DODGE RAM FORUM banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arth Mod Thread V2

8K views 51 replies 23 participants last post by  Chunkem 
#1 ·
Yes yes yes... Things happened then more things happened and it led to this.

To sum up the story short simple and sweet I got rid of the orange truck in favor of something else thinking I would be out of a Ram for a good while. Then life happened and I found myself in a position to get back into a Ram. Needless to say here we are...

After a 1400 mile drive and a quick wash here is the truck I will be working on for now..

As most of you know I am not big into the huge lift or lowing mods but rather just a few things here and there. I do like chrome but only if it is tasteful.

Some of these mods will be a repeat but who cares.. make it my own right?!

Planned Mods:

2013 Headlights
2013 Tail lights
2013 Laramie Longhorn wheels
Projector fog lights
Painted Vent Visors
Painted Antenna Base
Remove B-Pillar tape
Mopar Chrome bug deflector
Husky Mud Flaps
Plasmaglow LED Tail gate bar
Plasmaglow LED mud flap lights
Exhaust(?)
Tuner(?)

I am sure more will come later... already got a few mods on and going.. pics later today!

See less See more
#2 ·
Anddddd.. Here we go again :LOL:.. Let's see if you can make another truck with chrome that I like, just like the last one.

But in all seriousness, I am excited to see what you do with this Ram after knowing what you did to the 09, and the excellent condiition it was all in. How are you liking the Rambox's so far?

#3 ·
The question mak on the Exhaust &Tuner, is there because you're not sure if you're going to change them or you're not sure which one you're going to go with?

#4 ·
The question is actually in regards to if I will be doing it or not. I will be getting a trinity no matter what but if I do but the exhaust...

Maybe headers? Maybe a cat back instead of just a muffler this time?

Gotta get more important stuff that isn't to expensive... Catch can. Headlights...well...I like to see at night.

#5 ·
A few small updates.

I basically just did my usual to the truck...

Yes the pictures are at night... was headed back from work.

First I did my usual chrome pieces... I went with the 2013/14 Chrome side molding. It is a bit thinner and longer. Also I added 1500 below Ram.

Next I removed the B-Pillar tape and added painted vent visors. Still working on getting the adhesive off of the doors from the old stick on visors...

While getting paint on the visors I also had them paint my AM/FM antenna base. It was faded so a little paint did wonders.

Finally the lights... I got some of my usual added to the rear of the truck..

I also added the projector fogs back that didn't sell. Can't tell in this picture but the difference between the factory Low's and the projector fogs isn't even funny.

Also I added weathertech floor liners, husky mud flaps, and my CB radio.

#8 ·
Had some exhaust work done to the Ram.

My main goal here was to get the cross over pipe moved so I could put the Mag-Hytech transmission pan for the 2500/3500 trucks on my 1500.
In that effort I also got the factory Y-Pipe removed and replaced it with the Magnaflow Y-pipe.

I personally have noticed a small exhaust note change but no performance gains...not that I was really expecting any with such a small change.

I also added back the Bully's Performance 87MM TB.

Looking at adding the S&B Intake here soon since it maintains the factory location and looks pretty good.

Pictures..

Driver side Cat over frame rail:

Passenger side cat over frame rail:

The new y-pipe location:

It worked out pretty well. Left me more than enough room and distance from the transfer case so I can get in there and change the fluid out.

#14 ·
Very easy to remove just gotta grab that chrome ring that has three little cuts in it with a pair of vice grips and turn slowly. Didn't take much at all.

I actually had it painted along with my vent visors from a local paint shop... they help me out.

As if people haven't seen this before out my of trucks here we go again!

#16 ·
That truck is really sweet.

#18 ·
Just another small update.

Got the exhaust setup I wanted done.

In addition to the Y-Pipe I picked up the flowmaster 40 delta flow muffler and the magnaflow cat-back system. I sold the 22" muffler that comes with the kit because it was to quiet.

I am waiting for better weather to get some more pictures of the exhaust work but it required a lot of welding to make this happen.

The result:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZjlT9jV4g0

#19 ·
Nice set up on the exhaust and a awesome looking truck over all

#25 ·
Few Questions

Love the work you've done to the truck, I have a few questions though. First, when putting on the LED tailgate bar, did you splice it into the wiring or get an adapter? I like the look but don't want to see the wires and/or lose my factory trailer wiring. Also did it block the access to the spare tire access hole? Finally I have the factory projector headlights, but would like to add the fogs. Where did you get yours? Where did you find your HID kit? I REALLY wish it had HIDs. The last truck I added aftermarket HIDs to caused a lot of interference (Static) with the radio...have you noticed any of that? Sorry for so many questions, but you have a lot of the same Mods I am after. Also Love the exhaust, I was thinking of getting the Mopar kit for mine.

#26 ·
Shot you a PM.

In other news...

The truck is looking more like a 13 again.

Got the 13 badges on and I have a set of 13 Laramie tail lights that will be in Monday. Hope to have those installed that night.

#30 ·
Slowly getting the truck right again.

Got the Mopar chrome bug deflector added and the 13 Laramie tails.

In the works:

LED 3rd Brake
Longtube headers
Rear diff cover
New Transmission Pan
13 Laramie Longhorn wheels (Again)

Just minor things really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.