DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-13-2013, 11:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: white
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
galfer is on a distinguished road
Default Curious how White Lightning tunes are working out.

ive seen mostly good reports of white lightning engine and tranny tunes and only a couple of guys saying their tranny fried. but I haven't seen anything as of recently so I was hoping I could drum up some current feedback if bugs have been worked out.

thanks in advance
Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2013, 06:31 PM

Vehicle: 2005 QC 4X4 HEMI RAM
Trim Level: Thunder Road
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:418
hydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nice

Never heard of them, but my dyno tuner really firmed up my shifts with custom tuning with Diablo. Don't know exactly what he did, other than consult with Johan at Diablo. Did the Sonnax line pressure booster then tweaked the tune for my new cam, when I got my truck back, he asked how I liked it, grinning from ear to ear. WOT shifts are (Very) firm, lets say. I know he's raised shift points as high as 7,000 rpms for hemi "Pull Trucks"
Inertia Spartan Plus cam, Circle D 3,000 rpm stall converter,Sonnax line pressure booster, Vararam, JBA's with cut outs, Rancho 9000's,3:92's, extra rear leaf.Line-X Bedliner, 210,000 miles To Hell and back. 14.2/96 mph NEDW
Old 11-15-2013, 02:35 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Bright White Clear Coat
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:104
Frankf300 will become famous soon enoughFrankf300 will become famous soon enough

I'm going thru hell right now with my truck from what seems to be because of his tune. Looks like she'll be going in for a trans within the next week. I'm beyond pissed at this point, so now we'll see if my dealer tries to screw me because of intake and exhaust. I spoke to Sean(HemiFever) last night and he simply told me this is not the first time he's gotten this call before. I would leave it to Sean if I were you, he DOES do tranny tuning also. I have not heard complaints about him. Whereas I now need a tranny because of a poor choice in a tuner. Sean (full-time) Dave (part-time), I should've known better from the get go.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:57 AM

Vehicle: 2012 ram reg cab express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Rep:79
dusterman will become famous soon enough

I took his tune of because of all the people are so having trouble with his tunes. my truck ran bat outta hell but I was afraid of my transmission blowing up. after two transmissions blowing from to other people. I decided to run stock till further notice.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:03 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Color: Flame Red
Rep:517
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, i havent heard that name around here in about 6mo or so...

From all i gathered it was his trans tunes that people had trouble with...but still i wouldnt run one for that reason. Just peace of mind cuz i get paranoid...lol

Ima go with hemifever when i get a tuner fosho, great feedback and service
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler,AFE CAI, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s,BT 964SP lowered on oem chrome 17's and some LEDs... Plenty on the To-Do list

New audio build in progress
Old 11-16-2013, 01:54 PM

Vehicle: 2013
Color: Black
Rep:116
jerseymike will become famous soon enoughjerseymike will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankf300 View Post
I'm going thru hell right now with my truck from what seems to be because of his tune. Looks like she'll be going in for a trans within the next week. I'm beyond pissed at this point, so now we'll see if my dealer tries to screw me because of intake and exhaust. I spoke to Sean(HemiFever) last night and he simply told me this is not the first time he's gotten this call before. I would leave it to Sean if I were you, he DOES do tranny tuning also. I have not heard complaints about him. Whereas I now need a tranny because of a poor choice in a tuner. Sean (full-time) Dave (part-time), I should've known better from the get go.
Don't think they should give you a problem with your current mods. If they do you can go to a different dealer. I read about one guy that went to 3 dealers before he found one that would do it under warranty. Do you know what the code is for? Seems like the OD clutch packs go out pretty frequently.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:30 PM

Vehicle: 07 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: st
Color: silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:68
moparmike07 will become famous soon enough

he tuned my truck runs great. I just had a tq converter fail idk doubt it was from him but he tunes seem to be good. Great guy. also talking to john at diablo also.

2007 dodge ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 5 percent tint all around 35 percent windshield, ported tb, diablo sport, arh headers, magnaflow dual exhaust, magnaflow y pipe, krc210x cam,nitrous,CNC ported head. 4.56 motive