DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-22-2013, 07:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Laramie Longhorn Crew
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Brown
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
jdolotina is on a distinguished road

Don't forget, heated steering and seats will not activate on a remote start unless below 40 degrees F. I wish the temp was adjustable. 45 in Louisiana is cold!

Josh D.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:54
Danfantana will become famous soon enough

Has anyone had this problem resolved? Im having the same issue. What was wrong and what was done to correct it.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Cherry Red
Rep:465
Monster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danfantana View Post
Has anyone had this problem resolved? Im having the same issue. What was wrong and what was done to correct it.
Not yet, I'm on my second dealer trying to get this fixed. The real problem is the service bay techs do not understand the operating parameters and each time they call the Chrysler STAR line, they get different answers.

I'm taking a different approach today, lucky for me, my son is an engineer at Chrysler and he brought home his diagnostic tools. We will rung through the heated seat diagnostics today.

Using a infrared thermometer I have measured the temperature of my heater seat after five minutes of engine warm-up with out sitting in it, I read 74 degrees. After driving to work (30 minutes), heated seat on high, I measured 92 degrees. This isn't heated, it is slightly warm.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 dodge ram 1500
Color: White
Rep:10
ferret is on a distinguished road

My heated seats are crap as well. I was thinking it had something to do with the fact that they are heated and cooled seats not just heated.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:21 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Sport
Color: Silver
John Cambell is on a distinguished road

I experience the same "lack" of heat..

I think its due to being used to different vehicles. I used to drive a Ford Escape, and the heated seats worked way better than my dodge. You really felt the heat instantly and good.

The dodge, not as good. But after im getting used to this "style" of heat, I am starting to feel it..

For those of you on here that say the heated seats are very hot, just wondering, have you drove mostly dodges?
Old 11-10-2013, 01:59 PM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Ram CC
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:117
KJ48 will become famous soon enoughKJ48 will become famous soon enough

This '13 has pretty weak seat heaters compared to my '10 and '12 it seems. Its possible they may have made them 'not so hot' on purpose - someone may have sued for lowered sperm count or something lol.

The low position hardly does anything, granted its only been in the 30s here for lows but I remember my '12 getting a lot hotter - almost to the point of being uncomfortably warm on high.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:54 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Hemi
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn 4x4
Color: Black
Rep:17
batster is on a distinguished road

Like alot of other people in this thread mentioned, my seat will burn your arss if you let it. I'd say either your seat heat is no plugged in or you have lost all your feelings in your butt. Because you said you took an IR reading and only show 92 degrees im leaning towards your heater is no functioning.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:34 AM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 Laramie
Color: Cherry Red
Rep:465
Monster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret View Post
My heated seats are crap as well. I was thinking it had something to do with the fact that they are heated and cooled seats not just heated.
You are correct, vented seats are the ones not warming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batster View Post
Like alot of other people in this thread mentioned, my seat will burn your arss if you let it. I'd say either your seat heat is no plugged in or you have lost all your feelings in your butt. Because you said you took an IR reading and only show 92 degrees im leaning towards your heater is no functioning.
My son ran through the diagnostics this weekend and his conclusion is a poor design. The front seat heaters pulled three amps on high, compare that to the heated steering wheel at seven amps. Everything appeared to be functioning correctly and no DTCs were set.

My rear seats warm up nicely, it is just the front seats. Like said, the low setting, well, my body heat does more than the heater pads. On high, I can barely feel warmth.

I've had heated seats in many vehicles including my wife's Tahoe which has heated/cooled seating and they got nice and warm. All I have left is to beg Chrysler to re-evaluate the seat heating system and release better calibrations.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:15 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Sport
Color: Silver
John Cambell is on a distinguished road

That's what I was thinking.... If this was my 1st vehicle that had heated seats, I would probably think they were really good,,, but because my escape had heated seats, im comparing the two, and the escape wins.

At first, they seem like they don't work, but there is heat , and they are working...

To the poster above...It would be interesting to find somebody that says the heated seats work awesome and they burn their butt off...... I wonder if the diagnotsitc would be the same. This would be the only true way to squash this mystery.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:53 PM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Ram CC
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:117
KJ48 will become famous soon enoughKJ48 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cambell View Post
That's what I was thinking.... If this was my 1st vehicle that had heated seats, I would probably think they were really good,,, but because my escape had heated seats, im comparing the two, and the escape wins.

At first, they seem like they don't work, but there is heat , and they are working...

To the poster above...It would be interesting to find somebody that says the heated seats work awesome and they burn their butt off...... I wonder if the diagnotsitc would be the same. This would be the only true way to squash this mystery.
+1

They do work, but not as well as my previous 4th gen Rams and they were both Laramies with the heated/cooled buckets. Its possible they may be limiting the current in the newer trucks to keep some other electronics happy. Or its possible they are sourcing the heater elements from a different company and they changed some time during 2013 production.

Either way they do work, both my driver and passenger seat are about the same.