DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Media Zone > Dodge Ram Pictures - Photos

Notices

Dodge Ram Pictures - Photos Post pictures of your Dodge Ram here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-24-2013, 01:54 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansRAM View Post
^^^^ That is the look I'm looking for, just some cool light behind the grill. I'd like to change the head lights to projectors or HIDs to give me more light while driving. I believe it's not legal to have the behind the grill lights on while driving.
I haven't had any problems yet and police see my truck all the time. I believe if it is red or pure blue then it could be a problem, but because my grill lights are a white/blue that there is nothing wrong with it. I made a thread on how to do it if your interested and don't feel like waiting. I don't know exactly where it would mount on the 4th gens as with the 3rd the grill pops up with the hood to make it easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRamJet View Post
That's an awesome shot, Brandon. It does make the truck look alive.
Thanks a lot
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowUFO View Post
Yeah, very cool Brandon.
Thanks Simon
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 11-24-2013, 07:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:525
Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light

Where I'm at you just cant have Front facing LEDS, so as i take that, you just cant see the strip. I assume red and blue is a no no as well. But its probably different in Canada!
plasti-dipped hood stripe, rims, mirrors,handles, emblems,
Green Interior LEDs
Old 11-24-2013, 08:24 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Very sweet setup, nice install, looks real good in the picture, must be even better in person.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Tradesman/Express
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
acnrupert is on a distinguished road

I hate to revive an old thread, but I did this in my truck a few weeks ago with some green led strip that I had leftover from doing the lights under the door.

However, I've run into a problem. For the first couple weeks after I installed everything, it worked great. Then one day they quit working along with the led strip on the drivers side. They both share a ground, but other than that, they are completely separate. The weird thing is that I twisted the wires around on the ground bolt and all of the sudden the side lights popped back on.
Did some quick inspections and discovered that the fuse had blown for the grill lights. I went ahead and switched from a 10amp to a 15amp fuse and tried them again, but no luck and after I hit the switch, once again the side lights went out. Moved the ground wires again and the side came back on, but still no dice on the grill lights. I checked the fuse, and it was fine, however the lights never worked in the front.

Yesterday I was looking around and happened to check the fuse again and now the 15amp fuse was blown even though I hadn't tried flipping the switch anymore since the last time I had checked it.

I'm really not sure what the problem is here. Prior to the first blown fuse, the lights in the grill had been working great for a couple weeks. I'm pretty much an electrical novice, but my understanding is that it was fine for these to share a ground, but I guess my next move is to attach the grill lights to their own ground. After that, I'm not sure what else could be the problem, or why it is that the lights worked for a while and now they won't work at all.

Did you happen to run into any issues close to this while you were doing yours?

Here are some pics of when it was working:

Last edited by acnrupert; 06-06-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:43 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acnrupert View Post
I hate to revive an old thread, but I did this in my truck a few weeks ago with some green led strip that I had leftover from doing the lights under the door.

However, I've run into a problem. For the first couple weeks after I installed everything, it worked great. Then one day they quit working along with the led strip on the drivers side. They both share a ground, but other than that, they are completely separate. The weird thing is that I twisted the wires around on the ground bolt and all of the sudden the side lights popped back on.
Did some quick inspections and discovered that the fuse had blown for the grill lights. I went ahead and switched from a 10amp to a 15amp fuse and tried them again, but no luck and after I hit the switch, once again the side lights went out. Moved the ground wires again and the side came back on, but still no dice on the grill lights. I checked the fuse, and it was fine, however the lights never worked in the front.

Yesterday I was looking around and happened to check the fuse again and now the 15amp fuse was blown even though I hadn't tried flipping the switch anymore since the last time I had checked it.

I'm really not sure what the problem is here. Prior to the first blown fuse, the lights in the grill had been working great for a couple weeks. I'm pretty much an electrical novice, but my understanding is that it was fine for these to share a ground, but I guess my next move is to attach the grill lights to their own ground. After that, I'm not sure what else could be the problem, or why it is that the lights worked for a while and now they won't work at all.

Did you happen to run into any issues close to this while you were doing yours?

Here are some pics of when it was working:

It sounds like a bad ground. I had the ground go bad where I just took the screw out and put a new connector like this.

Just make sure the wire is clean and the area you are grounding to is clean, I usually lightly sand the area I am grounding to to make sure paint or nothing else can interfere.

It may also be where the wire is saudered to the led bar has gone bad.
Test the ground first though, it sounds like this could be your problem. Report back with your results and we will go from there
Old 06-15-2014, 05:13 PM

Vehicle: 2013 DODGE RAM 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: SILVER
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:16
HammerHead is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
I bought some expanded metal & some drywall corner bead & made a bug screen for my '09
the '09 hood lifts up without the grille though, i have seen a 2004 Ram that a friend made up for his bug screen, his hood & grille lift up together

after one trip into the desert

after a quick cleaning

what it looks like installed

That's sweet. What are the dimensions of that mod?
Old 06-15-2014, 06:25 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

I really have to do the mod that GT did.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:03 PM

Vehicle: 2013 DODGE RAM 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: SILVER
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:16
HammerHead is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
I really have to do the mod that GT did.
Me too, the simplicity of the design is what I like.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:19 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Me too, the simplicity of the design is what I like.
I agree, I think I would need a bigger sheet though because I would wanna cover the A/C rad, tranny cooler and all that stuff.
Old 06-21-2014, 03:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2006 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Texas Edition
Rep:12
iveyusmc is on a distinguished road

I like how the grille lights up