DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Other Vehicle Discussion

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-16-2013, 07:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodg Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:148
JWM59 will become famous soon enoughJWM59 will become famous soon enough

Does it have a DPFE sensor?
Old 11-16-2013, 10:29 AM
Thinks sheep are stupid

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1734
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWM59 View Post
Does it have a DPFE sensor?
Noooooooooooo, no Delta Feedback. That'd be an easy one. I've already got more money into this thing (time mostly) than I paid for it.

Here's an update: F,F,F,F.

Here's another: Probed the EVP (EGR valve position sensor, another stupid redundant integration designed by idiots) and the Crap Elusive Light stayed off all day. Popped on again this morning after it was warmed up, 6 mile drive to the store, and came on at the restart.

Went under the hood and pushed in on the plug...light wouldn't come back on. When I probe the V-return and the signal voltage is as constant as it ever was...

Back to the junkyard to visit it's brothers and sisters for a plug end.

BTW, JWM59... did I mention F?

DISCLAIMER
If you are offended easily don't click on my screen name
Old 11-16-2013, 11:30 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

It is really living up to that "Fix Or Repair Daily" slogan. Hope you can get this all figured out soon before you hurt someone Drew lol.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 11-16-2013, 02:13 PM
Thinks sheep are stupid

Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
It is really living up to that "Fix Or Repair Daily" slogan. Hope you can get this all figured out soon before you hurt someone Drew lol.

It really is living up to the fix or repair daily slogan...it really is living up to that fix or repair slogan...they're all gonna laugh at you...they're all gonna laugh at you...

Poke...poke...

Thanks. Did I mention I hate this thing?

DISCLAIMER
Old 11-16-2013, 02:21 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock III View Post
It really is living up to the fix or repair daily slogan...it really is living up to that fix or repair slogan...they're all gonna laugh at you...they're all gonna laugh at you...

Poke...poke...

Thanks. Did I mention I hate this thing?
Well when it carries a big ugly blue oval on it.. It is a hard vehicle not to hate.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:53 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodg Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:148
JWM59 will become famous soon enoughJWM59 will become famous soon enough

Last ford I bought new was a windstar. Biggest POS we ever bought. Replaced two piece plenum due to separation causing annoying rattle with one piece after market from Rock auto. Had to buy special bolts with built in rubber washers 80 bucks yes I said 80 bucks, Plenum was only 100 bucks. Which explained the oil running down the engine due to it getting sucked through the PCV valve than TB and settling on the bottom of plenum thus eating the very pricey bolts. Damm near changed every sensor in it to make the CEI go out with no luck. It drank about a quart of antifreeze once a month Had some kind of servo that opened up secondary butterflies at each cylinder, the linkage for that had crappy little plastic clips that would corrode and fall apart that were a total PITA to get to, oh these 10 cent looking items were six bucks a piece. Paint flakes that would fall off the car were about 1" in diameter. I could drag this out but I know you are having your own problems. That was the last Ford I purchased new. I love the new Mustang 5.0 but I got my truck for less than they want for a F-in car. Plus I don't trust them quite yet. Hope the new plug does the trick!

Last edited by JWM59; 11-16-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:53 PM
Thinks sheep are stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWM59 View Post
Last ford I bought new was a windstar. Biggest POS we ever bought. Replaced two piece plenum due to separation causing annoying rattle with one piece after market from Rock auto. Had to buy special bolts with built in rubber washers 80 bucks yes I said 80 bucks, Plenum was only 100 bucks. Which explained the oil running down the engine due to it getting sucked through the PCV valve than TB and settling on the bottom of plenum thus eating the very pricey bolts. Damm near changed every sensor in it to make the CEI go out with no luck. It drank about a quart of antifreeze once a month Had some kind of servo that opened up secondary butterflies at each cylinder, the linkage for that had crappy little plastic clips that would corrode and fall apart that were a total PITA to get to, oh these 10 cent looking items were six bucks a piece. Paint flakes that would fall off the car were about 1" in diameter. I could drag this out but I know you are having your own problems. That was the last Ford I purchased new. I love the new Mustang 5.0 but I got my truck for less than they want for a F-in car. Plus I don't trust them quite yet. Hope the new plug does the trick!

I had a Windstar for my ex-wife. Went through 3 flex plates in 2 months. I could change it in 2 hours when I got to the 3rd. Gave it to the junkyard I was working at and took a scrapped Plymouth Expresso in trade.

DISCLAIMER
Old 01-25-2014, 04:28 PM
Thinks sheep are stupid

Oh...I forgot to post up.

I fixed the 327 code on this stupid F350 and the light went off. Cleaned the ports and put in a new EGR valve.

No more engine light, but now it runs worse than ever.

DISCLAIMER
Old 01-25-2014, 07:20 PM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:121
canadian.bacon will become famous soon enoughcanadian.bacon will become famous soon enough

i think it just wants to die....
Old 01-25-2014, 07:55 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Derbyyyy It