DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-24-2013, 08:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Red
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:258
Bigred74 is a jewel in the roughBigred74 is a jewel in the roughBigred74 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
Speaking purely as a consumer: If you can find a coupon code or the sorts that work with S&B Filters' products, then jump on it! Although, they are like dinosaur droppings; and most certainly applied without the manufacturer's permission or knowing. Not the best of moves should you try make a warranty claim.......

Why jump on it, at your own risk? Because they, S&B Filters do not EVER offer any type of discount or code themselves, or hand it out to their vendors. They're products, along with some others brand names in the industry, are almost always exempt for discounts.

A HUGE online vendor recently paid the ultimate penalty.

Why aren't certain products discounted? Because, among other reasons, it cheapens a quality product and levels the playing field in the realm of things. On top of that, they are more often than not, very appropriately priced considering all things.

You know how you get those Dick's Sporting Goods coupons in the mail that always exclude certain brand names like Under Armor from applying it to the discount? Same thing.

Anyway, audio1der said it the best above. You can never go wrong by dealing with the manufacturer directly. Their CS is, indeed, great.
i got mine discounted and when i couldnt get it installed cause of the s-bolt i called them up and all they asked was where i bought it and i told them and then they asked for my address and said i would have a new install kit in a few days! great CS!! but i may have been able to get a discount since i have a older truck so they might have just been willing to discount it to get rid of some if they had too many... oh well either way i got a great product for a great price! thanks for steering me towards them Grub!

*Bedliner paint job, leveling kit, 3'' body lift, 17'' eagle alloy rims series 197, 315/70/17 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T tires, S&B cold air intake, 52mm ported and bored throttle body, Superchips 3865 programmer