DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-20-2014, 03:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 dodge power wagon
Trim Level: power wagon
Color: black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:68
mb power wagon will become famous soon enough

ok i gotta bring up a perfectly valid point here. can anyone tell us what vehicle made today is made up of entirely american made parts only and assembled in the united states? i believe in buying north american myself. but someone who screams "AMERICAN MADE!!" and buys a truck that was built in mexico??? the last i heard ram was a division of dodge, who is now owned by fiat. but previously chrysler was owned by mercedes. does that mean ram and dodge used to be german companies and are now italian? no it don't it means they are divisions of a larger corporation. they still operate here in north america and are still a north american brand. if you will only support companies that are based in america and use american made parts only. i'm sorry to tell ya but you'll be walking. most electronics in all vehicles come from aisa (japan or taiwan or korea or china or the phillipines) and if your going to back to ford your still not driving an american made truck. ford trucks are built in canada. and canadians are not americans. so good luck that. remember your ford truck is an import in the united states. and i know you said "you support american owned" (when you can) have you forgotten that the dealer you bought your truck from was owned by an american? how about the salesman you made the deal with to purchase that truck? or how about the techs at the shop where the work is done? just because the parent company is from a different country they the ones who ownt hat company and are employing people in your country and by default are supporting your countries economy by operating that company there. it's time to wake up. all of the worlds economies are linked in one way or another. sorry bout the rant but with my job (truck driver) i got a real good idea of how much stuff is imported into the united states and into canada and when people say "i only buy american made" or "i only support canadian companies" etc...etc.. the fact is nobody does that. if they did they wouldn't even be buying gas or diesel or most of the things they have in their homes. and some cases the products used to build their homes.

Last edited by mb power wagon; 01-20-2014 at 03:59 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 01-20-2014, 08:23 PM

Vehicle: 2015 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Granite
Rep:500
dodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of light

I agree with most people here. I don't care where it's built aslong as it's strong and reliable.. Like said everything is made all over the world so it dosent really much matter.. My only issue is that with fiat owning Chrysler 100% and being a little compacted car builder.. It just makes me think.. Will they really make the best choices when it comes to trucks??? There's a big difference between a 4 banger shit box economy car and a big V8 truck built for work and it seems like the past few years the hole truck industry is starting to fade in wish little 4 bangers.. With the V6 engines and the turbos and now little cute Diesel engines and 8 speed trannys... I'm just scared to see what the future holds
Old 01-21-2014, 09:21 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:190
Lazarus Truck has a spectacular aura aboutLazarus Truck has a spectacular aura about

Just an FYI here. For the last few years it was a Honda, or Toyota that ACTUALLY had the MOST U.S. made content. I work at Chrysler, and so far, the Italians are VERY different from the Germans. They don't look-down on us, and try not to mess with the things that work.
Nice post MB.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 1500
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3248
PaulMys has disabled reputation

JMO, but I think it would be suicide for Fiat to drastically change a back-to-back Truck Of the Year winner. Smart companies just don't do this sort of thing. That being said, My Mexico-built RCSB has had ZERO problems in just short of 2 years. So I echo others in this thread by saying "Mexican-built, American sold & American maintained."
Old 01-24-2014, 01:15 AM

Vehicle: 2007 dodge power wagon
Trim Level: power wagon
Color: black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:68
mb power wagon will become famous soon enough

i think alot of people forget that the parent company to ferrari used to be fiat. fiat knows big engines and big power. they also know how to build quality and style. there is a reason fiat has had so much success in europe.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:32 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 QC Cummins
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:10
05cummins is on a distinguished road

I thought Fiat still owned Ferrari? or am i wrong in this one.
One thing I don't agree with Fiat doing so far, is not using the cummins in the 1500 that cummins built for dodge. Just simply because when fiat sells off the ownership, and the new owners or dodge want to use that cummins engine, wont be able to because nissian owns the right to it. My father told me that Fiat is moving the jeep plants to eruope to make them cheaper over there. I told him they'd be stupid to move it over there, but to have an assembly plant would not be. They could benefit from not having to ship over full vehicles over seas. Has any one else heard anything on this?

And on a side note...ford trucks are no longer built/assembled in canada. I live in Oakville, which is were the ford truck plant use to be...it is now only for the edge and lincoln version of it. It used to the be windstar plant as well back when that was still around, they did the flex's there as well.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:12 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

i thought i read a new jeep plant was opening in europe and the one in addition to the ohio plant.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:30 PM
The Sound of Eight Hooves

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:519
Thunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of light

They may be opening a Jeep plant in Europe but it will not be replacing the one here. Manufacturing over there is much more expensive; our unions have nothing on European ones.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 2WD
Trim Level: Express
Color: Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
fingerprintguy is on a distinguished road

Looking carfully at those pictures, they look sorta like some of the concepts I've seen for the new Dakota.

I loved my dakotas, both of them. Bought the 1500 because they don't make them any more, and I just can't see myself in a colorado. I've been a mopar fan too long.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:23 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 QC Cummins
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
05cummins is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
i thought i read a new jeep plant was opening in europe and the one in addition to the ohio plant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse View Post
They may be opening a Jeep plant in Europe but it will not be replacing the one here. Manufacturing over there is much more expensive; our unions have nothing on European ones.
Glad to know I was talking out of my arse when I said that to my dad that could never be freighting the N.American versions back to us.