DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-13-2013, 05:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Balck
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
johnvosh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSmart View Post
Really??

Well that doesn't sound too promising?

I have been debating on this very topic......should I or shouldn't I get snow tires for the truck??

How bad was your weather?
Well we had got around 10-15cm of snow, then it was cold, and then this week we are getting up to around 2-4 Celsius and rain. The main roads are ok, but any of the side roads are just terrible. Basically snow covered and ice. I had the truck in 4x4 hi and coming from the stop sign, gave it a bit of gas. Instead of turning, the truck basically just slid and I stop resting against the curb. Luckily I didn't hit it very hard. Can't even see any marks on the tires or rims.

Next year I'm going to be getting the Continental ExtemeWinterContact 265/70R17 for the winter.

2013 Dodge Challenger Rallye Redline, 3.6L, 5spd auto, white
Old 11-13-2013, 05:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 81 91 93 dodge
Rep:11
crazzywolfie is on a distinguished road

changed the thermostat, heater core and alternator in my 81. still have to put stuff in the cab back together and think i might have to shim the alternator bracket a bit more but so far so good. the truck seems to like the 100 amp alternator. seems to run a bit better. also installed the temp sensor for the electric fan controller but have not hooked up the fans to it yet. will be so nice once i am done. just hope it warms up. working in below 0 temps suck.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:56 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Color: Black
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnvosh View Post
Well we had got around 10-15cm of snow, then it was cold, and then this week we are getting up to around 2-4 Celsius and rain. The main roads are ok, but any of the side roads are just terrible. Basically snow covered and ice. I had the truck in 4x4 hi and coming from the stop sign, gave it a bit of gas. Instead of turning, the truck basically just slid and I stop resting against the curb. Luckily I didn't hit it very hard. Can't even see any marks on the tires or rims.

Next year I'm going to be getting the Continental ExtemeWinterContact 265/70R17 for the winter.
Wow that sounds brutal!

I think I'd be a little ticked if that happened to me too.

Thanks for the info on the tires as well, I may have to look into those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzywolfie View Post
changed the thermostat, heater core and alternator in my 81. still have to put stuff in the cab back together and think i might have to shim the alternator bracket a bit more but so far so good. the truck seems to like the 100 amp alternator. seems to run a bit better. also installed the temp sensor for the electric fan controller but have not hooked up the fans to it yet. will be so nice once i am done. just hope it warms up. working in below 0 temps suck.
It could be worse I suppose......you could be in Alliston with all the snow! LOL...
Old 11-14-2013, 10:10 AM

Vehicle: 81 91 93 dodge
Rep:11
crazzywolfie is on a distinguished road

we had snow here the other day. luckily it has already melted and it looks like today will be a warmer day.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:20 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:159
CaptDuff has a spectacular aura aboutCaptDuff has a spectacular aura about

Got a line-x spray in bedliner put in this morning. Now I just gotta get time and put all the crap back in/on my bed.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:26 PM

RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

I took my wallet, sunglasses, gum, and money out of my truck so that I could drive my car today.

Got into my car, started it, sat in the driveway for a few minutes thinking of what excuse I could use to drive my truck today.

I got out of my car, put my wallet, sunglasses, gum, and money back in my truck and drove away in it!
Old 11-14-2013, 10:30 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 ST
Trim Level: ST
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Rep:65
Mojack will become famous soon enough

I spruced up the plain interior a little with door panels and dash trim,,,thanks to Neverenuff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0005.JPG (75.9 KB, 30 views)
Old 11-15-2013, 12:24 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I took my wallet, sunglasses, gum, and money out of my truck so that I could drive my car today.

Got into my car, started it, sat in the driveway for a few minutes thinking of what excuse I could use to drive my truck today.

I got out of my car, put my wallet, sunglasses, gum, and money back in my truck and drove away in it!
I knew there was a reason the word "smart" was in your screen name. 'Bout time you showed some!
Old 11-15-2013, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRamJet View Post
I knew there was a reason the word "smart" was in your screen name. 'Bout time you showed some!
LOL......

I really do like my convertible, but considering it's too cold to use it now I have to park it for the winter.

The only reason why I am still going to take it out is because I haven't cleaned my garage yet to make room for it (full of woodworking tools, light fixtures from work, and just plain old garbage).

I figure I still have a few more weeks before the snow flies up here, so I may as well enjoy the easy parking downtown whilst I still have a chance. LOL....
Old 11-15-2013, 12:38 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
LOL......

I really do like my convertible, but considering it's too cold to use it now I have to park it for the winter.

The only reason why I am still going to take it out is because I haven't cleaned my garage yet to make room for it (full of woodworking tools, light fixtures from work, and just plain old garbage).

I figure I still have a few more weeks before the snow flies up here, so I may as well enjoy the easy parking downtown whilst I still have a chance. LOL....
Ah, I got it now. Gotta ride the ragtop before old man winter hits, I get that. But it sure didn't take much convincing or arm twisting to get you back in to the Ram. Better get that garage cleaned out, pronto.