DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Warranty Issues

Notices

Dodge Ram Warranty Issues Discuss your Dodge Ram Warranty in this forum.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:16
jtlind1999 is on a distinguished road

I checked through the manual and what I found was that it needed to come in for "service on regular intervals" and then they dictate the 15K,30K,60K, and so on. The other thing that I did not clarify is that when I originally started this in June RAM CARE stated that they needed to see the vehicle within the 60 day period and then they lengthened it to 90 days. The December 2012 Oil Change would have covered that, then once the Dealer sent all of the records to them in mid-August, there was no contact for almost a month (Friday, Sept. 13) and then they change their minds and say it has to be a "major service" like the 60K which was previously mentioned, so why not make the "special inspection" part of the 60K service and not a time range. My biggest issue at this point, aside from the fact that it took them from June of 2013 until now to actually give me a response, is that they keep changing their requirements. As I have said, love the RAM do not like the Corporation.
Thank you a gain for the responses.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Rep:16
jtlind1999 is on a distinguished road
Default Final Update-RIP

Final Update. I spoke with RAM Care Warranty a final time and apparently it was denied on the Corporate Level. They were the one who chose to override the requirements for the warranty and stated it needed to be a "major service" within 60 days of the 5 year anniversary date. They will extend it to 90 days. I was also told that one in three of the calls to RAM Care deal with this lifetime warranty and very few are honored. My major service was 104 days from the Anniversary Date, so the Corporate Note that this override was done after they had my complete file showing nothing but Dealer Service since I purchased it and only two warranty issues in the past. Aside from my situation, I am sharing this so that, there might be some options for those who have been told "no" to the lifetime warranty because of not doing the inspection, but have met the requirements above. On a positive side, I met with my local dealership service manager and they are willing to step in and take care of truck and "make it right" because they feel that Chrysler made a poor long term decision. Again, I thank you for taking the time to read the thread and for the input. I hope it is of use to someone. I do not wish this headache on anyone.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Sport Package
Color: The '09 blue
Rep:10
hemiram08 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by maust1 View Post
I am not saying chryco is doing the right thing but the warranty section of the owners manual explains the need for the 5 year inspection very clear. Sorry for your bad experience.
Mick
That's what you think i also Have a 08 ram with the same warranty and my motor locked up over the weekend, Dodge voided my warranty this morning. The dealer claims when they drained the oil and they only got two quarts, but it was there in Sept for the five year inspection and the truck pasted with flying colors.
Chrysler responded back to them it was a lack of maintenance, tho when it was there in Sept it was just after the oil was changed. also in Sept the truck had 125,686 miles now it has 127,302 miles on it.