DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram 2500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: flame red
Rep:471
Kcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of light

ive had both, and currently have the f1. I'm not convinced yet that it was worth the extra money. The only difference will be how it holds up to hail and other objects. my g2 dented pretty easily, but now that i have the f1 i dont really see it being much better. only time will tell.

My f1 is noticably heavier, but its also for the 6'4 bed and my g2 was on the 5'7. If they were both the same length i doubt there would be much difference in weight.

6" BDS lift kit, BMF R.E.P.R, 37" toyo MT, recon cab lights, color matched interior trim, tinted tails, custom headlights, cjc off-road light bar, backrack, afe stage 2 CAI
sponsored by BULLY'S PERFORMANCE
Old 10-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7L
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:34
woopderson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarr View Post
Thanks everyone for all the info and opinions. I'll make sure to update you on what I decide to go with. I think I'm going to get my bedliner sprayed in first, then get the cover. Would you guys recommend having them not spray over the drain plugs in the bed or just drill it out once it's sprayed?
My drain plugs were sprayed over when I had mine done. There are hooks in the bed right next to the drain plugs that drain out. That is where I have my tubes running. But that's because I'm too lazy to cut out the drain plugs!

@RedSmart:
Thanks, will pick some up
Old 10-18-2013, 12:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 RC/SB
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:398
Butter is just really niceButter is just really niceButter is just really niceButter is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSmart View Post
Is your cover mounted too far forward? I have had mine on all summer long and have taken it down some very dusty roads, and I haven't found there to be an issue with dust in the bed at all?
It's mounted correctly, not a drop of water in the box it even stays dry during a power wash. The tailgate seal I'm referring to seals the sides and bottom of the tailgate to the box, thats where mine was sucking dust in.
2010 Ram 1500 reg cab swb 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, 3:92 gears, Flowmaster 40 true duals, 2.5 leveling kit, Bridgestone Dueler 275/55/20 on KMC Skitch Wheels, DeeZee steps, BakFlip G2 tonneau cover, Weathertech Digital fit floor mats
Old 11-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Rep:10
ccarr is on a distinguished road

Well I decided to go with the G2 just due to the fact it was over $100 cheaper and it wasn't worth the price difference for me to buy the F1. It was delivered last night, now I just have to wait for this snow to clear up so that I can install it. I'll make sure to update once I have it on and let you all know what I think.

Thanks for everyone's help in making the decision
Old 12-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
ccarr is on a distinguished road

Well I got it all installed and I love it! Install was super easy, I did it in 15 minutes in freezing weather. It all fits great and seems to seal pretty well. The only thing I had a question on was it came with a long strip (about 4-5 feet) of what looks to be a seal but didn't mention anything about it in the instructions. Has anyone seen this or know what it's for? Here are a couple pics of the cover:

I just got back from a 1000 mile trip, so it was nice to have the added storage and protection that this cover provides. It seems very sturdy and looks like it will hold up for a long time. Overall, I'm very pleased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
I don't know what it weights but I remove or install my G2 in a couple of minutes with no help. The aluminum on the G2 is very thin and I find it hard to imagine that it's heavier. On the flip side it did get dented pretty easy by hail and it's a PITA to keep the surface clean. After 3 years it still looks pretty good and still keeps everything dry. If you have the extra cash I would suggest the F1 but If not I think you will be satisfied with the G2. Regardless of witch one you get buy a tailgate seal to keep the dust out because it builds up fast!
What tailgate seal did you use? I noticed that mine also sucked in a lot of dust around the tailgate.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:32 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray
rdm1465 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarr View Post
Well I got it all installed and I love it! Install was super easy, I did it in 15 minutes in freezing weather. It all fits great and seems to seal pretty well. The only thing I had a question on was it came with a long strip (about 4-5 feet) of what looks to be a seal but didn't mention anything about it in the instructions. Has anyone seen this or know what it's for? Here are a couple pics of the cover:

I just got back from a 1000 mile trip, so it was nice to have the added storage and protection that this cover provides. It seems very sturdy and looks like it will hold up for a long time. Overall, I'm very pleased

What tailgate seal did you use? I noticed that mine also sucked in a lot of dust around the tailgate.
Maybe, the weather strip that you got with the kit is used for an acting barrier between the top and contact area of the truck and rear window?
As far as the tailgate seal goes, I personally believe that you can just go to any hardware store and pick up 1 to 2 in. wide weather strip and apply it to the bed side of the tailgate area. Just a thought.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:00 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram quad
Color: gray
Rep:321
bartlett is a jewel in the roughbartlett is a jewel in the roughbartlett is a jewel in the roughbartlett is a jewel in the rough

Im betting that seal is the one that goes across the front of the bed to seal the cover to the truck ...

If you haggle with the bak company you can get the f1 cheaper than the g2

I just got my f1 for $669 to my door....
Old 12-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Rep:2549
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

Cool beans, looks nice and you really cannot go wrong either way and the G2, should serve you well.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:04 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Bighorn
Color: True Blue
Rep:17
PJRNM is on a distinguished road

Kinda late adding to the thread......I have the F1 and love it. I spent the extra cash because the sales literature stated the F1 would hold up to hail better. I have not had the opportunity to test that claim however.....