DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion > Kills and More Kills

Notices

Kills and More Kills Fictional stories about how you may have smoked another car or truck with your Ram on or off the track! - Keep safe out there!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-21-2013, 12:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
datboiryan is on a distinguished road
Default Two kills over the past week

Decided to race a buddy the other night. I've always wondered who's was faster. My truck is a 2010 Ram Sport QC with the only performance mod being a new muffler. So it's all stock with 80k miles. His was a 2005 Cummins dually, standard transmission. I know he's running no muffler and has a programmer.

So we were rolling down the highway about 45 and the first two I smoke him. It really wasn't even close. Same thing on the second run. On the third and last run I decide to have a little fun. He punched it and I let him get a small 1 car lead by just feathering the throttle before getting on it around 60-70 and then pulling him in. This one was all in good fun.

Next was a few days later. Cruising on the highway when I see what looks to be an 05-08 Mustang GT. So I'm assuming it had the 4.6? Think it was an auto. Anyway, he passes me and I pull up beside him. Trying to get him to slow down and go. Well I guess he misunderstood me and he just went when I wasn't ready. We were probably rolling around 60ish. He obviously gets the jump on me just above my front bumper but I roll him back in and hit him with the deuces as I go by him. He then exited off. I'll be honest, I was expecting the worst. Are those Stangs really that slow? Possible that he let off? Was expecting a bit more out of it but I guess not. I do know that he floored it though because I could hear his weak exhaust.

Either way, the Hemi is still undefeated.
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2013, 01:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:15
acs0424 is on a distinguished road

From my experience and from what I've heard from others, our trucks can be those stangs. They really aren't fast. I'm more surprised that you walked on the cummins, to be honest.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
datboiryan is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty surprised about racing my buddy as well. I was confident in the hemi but I thought it was going to be closer than that.

The stang is what shocked me though. I mean, the dude jumped the gun and I still ended up with the win. Now I'll be a little less hesitant about racing the 4.6's.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:40 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Those 4.6L have some room for improvement. A fellow FF has one and with several bolt-ons, it goes well..... really well.

A well worked/tune one will eat you.

OEM, yes, they're slug boxes.

I too am surprised the Cummins didn't give you much headaches and at your "smoked him" comment.

Nice.

Grub out!
Old 03-21-2014, 11:44 AM

Vehicle: 2013 dodge ram
Trim Level: express
Color: white
Rep:25
jharrram13 is on a distinguished road

The stock 4.6's are kinda slow. Watch yourself if you pull up beside a 5.0 though....not the same story.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 ram crew cab sport
Trim Level: sport
Color: True blue pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:69
hemi4452 will become famous soon enough

I went light to light with a 4.6 newer stang with my 03. I abused him and his friends in the car.