DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: True Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1056
LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock III View Post
Oh man...don't get me started on the cable company...

I'll try to make this short (IMPOSSIBLE).

I moved to my new house in 2010. Called the cable company and asked when It could be installed. They tell me on the 14th. I take the day off and call them around 2:00 pm. Guys on his way. At 8:00 pm I give up.

Two weeks later I get a call at work that the cable guy is at my house and no ones there. No shit.

I schedule a new date and take another day off work. I tell the guy I want TV and internet, no phone. He tells me the triple play is cheaper. I say I don't care just internet and phone. He tells me it'll be $117.00 per month for just the two. Fine I say that's what I want.

I get the install receipt and it says internet and TV only.

A month goes by and I come home and the cable and internet is off. I call them and ask why is the service off? they tell me because I didn't pay the bill. I tell them I never got a bill and I just go ahead and pay the woman on the phone.

A month later I come home...everything is off. I call them and ask why? They say because I didn't pay the bill. Again I tell them I never got a bill.

They check the billing and say it's getting billed and mailed to me at my home address.

A month later same old same old. Now I'm getting aggravated. I write the guys name down have him turn it back on, make a payment, get his extension and office location.

A month later...Gaaaaah! Now I'm really getting angry...

10 months go by. I've been to the office 3 times to straighten it out. Have a list of names and locations. The clincher? I have a stack of bills that the previous owner was getting in the mail and he mailed them to me. His name and his address.

I take them to the cable company...show them to them. They say it isn't possible when I'm standing there with 10 unopened bills and the list of names that claim to have straightened it out.

Next month...I come home and the service is off. Now I'm getting ready to go ballistic. I get a letter in the mail and open it. My name, previous owner's address.

Back to the office I go. They say I'm getting the bill at my house and have been for over a year, I should just pay my bill.

So I pull out the old bills, and the new ones with my name and the old owner's address. Again they refuse to admit fault when I'm standing there with the bills, names, contact info for over the past year.

They say it's straightened out.

Come home a month later and the cable is off.

Now I am beside myself and wondering what the hell I can do to get this straight. I call the automated number and just pay the damn bill.

Nothing. No cable, no internet.

I call them the next day.

They tell me that the triple play offer is over and I now have to pay them something like $159.00.

I tell them I DO NOT have the triple play and never did. If I did what is the phone number and how many times has it been used. They tell me just because I CHOSE not to use the phone, that doesn't matter the introductory period is over and I owe them $42.00 for the previous bill and $159.00 to have it turned back on.

I ask the lady...how much is the triple play. She says $84.00. So I ask her...how much did I pay the month before it expired. She say's $117.00.

Then I ask her how much I paid for the previous 11 months. She says $117.00. So I ask her why was I paying $117.00 for an $84.00 introductory offer???

She says she doesn't know. I ask her...okay then if I only had internet and tv how much would it have cost me. She says $117.00.

I ask her to tell me how many times my service has been shut off in the last 16 months. She says 16. Because I didn't pay my bill.

Finally I just got fed up with them and told them to come and get their equipment. The rep comes to the house and I show him all the names, contacts, mis-mailed and addressed bills.

I open the front door, step on the dangling cords and the items crash to the front porch. He gives me a receipt for the cable box and router.

Two months later a collection company calls me and tells me I owe them $600.00 for the cable box, the router, and the balance left on the service that I didn't pay. But they will remove the cost of the cable box and router if I turn them in to the nearest office.

That was the quick version.
Best story...ever. I would have killed someone. Lol.