Hi all. I just registered yesterday to see if I can get some tire info. I've been everywhere, and got the basic same answers here, and around other towns, so here goes. First things first: My truck is a 2010 1500 4X4 ST with stock 17" x 7" Argent wheels and I have put a 2" leveling kit up front. What I want to do is put taller tires on the stock rim, without adding too much in width. So far, the largest I can find that will fit the rim is 285/75/17 Nitto Terra Grappler. The diameter is 33.8" which only raises the truck 1" over the stock 265/70/17 tires. I would really like to raise it 2" which means finding a 35" tire to fit the rim. Any ideas??
Now some specific questions which nobody has been able to answer. It's been too wet and snowy to crawl around for measurements, which is why I'm posting these for now. Just looking to see if the leg work has been done.
1. If I did change rims (which I won't) how wide can the tire be before rubbing is an issue with the current set up?
2. Does anyone know of any other tires in the size of the Nitto? I haven't found any yet for a comparison.
3. Will a larger tire fit the spare tire area under the bed?
4. I know the larger size will affect the speedo, but will affect the traction control, or ASB?
5. I'd also like to paint the rims black, but would need a second set to prep up while I'm still driving on these. Are there any out there for a reasonable price?
Well, I guess that's about it. Thanks for looking and listening.