DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases

Notices

Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases News regarding the Dodge Ram and other industry info. Post it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 RAM
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
swisman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrex View Post
Makes as much sense as shutting down 1,000 Chrysler dealers because they didn't contribute to Obama. Gee, I don't know, Fiat is such a well known name (Fix It Again Tony) compared to Dodge. Either I'm living in Bizzarre O World or I'm getting senile. Hire that hot Italian girl to sell Dodges and keep Fiat where it belongs, in Europe, or american junkyards.
Well said! From personal experience driving fiat junk boxes while stationed overseas. I laugh when I see those "trendy" idiots climb out of their junkbox feeling all cool.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:190
Lazarus Truck has a spectacular aura aboutLazarus Truck has a spectacular aura about

Dodge is positioned to be the performance division of Chrysler. The DODGE Viper, Charger, Challenger. Yes, the product lineup is kinda small right now, but the plan is to expand it. Not crazy about Fiat gaining control, but this could open the gates to more product development that is desperately needed.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:17 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

or it could stop the cash flow into dodge and let it die.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Color: Black
Rep:10
Hemi All Day is on a distinguished road

If this was to happen I would definetly cry. I'm already mad as it is that Fiat bought Chrysler... Now this?! Really?
Billet Catch Can, BakFlip G2, 17" XD Rockstar 2, 295/70R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers, Recon Smoked 3rd Brake Light, Retro Shop Low Beam 6000k HID kit, Retro Shop Fog Light 6000k HID Kit, Front tint: 15%, Rear tint: Double Limo.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:15 AM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 R/T
Trim Level: R/T Sport
Color: Silver
Rep:27
Ramajama is on a distinguished road

Fiat can't turn a profit overseas. The burdens of taxes, regulations and unions along with a weak economy is not faring well for them. They NEED Chrysler to be profitable. Why do you guys think they bucked the governments push to build little crap economy cars? Instead they concentrated almost all their efforts into drastically improving the vehicles Americans love...SUVs and Trucks....while still doing enough to bolster the rest of their line. Then they took an existing platform, tweaked it and inserted it into Dodge as a sporty small car, Dart, great and easy move. Trucks and SUVs are where the sales and the higher margins are. This is what has made them profitable. They understand that and will continue this path for as long as they can.
Unfortunately, unless something drastically improves in Italy and the EU...which probably won't before it all collapses, not to mention we are not out of the woods in the US... Fiat will bleed out the Chrysler profits and will probably sell them off at some point. Chrysler was safer when Fiat only had majority ownership. Fiat did what they had to do to make this deal work.
Never mind the $1.3 billion reaming we took as tax payers. Time will tell how it plays out for Chrysler and it's brands.

Last edited by Ramajama; 01-15-2014 at 12:36 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:30 AM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 R/T
Trim Level: R/T Sport
Color: Silver
Rep:27
Ramajama is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
That chart is interesting. Looks like their projected B-SUV came out as planned as the Jeep Cherokee.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:27 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Jeep Wrangler
Trim Level: Sahara
Color: Steel Blue
Rep:106
spp will become famous soon enoughspp will become famous soon enough

Cherokee is actually the C-Segment SUV (replacing Liberty). B-Suv is due out later this year, no name yet but Jeepster was floated and shot down. Not sure if the B-Suv is replacing Patriot, Compass, or a new segment.

Personal opinion/comments (as always):

Can't comment much on future plans but I think they are going to be awesome. You can't turn two companies around on a dime without spending billions neither house has. You have to take it slow if you don't want (or can't) spend that amount of money. It takes time and so far the plan seems to be working.

Finally, I don't think either side is going to bleed the other half dry. With the previous "merger", Daimler could and still does survive world wide on its own. It didn't need us (but it did really like the hoard of cash that ChryCo had back then...). Markets are cyclical and Fiat can't survive alone here in the US and we can't survive alone in Europe. With a world wide presence, the burden and benefits can be shared. Remember, Fiat was making money hand over fist back in 2008 when Chrysler was bought.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:07 PM

Vehicle: 13 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: True blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
noclass is on a distinguished road

I think this would be like gm killing off Chevrolet don't think it will happen
Old 02-17-2014, 03:10 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Crew Cab
Color: White
Rep:145
Racerdamon will become famous soon enoughRacerdamon will become famous soon enough

I don't see them getting rid of Ram or anything else. They own Case, New Holland, IH and have moved the stock to the NY exchange. They want to be a big part of North America and I can see them bringing the Iveco trucks over in the future.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: None
Trim Level: None
Color: None
BCaywood is on a distinguished road

I like that idea of killing off Chrysler rather than Dodge, except what would happen to the 300. I used to not care about it but ever since the redesign its been one of my favorite American cars on the road. I sincerely hope Fiat isn't going to be that bold, or at least i hope not. Maybe with any luck they're just trying to focus the brand, like GM should have done with Pontiac.