DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Heating & Cooling

Notices

Heating & Cooling 4th Gen Dodge Ram Heating & Cooling Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-25-2013, 08:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 RCSB Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:470
Hornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of light

My 13 with a 4.7 doesn't smell,is it just the 5.7 trucks with the problem.

I wash under the hood weekly and spray everything down with a mix of Armour-All/Back to Black/ Mothers tire dressing,i mean everything,lol.
Hoses/ frame/fender liners/engine all get a liberal coating of my homemade mix.
Been doing it for close to 30 years and have never replaced a hose on anything i've owned,and it keeps things looking nice for years.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:59 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Laramie Crew cab Hemi
Trim Level: Laramie
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
paulswagelock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACR View Post
Good evening,

I don't know exactly which of these issues the ram has, could the two be linked?

Please send help!! Hah! I will remove rad cap tomorrow and be prepared to vomit. Will check back in with rad cap test. It's far too cold and windy out there to check it tonight!
The 2012 does not have the OAT coolant, so yours is a different problem than being addressed in this thread.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:14 PM

I received my Monday update.

New hoses are molded, but they have not been made into assemblies. So, anything that has a finished end of some sort, that part is not completed.
They expect that to be done this week, with new hose assemblies shipping next week, but the Chysler lead was cautiously optimistic the dates will stick.

Stay tuned.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Prairie Pearl Coat
Rep:46
R@mF@n is on a distinguished road
Default This just Stinks!

To paulswagelock - I got my call from Chrysler Customer Care today too. No call from the dealer though. I asked if this smell would harm the occupants of the vehicle. They are getting back to me on that.

Keep me posted on what you find out as my Customer Care rep acts like this is the first that she has heard of this issue.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R@mF@n View Post
To paulswagelock - I got my call from Chrysler Customer Care today too. No call from the dealer though. I asked if this smell would harm the occupants of the vehicle. They are getting back to me on that.

Keep me posted on what you find out as my Customer Care rep acts like this is the first that she has heard of this issue.
I get calls from Chrysler care, but they are not helpful. The owner of my dealership calls me twice a week and reads me the emails or plays the voicemail from the factory. I get the info direct as he does.

I will keep posting what I hear.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 5.7L
ACR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulswagelock View Post
The 2012 does not have the OAT coolant, so yours is a different problem than being addressed in this thread.
Alright, thank you.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:06 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:156
RandyW has a spectacular aura aboutRandyW has a spectacular aura about

Someone just told me about this thread. I have a 2014, so I created a thread under that section. Rather than re-type it, I'll paste my post here:

Ever since my last hunting trip in GA, I've had this ridiculously fowl smell coming from the front of my truck and in through the A/C. I was up there about 10 days and it rained once or twice. The truck was in the shade part of the day, but the weather was always relatively cool. I had some leaves on the hood, but I removed them pretty regularly. I only left camp with the truck a couple of times, so it sat there the majority of the trip. My trip was from Oct. 31 - Nov. 10.

The smell is still there, I can't get it to go away. It's not so bad when I turn on the recirculating air, but when you step out of the truck, or roll the window down, it hits you pretty bad. The smell is real bad around the front of my truck also. I've checked everywhere for leaves, dead critters, etc. I can't find anything. At first I thought it was a dead rat or something.

Any ideas? It's driving me nuts trying to get this smell to go away and everyone I park next to is probably wondering what the hell is up with my truck.

By the way, my truck is a 2014 Ram 1500, just bought it less than 2 months ago.

Man, I hope they come up with something pretty fast, this smell is absolutely horrendous on/in my truck. I was literally checking everywhere under the hood for a dead rat or something. I traded my almost brand new 2013 Ford F-150 (I bought it new, kept it 5 months) because of a defect they have on all F-150 trucks with the EcoBoost engine. Although my new RAM runs perfectly, I am a little discouraged that it has this stupid smell issue, though they clearly should have known about it from the 2013 models (and should have fixed it by now).
2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab Big Horn (3.21 gears) - Black Ext. Black/Grey Int. Mods include: Weathertech Digital Floormats, Limo Tint + Windshield, 2.5" HBS Leveling Kit, Blacked out badges, LED bulbs Interior/Exterior, 13" Stubby AntennaX, In-Cab Air Filter Mod, 18" Ultra Baron Wheels & 275/70R18 Nitto Trail Grapplers.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:41 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram 4x4 Quad Cab
Color: Deep Cherry
Rep:531
Flatlandor is a glorious beacon of lightFlatlandor is a glorious beacon of lightFlatlandor is a glorious beacon of lightFlatlandor is a glorious beacon of lightFlatlandor is a glorious beacon of lightFlatlandor is a glorious beacon of light

Two questions:

1) If they have not completed the manufacturing process to produce new hoses, then that means all the trucks being built up to now, including those coming off the line today, have the old hoses; so why is only a portion of the trucks having this issue?

2) I still don't understand why they can't just flush the OAT junk out of there and revert back to the 2012 coolant? Why new hoses?

2014 Laramie QC 4x4, tan interior, 3.92's, sport hood, customized Moto Metal wheels & AT tires, LineX bed, rockers and fender flares, K&N Filter, cabin filter, "black ice" grill inserts, Putco bed rails, RollBac tonneau cover, LED bed lights, Mufflex 14" with Mufflex resonator and stock resonators, Moroso catch can and a "matching" 2008 special edition "Will Cooksey" Z06 - #139 of 505.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:28 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:156
RandyW has a spectacular aura aboutRandyW has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlandor View Post
Two questions:

1) If they have not completed the manufacturing process to produce new hoses, then that means all the trucks being built up to now, including those coming off the line today, have the old hoses; so why is only a portion of the trucks having this issue?

2) I still don't understand why they can't just flush the OAT junk out of there and revert back to the 2012 coolant? Why new hoses?
I'm guessing we don't all have the same hoses. They either get their hoses from multiple manufacturers OR their manufacture used multiple types of ingredients (just a guess). I have a business where I mold my items from plastic. There are a lot of different types of solutions that I can use to make my products. Each one may have slightly different ingredients/chemicals/etc.

Whatever it is, I sure as hell hope it's fixed quickly. This smells like absolute dead rats ass.
2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab Big Horn (3.21 gears) - Black Ext. Black/Grey Int. Mods include: Weathertech Digital Floormats, Limo Tint + Windshield, 2.5" HBS Leveling Kit, Blacked out badges, LED bulbs Interior/Exterior, 13" Stubby AntennaX, In-Cab Air Filter Mod, 18" Ultra Baron Wheels & 275/70R18 Nitto Trail Grapplers.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Dodg Ram 1500 BigHorn
johnefire52 is on a distinguished road

I am from Ontario Canada and am suffering with the dodge ram coolant issues too.... Is it possible to get the copy of contacts for Dodge Canada. after many dealer visits and stop work notice on my truck no fixed solutions. Brandon 30-06 it would be greatly appreciated to receive such contacts so I can send my 2 cents, professionally of course ty