Well, Walter the van needed an engine overhaul. He was leaking oil from all over. I went in and just rebuilt the engine with the exception of the short block. I installed a cloyes double roller timing set and advanced the cam 2 degrees, so I have a slight increase in compression thus higher CO2 which means less O2 to the sensor = more MPG.
I got an enginetech seal kit, very nice set. Graphite head gaskets with stainless steel fire rings. Etc... Installed new tensioner, drive belt, O2 sensor, ECT sensor... All new seals. I went in and rebuilt the lifters. The lifters were all seized internally, but I got them rebuilt. OH, I had to replace the passenger side exhaust manifold, because the EGR valve bolts snapped inside the manifold and so did my bolt extractor.
I used anti-seize on all the exhaust bolts and replaced the stock hardware with all stainless steel.
I removed the catalytic converter and installed a thrush turbo muffler, sounds nice, but does quiet down at cruise.
After assembling, I went to fire it up and eventually got it to start, then I set the fuel sync with my MT2500.
After a couple hundred miles on the engine I put Mopar Combustion Chamber cleaner in to burn out that carbon in chambers.
I also flushed the cooling system a few times over the course of days, and I eventually did put new coolant and distilled water in...
Now, I just need to rebuild the front end steering and suspension, do the rear brake disc upgrade conversion kit, replace the brake master cylinder.
I also installed a maradyne dual electric fan 7 months ago.
Here are photos of the engine work.
Cloyes Timing Chain Installed: http://tinypic.com/r/11w4hl4/5
Timing Chain Case Cleaned and Installed: http://tinypic.com/r/wwao9s/5
New Viton Valve Stem Seals Installed on freshly cleaned and lapped heads: http://tinypic.com/r/t9k67l/5
Rebuild Head Deck Side: http://tinypic.com/r/5kk0fa/5
Cleaned and installed plenum pan: http://tinypic.com/r/zlwv9l/5
Cleaned push rods and plenum pan: http://tinypic.com/r/24flm44/5
Rebuilt lifters: http://tinypic.com/r/k3swmx/5
Cleaned and rebuilt intake manifold with some new sensors and new injector seals etc: http://tinypic.com/r/28w2gpy/5
Heads installed: http://tinypic.com/r/2hceyyb/5
Manifolds installed: http://tinypic.com/r/14ukhfq/5
New O2 sensor: http://tinypic.com/r/jtow93/5
My small tool box: http://tinypic.com/r/4faxu/5