DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Warranty Issues

Notices

Dodge Ram Warranty Issues Discuss your Dodge Ram Warranty in this forum.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-10-2013, 03:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 ram
Trim Level: Big Horn 4X4
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:29
markjr is on a distinguished road

They have to honor the contract, It might get changed now, but what was, still is. They wrote it, sold it. Can't just change it.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:17 PM

Vehicle: 2012 R/T, 2000 Ram Off Road
Trim Level: R/T / Larmie
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:73
frickenbored will become famous soon enough

The 5 year inspection is only for 2008 and some 2009 vehicles that had the lifetime powertrain warranty. The lifetime warranty is only valid for the original purchaser of the vehicle. Every 5 years you have to get your vehicle inspected and have any powertrain issues fixed. The thing is...most problems are under warranty and are fixed for free. But if you have something like leaking transmission cooler lines (which are not covered) you have to fix them or else your warranty will be declined. The inspection is to save Chrysler money from people who don't take care of their cars and then expect to have all their issues fixed for free.

Also if the cost of the repair exceeds the value of the vehicle you get nothing. So really the warranty is good for maybe 200000 miles. Lifetime Max care is the only way to go.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that some members in here are confused about warranties

there are 2 types of warranties
1) is the FACTORY WARRANTY, this warranty comes as part of the price of the vehicle, it is usually a 3 year/ 36000 mile FACTORY warranty
on some particular year models, like 2008 & 2009, the FACTORY Lifetime Drivetrain Warranty was added as an incentive to buy

2) is the Extended Warranty, this is an added warranty that is sold by Chrysler/MOPAR
it kicks in at the end of the Factory Warranty

You may not even realize when the original factory warranty ends & your extended warranty starts, because the sales people & the person in the Finance Dept. usually beat around the bush when you ask them a direct question about it, either because they don't know or don't want you to know

With my first business dealings with the Finance Dept, i was told my warranty was a 7 year/ x amount of miles. I later found out that he was talking about Warranties that were inclusive, both Factory & Extended Warranties.
I just happen to hear a Service Writer telling a friend of his that he had to buy an extended warranty before the vehicle he owned reached either 3 years or 36,000 miles

I rushed over to the Finance Office & asked him right out if it was true, by the end of our discussion, he finally admitted that it was true, but then he also said that i didn't need to worry about that, UNLESS i wanted to get a Longer Extended Warranty
I don't think that i would have ever been told about that part, until it was too late
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 12-15-2013, 11:31 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemiram08 View Post
Still waiting on a reply from Chrysler about my motor, no details except they wanted the dealer to do a oil consumption test which they can't. Also the dealer is trying to get out of the situation by saying they never checked the oil, but its on the receipt that they did.
So what is their excuse for not covering it, if it shows on their receipt that they did, and you haven't driven excessive miles??
Old 12-20-2013, 03:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Sport Package
Color: The '09 blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
hemiram08 is on a distinguished road

Well as far as Chrysler was concerned they still were not covering the truck due to not enough service evidence, (they didn't care that the dealer said the the oil was fine, and the truck checked out). However the motor has been taken with other means.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
nineballnoob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemiram08 View Post
Well as far as Chrysler was concerned they still were not covering the truck due to not enough service evidence, (they didn't care that the dealer said the the oil was fine, and the truck checked out). However the motor has been taken with other means.

Sounds like a mess. I guess I am lucky, my service manager is a really down to earth guy. I do all routine maintenaince myself, don't have too many receipts but its very obvious the truck is maintained. Had about 4 claims now, no issues ever. Maybe try another dealer? Goodluck.

Mines an 07 with the lifetime powertrain and my 5 year was done just as the 60 day period kicked in.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: Ram 1500 2008
Trim Level: STX 4X4
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
sweeney is on a distinguished road
Default Question

No. I had my 08 done last year. Not a problem.