DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram – 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-14-2014, 12:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Color: Black Pearl
Rep:42
Zippo973 is on a distinguished road
Default added EVIC gauge cluster and steering wheel to my 2011 ST Ram

I was told this is the place to seek out for answers for this mod I am doing. I have added the EVIC cluster and leather steering wheel with EVIC buttons and can’t get the horn or the evic info buttons to work after doing the wiring mod and soldering all the wires. I spliced into the two upper evic wires and cut the 3 wires at the clock spring plug as in the pictures, the one question that I have is whether I was suppose to splice into the ground or cut at the plug and run a ground wire to metal, which is what I did. My rig is a 2011 ST and I haven't had the codes flashed yet, I wanted to completed the wiring work first. I was wondering if anyone who has done this mod and run into the same problems can remember how they completed it or found a workaround. Thanks for any help you can give me. zip
Sponsored links
Old 01-18-2014, 10:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 ST QC 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
Soldit is on a distinguished road

I went through all the trouble of doing the swap and when all was done nothing worked and my wipers stayed on all the time. I havent been able to figure it out but havent given up yet.

P.S. I have years of experience with eveythin from motor/tranny builds to wiring. So I know its not that I am a idiot lol.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:29 AM

More good news, now it seems my truck won’t start at all, it acts like it is not in PARK no click no nothing. Tried it in Neutral but get the same thing no click nothing. I tried tying in to lin bus in a different location but still didn’t work so I rewired it to the previous version, not back to original. I got lucky there also, the wire that goes into the plug I spliced into the lin bus on the EVIC broke and I had to go back in and solder it back together. That is when this latest perk showed up. everything works radio, windows door locks not the remote start though. Even swapped my old dash in and still nothing. Took the airbag off the steering wheel to check the connections there and they were good. I wonder if the truck will start with the airbag unplugged? Battery is fully charged and all the fuses so that’s not it. Keeps getting better and better. Any ideas? Paul
Old 01-30-2014, 09:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: ST
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
mastertech10 is on a distinguished road

Well with the no start, silly question is your battery connection tight? You will not beleive how many times I see this in the shop. Did you touch the main harness under the dash?
With relation to the steering wheel controls and evic maybe need to have the build config set up with the new sales codes installed
Old 01-30-2014, 09:40 PM

Close... when i checked the fuses I had put one in one space off and when i checked them the 2nd time i caught it and put it in correctly and truck started, but still no horn and no button joy. Wiring is correct checked and rechecked, took readings on the lower clockspring and current matchs the plug on the upper clock spring that hooks up the steering wheel. I wonder if an early 09 steering wheel is compatible with this swap. I took the heated leather wheel apart and checked all the wires and connections and they were good. Gonna take it into dealer for the pinion nut recall and they said they will flash codes for me so we will see.