DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-07-2013, 01:46 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
Oh I did. I'll put some pics up tomorrow so you can be jealous
Damn! I hate it when that happens!
Old 11-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT 4x4
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:214
Gecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura about

So I finally have all my parts in! Here's a teaser

Here is whats in the big box. Thanks 07HemiRam!

The offer was too good to pass up! And yes, for those of you that don't know/ have never seen one its a BFI intake and yes it does need that big of a box!
Old 11-09-2014, 08:05 PM

Gecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura about

So I never got around to updating this thread after I did my cam install last year. It's been a full year with the cam in the truck and it's been great! I figured I would update this thread with what I've done to the truck since the cam and then let you all know what the new project is thats going on in a couple weeks.

Anyways heres a few pictures from the cam install

Somehow a cricket got underneath my intake manifold. Don't ask me how...

We left the headers attached to the heads and just pulled the heads. Made things easier.

This is Mike. He is a friend/installer. Yes he is standing in there.

Old 11-09-2014, 08:10 PM

Once we had the heads out, Mike removed the headers and changed all the valve springs and pushrods. He also saw that my valve stem seals were in terrible condition and needed replacing too so I ordered those and we changed them as well. This took care of the small amount of white smoke I had coming from my exhaust because I was burning oil because of the bad seals.

Here is Mike doing his thing

Old 11-09-2014, 08:16 PM

Finally finished. Here are a few finished pictures.

Mike did an unbelievable job on the install and amazing in all the help he gave me before and after. He runs Extreme Mopar Performance based in Long Island, NY. Inertia recommended him to me and he could not have been better. I have since become friends with him and have been to his place more than just to have the work done. He is the one who will be installing my next project. I suggest anyone in the NJ or NY area check him out and use him for what you need done.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:18 PM

Here are the obligatory videos. Inertia actually took the second one and put it up on there site under under the Crazy Jay Plus cam (I thought that was pretty cool )

Old 11-09-2014, 08:41 PM

Once February rolled around I saw a thread on one of the forums of some OEM 22" SRT-10 wheels. I was in California playing baseball at the time but was able to secure them for when I got home. I wanted something to fill the wheel well more and the 20's just weren't cutting it. I bought the wheels from a guy in Brooklyn who is currently in the process of building a forged motor SRT-10 Viper Ram with an F1 Procharger unit. I believe he plans on making about 925 rwhp.

When I picked them up

Size comparison

I also went ahead and bought some EBC rotors and pads. I wasn't sure when my rotors had last been changed or the pads so I figured I would do the brakes and the wheels all at once.

The rotors and pads made a HUGE difference in how my truck stopped. It was a night and day comparison between the new pads and rotors and the old ones.

With the 22's

I eventually got some new tires too. Nitto NT420s in 305/40/22

Old 11-09-2014, 08:47 PM

Just before I left for my baseball season out in Ohio I got my AFR gauge installed. I went with the AEM digital wideband gauge. After shopping around for a while I managed to order a single gauge A-pillar from an SRT-10 salvage yard to put my AEM gauge into.

This is what one piece of my exhaust looks like. The other side looks the exact same only flipped. We had this off so we could weld the wideband o2 bung in. We also fixed a tiny exhaust leak I was having that was throwing o2 sensor codes.

Everything all installed
Old 11-09-2014, 08:50 PM

Lastly, and this isn't technically considered a mod, but because of how good Mike has been to me I wanted to be able to represent his work properly so I asked him to make me up one of his decals to put on my truck. I usually don't like stickers or decals on vehicles but I thought his design looked good enough that it would look good on my truck and I wanted to be able to show off who had done the work to my truck.

Got it in Lime Green to match my theme

(Yes I know it's a little crooked, I'm an idiot lol)
Old 11-09-2014, 09:05 PM

The new project will be happening the weekend after Thanksgiving. I was on one of the forums one day and someone put up a thread about a new company that's making superchargers for our Rams. They are charging significantly less than all other companies. There was a big discussion about reliability and power and this and that. I contacted the company as well as a few other people to try and get as much information as I could for everyone in the thread. The biggest concern was the fact that the unit didn't come with an intercooler. After getting all the info I had I texted Mike and asked him a few questions. He said the intercooler would be the easy part as long as it fits. He also said he had installed this companies supercharger before on a challenger (might have been a charger) and that they seemed to be good quality. after some more talking with him and some more talking on the thread I decided to be the guinea pig.

So with that being said I will be adding a TorqStorm supercharger in a couple weeks. I'll be running a Treadstone intercooler to go along with it. Mike is going to do the install and run the piping for the inter cooler. We are also going to be upgrading the fuel pump of the truck to be able to handle to new injectors (I also need to change my fuel pump as mine isn't working properly anyways). New colder stage spark plugs will be installed also. AJHemi (as he's known on the LX forums) from Arrington will be doing the tune. His shop, True Street Performance, is only 20 min from Mike's.

The plan right now is to run 5-6 psi of boost. This way the stock pistons will be ok and the trans should last for a little bit. The plan in the future is to ride this trans out until it fails and then go with either an L&M trans or a Sharadon trans as those seem to be the 2 best options. Once the trans is put in I'll eventually put new pistons in that can take some more boost and then I'll probably have the truck retuned for 10 psi of boost. But that's all a ways away right now.

Just some parts pictures

That's all I've got for now. I'll post back up once the install has started/finished and the truck is running with the supercharger in it