DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram – 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical


Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-13-2013, 09:04 AM
09HemiCrew 09HemiCrew is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MN
Age: 31
Posts: 99
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 3
Rep:75
09HemiCrew will become famous soon enough
Default ABS Issue

It was about -15°F the other day and I went out and hopped in my truck to leave work (mind you I was planning to go get a trade value for my truck…) and as I took off my rear wheel spun a little kicking the traction control on. At that moment, all the lights for: brake, abs, ESP, BAS, traction control lit up on my dash. OK, not a big deal, I will go read the code, it is probably just a speed sensor or something. The only ABS code I got was a C2200, which is basically a general code for the ABS module failure. There is a TSB that says there is a condition where this could occur and cause the lights to all come on with the C2200 code. The TSB says the ABS module must be flashed. I haven’t found any record of anyone actually getting this done.

Has anyone actually had this happen and had the dealer flash the module with success? I am likely going to take it in on Monday, but wanted to throw this out there. I am far out of warranty, so I am just trying to get a feel for how bad I am going to get bent over. The timing was impeccable…I was going to go get a trade value on a new Ecoboost….maybe the Ram gods are trying to tell me something?
__________________
2009 Crew Cab 4x4 Laramie - 4.56 gears, Detroit Truetrac, Diablosport Trinity
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2  
Old 12-15-2013, 07:04 AM
RogerRamJet's Avatar
RogerRamJet RogerRamJet is offline
God Bless Texas!




 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mansfield, TX
Age: 49
Posts: 9,301
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep Power: 11
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09HemiCrew View Post
It was about -15°F the other day and I went out and hopped in my truck to leave work (mind you I was planning to go get a trade value for my truck…) and as I took off my rear wheel spun a little kicking the traction control on. At that moment, all the lights for: brake, abs, ESP, BAS, traction control lit up on my dash. OK, not a big deal, I will go read the code, it is probably just a speed sensor or something. The only ABS code I got was a C2200, which is basically a general code for the ABS module failure. There is a TSB that says there is a condition where this could occur and cause the lights to all come on with the C2200 code. The TSB says the ABS module must be flashed. I haven’t found any record of anyone actually getting this done.

Has anyone actually had this happen and had the dealer flash the module with success? I am likely going to take it in on Monday, but wanted to throw this out there. I am far out of warranty, so I am just trying to get a feel for how bad I am going to get bent over. The timing was impeccable…I was going to go get a trade value on a new Ecoboost….maybe the Ram gods are trying to tell me something?
Take the hint, Dood! If the computer doesn't sense anything on start up, the light should go out on it's own after 4 or 5 starting cycles.
__________________
Life is hard... It's harder if you're stupid!
Today is a good day to be a RAM owner!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-15-2013, 08:29 AM
09HemiCrew 09HemiCrew is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MN
Age: 31
Posts: 99
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 3
Rep:75
09HemiCrew will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRamJet View Post
Take the hint, Dood! If the computer doesn't sense anything on start up, the light should go out on it's own after 4 or 5 starting cycles.
Haha. Hint taken. More of a vent as I hate taking my vehicles in. I can usually fix things on my own, but I've checked everything I can on this. Need the Chrysler scanner, I'm afraid.
__________________
2009 Crew Cab 4x4 Laramie - 4.56 gears, Detroit Truetrac, Diablosport Trinity
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-17-2013, 03:10 AM
RogerRamJet's Avatar
RogerRamJet RogerRamJet is offline
God Bless Texas!




 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mansfield, TX
Age: 49
Posts: 9,301
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep Power: 11
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Excellent! Let us know how it turns out.
__________________
Life is hard... It's harder if you're stupid!
Today is a good day to be a RAM owner!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-11-2014, 09:35 AM
king0145 king0145 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: WV
Posts: 3
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2009 Ram TRX4
Trim Level: TRX4
Color: Yellow
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
king0145 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09HemiCrew View Post
It was about -15°F the other day and I went out and hopped in my truck to leave work (mind you I was planning to go get a trade value for my truck…) and as I took off my rear wheel spun a little kicking the traction control on. At that moment, all the lights for: brake, abs, ESP, BAS, traction control lit up on my dash. OK, not a big deal, I will go read the code, it is probably just a speed sensor or something. The only ABS code I got was a C2200, which is basically a general code for the ABS module failure. There is a TSB that says there is a condition where this could occur and cause the lights to all come on with the C2200 code. The TSB says the ABS module must be flashed. I haven’t found any record of anyone actually getting this done.

Has anyone actually had this happen and had the dealer flash the module with success? I am likely going to take it in on Monday, but wanted to throw this out there. I am far out of warranty, so I am just trying to get a feel for how bad I am going to get bent over. The timing was impeccable…I was going to go get a trade value on a new Ecoboost….maybe the Ram gods are trying to tell me something?
I have the same issue with my 09. When it snowed last week I was out and spun which kicked the traction control on then the dash lit up. I hooked my scanner up to it and retrieved the C2200 code. Please let us know if you find out there's another fix besides replacing the abs module. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-11-2014, 10:37 AM
09HemiCrew 09HemiCrew is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MN
Age: 31
Posts: 99
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 3
Rep:75
09HemiCrew will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by king0145 View Post
I have the same issue with my 09. When it snowed last week I was out and spun which kicked the traction control on then the dash lit up. I hooked my scanner up to it and retrieved the C2200 code. Please let us know if you find out there's another fix besides replacing the abs module. Thanks
The way I read the TSB's, they could have updated the ABS module to fix the problem BEFORE it occurs. If the lights are all on with the C2200 code, the module is shot. I bought one on eBay (new) and had my dealer program it after I installed it. They charged $99, but beats paying them way too much for the part plus labor for the 5 minutes it takes to install.
__________________
2009 Crew Cab 4x4 Laramie - 4.56 gears, Detroit Truetrac, Diablosport Trinity
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-04-2014, 02:16 PM
king0145 king0145 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: WV
Posts: 3
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2009 Ram TRX4
Trim Level: TRX4
Color: Yellow
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
king0145 is on a distinguished road
Default

I had the ABS module replaced last week which fixed my problem
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:28 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum