DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-17-2013, 01:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

I like to think that I am learned individual, who can appreciate a myriad of differences between people and cultures, and society in general.

I often read or hear things that stick in the back of my brain, and hope that at the right time these memories will come flooding back.

Music is also another interest I have, though I can't play an instrument to save my soul, but I do appreciate the art of playing it, singing it and more importantly writing it.

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young are just that said group of individuals whom appreciation and respect I have plenty for.

"Teach Your Children" is one of those songs that brings meaning to mind of this threads topic.

The words can fit several different social settings in life, and each of us will take a different meaning from the lyrics.

The ones that I cling to are "Teach your children well", and "Teach your parents well".....

Bullying to me is just that.

To either start the bullying or stop the bullying is because we have "Taught our children well".

Children can "teach their parents well" by stopping it, and showing them that what they are doing is wrong.

Bullying is not a "gay" thing, its an any person, any day thing, and MUST BE STOPPED!

A beautiful young 17 year old Canadian girl named Rehtaeh Parsons committed suicide from the constant cyber bullying of local kids, and it had nothing to do with "being different" or being "gay", it had to do with an alleged rape and the fact that boys had sent electronic images of her in the act.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Rehtaeh_Parsons

And then there is the tragic story of Amanda Todd, another young Canadian girl caught up in the electronic age.

A topless photo of her circulated the net, and the bullying that ensued is just beyond comprehension!

Have a look at this link, and tell me that this just doesn't rip your guts out!

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/coquitlam-girl-...llied-1.991914

It's sad, just quite sad, and we must do something about this!

Your son or daughter, niece or nephew, brother or sister could be next.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:27 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:525
Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light

I wont qoute it because its long but this ^^^^^^^@RedSmart^^^^^^^

EDIT: Ahh just kidding. I need to spread around some rep first. But just wait! itll come back to yah!!
plasti-dipped hood stripe, rims, mirrors,handles, emblems,
Green Interior LEDs
Old 12-27-2013, 12:27 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Hemi Regular Cab
Trim Level: ST
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:277
GrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for posting this......I'm a Health and P.E. Teacher here in NJ, and coordinate Anti Bullying workshops and assemblies at my school, along with the Guidance Department. This is a serious issue in our schools throughout the U.S., and most likely in Canada as well. The most important thing a child can do if they are a victim of bullying is tell an adult right away. All adults should take reports of bullying seriously, and attempt to resolve the situation quickly. Schools should(and most likely do)have a zero tolerance policy on bullying, with serious consequences enforced on all perpetrators. Bullying incidences have drastically decreased at my school as a result of the programs that have been put in place by the Administration and the diligence of the staff to enforce rules and report any situations that involve physical or verbal bullying.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:35 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:525
Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light

and thats how it should be. You bully? get punished for it. period. But my old school, and others never seemed to understand that. Instead of punishing the bully, its almost like they would reprimand the child that got bullied instead of the bully for "being in the position"to get bullied. Like no?
plasti-dipped hood stripe, rims, mirrors,handles, emblems,
Green Interior LEDs
Old 12-27-2013, 12:03 PM

GrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the rough

Yes...that is very true. Most people don't realize that a victim is a victim, because they refuse or are afraid to be assertive and stand up to the perpetrators. Bullies can "Sense out" a victim.....usually a quiet, reserved person, who keeps to themselves, with few friends if any. There has to be a new mind set to this problem.....help the victim.....if not, there will be more school violence in the future.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:49 AM

Vehicle: 2007 1500 Mega Cab 4X4 3.73
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:185
namretsud has a spectacular aura aboutnamretsud has a spectacular aura about

Just punishing and suspending a bully is not the total answer. To get a bully to understand the consequences and repercussions is also a part of the equation. They need to be taught at all levels what is happening. This has to be done at home, in the schools and at the work place. It is fairly rampid all over.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:01 PM

Wow.....great posts on this issue......I have been on many sides of this issue.....bullied as a kid.......parent of a victim.....and as I have posted, a Teacher who councils and teaches about Bullying Prevention to middle school students. Many of you have great points, and I hear your frustrations about "todays bullying". We all know this problem isn't new.....it's been around for decades....but only over the last 10-15 years has it been put in the spotlight as a social and mental issue.....not only with the children, but with adults as well. RARELY does bullying occur one on one.....bullies work 2 ways.....with an audience or behind a computer......the victim?..... Worried that if they say something, the situation will worsen, so they keep it to themselves, which usually leads to isolation and depression.....and in some cases, suicide with violent consequences. A bully, believe it or not, usually has self confidence problems of their own, and they use the "tough" act to cover up their own mental/emotional issues. These problems (bully or victim) last well into adulthood, which affect their own lives plus their families. If it were easy for the victims to get "tough" and take care of the bullies themselves......there wouldn't be any reason for this discussion. It's a different world today.......people need help.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Laramie
Trim Level: Longhorn Crew Cab
Color: White/Gold
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:487
Silvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of light

Issues associated with bullying usually begin at home.

*** US Army Retired - 11B40 - 1964/'85 ***