DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:32
Scotian Pride is on a distinguished road
Default what will fit?

hey all. I was just wondering about tire sizes I have a 13 ram sxt that I'm going to put a leveling kit under and I was wondering what the biggest tire size is that would fit under my truck once I had this done. I was hoping to fit 35's but I was told that they'll rub in cornering and I don't really wanna start cutting into my truck if I can help it.
Sponsored links
Old 11-10-2013, 08:23 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Are you keeping the stock wheels or going aftermarket?

On the stock wheels the widest you can typically go without spacers is a 285. Fitting up to 35's with a leveling kit isn't a problem. If you go with aftermarket wheels you'll just order the correct offset and you'll be able to fit a 35x12.5 if you want to. Without knowing your wheel set up it's hard to give you more information than that. And what leveling kit you're putting on it...

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 11-10-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Are you keeping the stock wheels or going aftermarket?

On the stock wheels the widest you can typically go without spacers is a 285. Fitting up to 35's with a leveling kit isn't a problem. If you go with aftermarket wheels you'll just order the correct offset and you'll be able to fit a 35x12.5 if you want to. Without knowing your wheel set up it's hard to give you more information than that. And what leveling kit you're putting on it...
right now my wheel set up is the stock one for the ram sxt I cant remember the exact size right now I think is along the like of 275/75/17 or somethin to that effect. and the leveling kit I was plannin on getting was the one from dodge they put in the sports I believe. I was trying to stick with as much stuff from dodge and using the dealer as I could because I'm tryin not to void the warranty on it
Old 11-10-2013, 08:39 PM

and i was planning on keeping the stock rims. I like the look of them and I'm very very picky when it comes to the way a truck should look lol
Old 11-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Okay, well first off Dodge doesn't actually make any aftermarket suspension parts such as leveling kits or lift kits. Everything they have is rebranded from another company and then the price is jacked up. So honestly it's a rip off to do that. Adding aftermarket parts like a leveling kit cannot void your warranty. In order for something to void your warranty the dealership has to be able to prove it was the cause of the problem. So there's a chance you might get stuck with the bill if a front end part wears out prematurely but that is unlikely to happen.

You'd actually be much better off spending the money and getting Bilstein 5100 Adjustable struts to level your truck. The reduced the risk of damaging front end parts because they won't allow the suspension to over extend like a strut spacer can. Plus it's a much cleaner looking install and will give you a better ride.

As far as your wheels go, you aren't going to fit a full 35x12.5 on the stock 17's. They simply have too much backspacing to allow it. You're going to want to look for something more like a 285/75/17 which will measure 33.8"x11.2" If you want to go wider than that you're probably going to need spacers. Then you could be looking for a 295/75/17 which measures 34.4"x11.6"

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 11-10-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Okay, well first off Dodge doesn't actually make any aftermarket suspension parts such as leveling kits or lift kits. Everything they have is rebranded from another company and then the price is jacked up. So honestly it's a rip off to do that. Adding aftermarket parts like a leveling kit cannot void your warranty. In order for something to void your warranty the dealership has to be able to prove it was the cause of the problem. So there's a chance you might get stuck with the bill if a front end part wears out prematurely but that is unlikely to happen.

You'd actually be much better off spending the money and getting Bilstein 5100 Adjustable struts to level your truck. The reduced the risk of damaging front end parts because they won't allow the suspension to over extend like a strut spacer can. Plus it's a much cleaner looking install and will give you a better ride.

As far as your wheels go, you aren't going to fit a full 35x12.5 on the stock 17's. They simply have too much backspacing to allow it. You're going to want to look for something more like a 285/75/17 which will measure 33.8"x11.2" If you want to go wider than that you're probably going to need spacers. Then you could be looking for a 295/75/17 which measures 34.4"x11.6"
Thanks for the info I really appreciate it. I'll have to get a set ordered up.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express RC
Color: Black Express Package
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:62
RyanJM will become famous soon enough

285/60r20's is what I have and they fit without the 1" level I added. If your going to do some real wheeling stick with a 295/60 on the stockers or a 285/60 like me. I drive my stick hard and folded up the wheel well liners up front. It was a easy fix. But I defiantly need at least 2.5" level min for how I take mine wheeling.

2014 Black Express, 4.5" Maxtrac lift, Ballistic Razorback's 20x9, 35x12.5 Federal Cougaria MT's, DeeZee tailgate assist, K&N drop in filter, magnaflow 16" welded in, Diablo Trinity, 20% tint on the front and 5% on the rear glass, AVS Smoked Aeroskin, HID 3000k fogs, 6000k HID's in the projectors.