DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-20-2013, 12:58 AM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1475
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of
Default Uconnect Not Recognizing Mobile

Here's one for the masses...

I've got my Droid Razr Maxx tethered to the Uconnect in my RHR radio. Been working great for months. Today I decide to call my mom using voice commands only.

I push the phone button on my steering wheel and when prompted I say.. "Call Mom Mobile" (I have multiple numbers for her). Uconnect replies saying no such number exists and give me two options.. Call Work or Pager?

Turns out that Pager called her mobile number. So I am wondering why Uconnect refers to mobile (cell) numbers as Pager numbers? This is really annoying. Why would it do this and is there a way to fix it? (Yes, the numbers in my phone contact list are saved as Mobile numbers and not Pager numbers - already checked that)

When I first purchased the truck, I had a Droid Incredible 2 and it worked perfectly.. would say "Calling Mom Mobile".. not Pager. Isn't a big deal, but who on earth would think to say call pager nowadays? Knowing this fault, I can work with it.. but would LOVE to change or fix it if at all possible.

Help?! GRRR!
Sponsored links
Old 11-22-2013, 08:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

The phone is what tells Uconnect the location of the number within the contact list. Then Uconnect will give that (those) location options to call.
I would try rebooting the phone, I can''t remember if on that phone the battery can be accessed. If it can, then remove the battery for a couple minutes then reinsert it. Now try it to see if the result is the same or not.
If you can't access the battery ( I know that Motorola has a couple phones that you can't), then you'll need to go into the settings menu and do a factory reset.
This usually helps when strange things start happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA1OTE View Post
Here's one for the masses...

I've got my Droid Razr Maxx tethered to the Uconnect in my RHR radio. Been working great for months. Today I decide to call my mom using voice commands only.

I push the phone button on my steering wheel and when prompted I say.. "Call Mom Mobile" (I have multiple numbers for her). Uconnect replies saying no such number exists and give me two options.. Call Work or Pager?

Turns out that Pager called her mobile number. So I am wondering why Uconnect refers to mobile (cell) numbers as Pager numbers? This is really annoying. Why would it do this and is there a way to fix it? (Yes, the numbers in my phone contact list are saved as Mobile numbers and not Pager numbers - already checked that)

When I first purchased the truck, I had a Droid Incredible 2 and it worked perfectly.. would say "Calling Mom Mobile".. not Pager. Isn't a big deal, but who on earth would think to say call pager nowadays? Knowing this fault, I can work with it.. but would LOVE to change or fix it if at all possible.

Help?! GRRR!
Old 11-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 1500 Mega Cab 4X4 3.73
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:185
namretsud has a spectacular aura aboutnamretsud has a spectacular aura about

The other thing to try is delete the phone from uconnect and then repair it. Sometimes uconnect gets scrambled.