DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Cowboy Medic's Original Cowboy Cadillac

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Kamanhart 
#1 ·
So I figured since I have had quite a few questions about my original '99 Dually, I would just make a build thread and put in what I could from all my original pictures. I had this truck for more than ten years and put almost 200,000 miles on it. It also means a lot to me because it was built to order by my dad and was the last diesel he had.

Here she is the day, I got it from my mom.

And this is how she looked the day I took her to the dealer when I traded it on the green Outdoorsman.

I will go over the pics I have saved from my various projects and additions over the ten years I had it and build up the thread over the next few days.

See less See more
#3 ·
Most of these pics I have came from when I was in college. So my digital files were usually made smaller to accommodate the size limits and upload times from 12 years ago. I have tried to enlarge or go back and find the original picture files but I am not having a lot of luck. So far this is what I have.

The horse and Cowboy Cadillac graphics were ones that were given to me as a gift by my girlfriend at the time. I am lucky enough that she is now my wife and the mother of our three beautiful children.

My dad had the truck bed Rhino Lined and had the fifth wheel hitch installed. My folks were living the full time RV life when my dad died. They had a 33ft fifth wheel and then pulled a three horse slant horse trailer behind that from South Dakota to Arizona every year.

As part of the deal of me getting the dually from my mom, I had to give my brother the custom sliding lid toolbox that my dad had in the truck. My brother had a 2001 2500 that it fit so that way he had something from Dad's setup. So I picked up the toolbox shown here and installed it.

I wired in a light and also some power outlets inside the toolbox. I am still looking for pictures. On this truck, I installed an on-board air system and tank and then ran quick connect coupler for the air lines out the back of the truck and into the tool box. If I find the pics I will post them up because I thought he setup was very cool.

One of my first mods was to replace the little cubby storage behind the shifter and install my CB radio and Scanner. I also swapped out the factory cd player for the Pioneer deck. I really liked that I found a limited edition CB that had a black and green lighting scheme that matched the factory gauges pretty good for nighttime lighting.

I added a set of gauges to monitor things when I added the comp box. I later added Diesel Dynamics stage III injectors. That led me to replacing the transmission and clutch. I went with a fully splined fifth gear rebuilt tranny and a South Bend clutch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.