DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-20-2013, 10:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
IBEWSteve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstc00 View Post
Because he is only running the subs at 2 ohm he will only be getting 800 rms total for both of the subs. THe 1500 is if you are to run the subs a 1 ohm
Dude, you put me in to full on def con 5 here. How the hell did I miss that detail? I set up the exchange for D4s so I can run them the way I want now. The NetAudio box probably wont be here for a little while longer so at least this snafu didnt hold up the operation, but when I saw your post, I was like noooooooooooooo he's right!!!

I know this box will be worth it, luckily I swapped out my exhaust this weekend for a Borla XR 1 and it has been music to my ears.

So yes, I will be running 2 SA 12 D4's to 1 Ohm on my SA1500
Old 08-27-2013, 06:41 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4X4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:27
StoneyWV is on a distinguished road

You better be looking at some electrical upgrades if you think your going to push over 1500wrms in your truck.
2010 QC ST, 5.7L, 4.10 Gear Swap, 5100 Leveling Shocks at 1.7", K&N Drop-in, Pioneer U310BT, 12" Dayton/Net Audio Sub, JL Components, ARC Audio Amps, Magnaflow 14 inch, Granite Alloys sporting 34" BFG T/A KO, HID conversion full blackout.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:59 AM
My Truck Stinks!!!!!!!!!!

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: True Blue
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:14
Medic860 is on a distinguished road

Any updates on your project?
Old 09-21-2013, 12:25 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 HEMI 4x4
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: deep cherry red
Rep:71
daviddup78 will become famous soon enough

all i did was put my massive Nano3 amp (1400watts rms) under my driver seat and put a pro box rocks single 10 ported box loaded with their sub under my back seat. sounds good, Not as loud as my Memphis Mojo 15 that was in a custom center console back seat. but it will do fo rnow lol

Old 11-08-2013, 06:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
gomerboat is on a distinguished road

Any update? Or has it moved to another thread?

I am looking to run the same amp/box/sub combo and am interested to see how this turned out for you.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:09 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Rep:71
Campbell402 will become famous soon enough

Also interested in a update
Old 02-13-2014, 09:40 PM

Default Totally Spaced

I am so sorry guys, I was out of commission in the hospital for awhile and I have been back on the forum recently and I spaced that I had this thread open. Its cold as balls here in Chicago right now, but I will take some pics of the final product as soon as I can so you can see how it all looks. I will snap a vid of it too so you can see them working, but you know how bass comes across in video, still, its soooo good.

The install went smooth considering it was my first custom underseat build. I still find it odd that we had to mod the seats so that you can fold down the rear, but you guys were all helpful. I added the spacers just to ensure myself the 12s would clear, and I mounted the AMP to a thin piece of plywood behind the rear sliding window behind the seats, my truck didnt have anything else to bolt to really. Other than that, I did run a bass knob up to the dash and mounted it just below the stereo. I made the mistake on my Jeep when I mounted the knob by my headlight knobs and the LED light blinded me constantly. This time, the light faces up and since I am switching out my interiors soon for LEDs, the whole thing oughta match!

In terms of sound, I am so happy I went the route I did. The subs carry plenty of power, feels like they dont even try. With the short spacers in the back, my passengers never complain about their ass vibrating too much. The Sundowns were a perfect balance between volume and quality. I am also happy I went with a sealed box by NetAudio. No disrespect to FoxBox, but the craftmanship from NetAudio is ridiculous. The box is a work of art, built specifically as a product from my many conversations with Paul discussing what I want out of my Subs. I can crank these things up and listen to something with a busy bottom line and it keeps up and doesnt feel like a weird lazy echo, and on the opposite side of the coin, it stays crisp and knows its place when something more refined is on. The last piece of the puzzle is that there is virtually no rattling in or around the truck- people dont complain about the noise, but I have set off an alarm or two when playing around with the systems limitations. I at no point clip out and have to worry about drawing too much power. Autokraft was amazingly helpful for the install when he assured me no power upgrades would be needed.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500
Trim Level: Limited
Color: Granite Crystal
Ninjabic is on a distinguished road

Pumped to see them in action! Are you getting much excursion? I REALLY wanted to go the dual SD-8's route but my local audio dealer was convinced the Sundowns MUST be in ported boxes...

Anyway, I ended up going with a single Diamond Audio TX10. Hopefully it'll thump enough to my satisfaction. Install should be done Saturday.

http://www.diamondaudio.com/products...oofers/1000-2/
Old 02-15-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjabic View Post
Pumped to see them in action! Are you getting much excursion? I REALLY wanted to go the dual SD-8's route but my local audio dealer was convinced the Sundowns MUST be in ported boxes...

Anyway, I ended up going with a single Diamond Audio TX10. Hopefully it'll thump enough to my satisfaction. Install should be done Saturday.

http://www.diamondaudio.com/products...oofers/1000-2/
I knew when I was figuring out the system what kind of sound I was looking for, so I have a good amount of power to a sealed system producing tight but really full notes. Excursion has not been a problem, but I am not pushing anything to the limit. I am sure this setup could move some serious air, but for now, I am more than satisfied.