DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Accessories - Dodge Ram Parts - Dodge Ram Performance - Registered Vendors! > Total Load Control - Dodge Ram Air Suspension

Notices

Total Load Control - Dodge Ram Air Suspension TLC™ is the patented air suspension for that solves the problems hauling or towing heavy loads with coil springs. Fits all 2009-14 RAM 1500 including Ecodiesel and just introduced for 2014 RAM 2500! No modification required; keep the coil springs. TLC also makes units for 02-13 RAM 2500 & 02-14 RAM 3500 with leaf springs. TLC adds over 5,000 lbs of lifting power to level any load or tow with the largest air springs on any full-size pickup – 9” Goodyear® dual bellows. Your truck will be safer, handle better and go faster around curves. TLC doesn’t interfere with the factory ride. You’ve never experienced the power of air bags until you try Total Load Control™. Easy to install; no drilling; fits leveled & body lifted trucks. We introduced TLC on the Z and have many happy Z customers. Get Total Load Control Today!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-30-2014, 11:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2005 cummins & 2010 5.7 Hemi
Trim Level: 2005 & 2010 are SLT
Color: 2010 Silver, 2005 Burgundy / silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Toon tugr is on a distinguished road

Thank you Ben!
Old 02-04-2014, 12:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge RAM
Color: White
Rep:17
TLC John is on a distinguished road

We are looking at putting rubber pads on the lower metal platforms to reduce occasional metal noise. You might try that.

TLC's air springs are attached at one end only and so the air bags cannot break because the forces of the truck are not pulling on them.

This is what makes TLC work better than every other air system and why we offer a 7-year warranty.

Unfortunately using the product bolted down voids the TLC Warranty because of the extra stress on the air bags.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Sorry I didn't see this or Bens other thread before your PM's.

I must have misunderstood ben about being bolted versus not having guide guide pins on the older ones.

If there is 5 psi in the bags then there is no way I could stand to drive the pickup. I don't think you realize The country roads I drive every day are equivilant to moguls and it becomes a bad safety issue due to haveing 5 psi the rear end bounces so bad without a load I can't hardly keep it on the road, I am pretty sure my rear tires actuallycame off the ground a few times already with even a few psi in the bags as it bounces so bad.

Last edited by Toon tugr; 02-04-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Rep:163
bendodge has a spectacular aura aboutbendodge has a spectacular aura about

The Pins are actually studs with threads so I was going to put nuts on the studs to hold them to the bottom plate and then run 1 PSI just to have some air in them. The bags lift the back of the truck about 3/4 inch with 2.5 PSI so they do affect the ride. The coils springs are suppose the carry the weight so if you have the bag lifting the truck 3/4 inch it is carrying weight also. I do not know how you could not have a rougher ride? The other problem may be the bags are filed by one valve so the air can go back and forth between the bags. So if the highs and lows of the wash board are not in "Sync" for the left and right rear tire, this may compound the problem on wash board roads at certain speeds.I found that by using separate fill valves like other company's do I eliminated the little bit of side sway I had when pulling my camper.I purchased the TLC bags because they are as IMO much better than the "plastic" in coil bag. I am a RV mechanic and have replaced many sets of the plastic in coil bags on the front of motor homes, if the rear heavy rubber bags (like the TLC uses) ever had a problem it was a air line leak not a blown bag.I will be bolting my bags to the bottom plate and trying them at 1 to 1.5 PSI.I think this will give me a acceptable ride.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

well after talking to Lola and hearing the sales pitch she finally admitted they have been having issues with the Dodge 1500 kit due to this issue of not being bolted to the lower plate like all the other kits they make are and that they had to do it this way for the patent.
They don't recommend bolting them down at sale time but say it is ok to bolt them down but you then lose the warranty on the bag at that point.
In short if you actually use this kit in the "Real" world and not 100% on highway in town pavement queen action you will need to bolt it down if you run empty and want a safe ride.

I will be removing the locater pin and bolting mine down to the lower plate now before it causes me to ditch it and have an accident.

Last edited by Toon tugr; 02-08-2014 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

These are the same type of bag the "other" kits use and they are bolted top and bottom with no problems.The bags size is a little large for the 1500 so if my bags go bad I will see if I can buy a set of smaller replacement bags and reuse the lines and brackets. Being honest with your customers is always a good thing.Thanks for the update Toon tugr
Old 02-08-2014, 10:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

This is what I was relaying to her as well, Having been a heavy diesel tech for 20 years I have never seen a bag not attached at both ends. This is what she replied to as what they needed to do in the design to get a patent for this particular system which makes no sense. If they had tested it with a number of beta testers nation wide with real feed back this should have never been released this way.

Last edited by Toon tugr; 02-09-2014 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Granite Crystal
sport14 is on a distinguished road

Hi Everyone, I'm in the middle of deciding which way to go - Timbrens, Airlift 1000, or TLC. From my research, Timbrens ride rough even with a load, Airlift fails if you do any kind of off roading or lose air pressure and they get pinched.

I like the TLC idea the best but many are reporting up to 2" of added height from running the minimum 5 psi (my truck is raked enough stock!!!). From this thread, it seems that the option to attach the bags top and bottom is available and would allow me to run minimal or no air pressure hence no added rear end lift or change in ride quality. My only remaining concern is with the removal of the jounce bumper and using the bags to take the hit when the truck bottoms out. Do any of you know if these bags can handle the abuse if the suspension bottoms out? Wouldn't the top and bottom plates of the bags smash together internally and cause high stress on the mounting brackets and even the connection to the frame? I'd appreciate your thoughts on this.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I run my air lines seperate so the air can't move from one bag to the other so with 1 pound of air I dont think they should bottom out. The other thing to consider is how many times with no load do the bump stops actually contact the axle.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Granite Crystal
sport14 is on a distinguished road

The roads here in Calgary get some pretty severe frost heaving during the spring months that can bottom you our HARD. With this warmer weather, a co-worker hit one this morning that wasn't there yesterday and he swears that his little Yaris was in the air - the jounce bumper smooths out that kind of hit with no problems - I wonder if the internals of the bags have smooth / flat contact points or if something gets smashed inside during a big bottom out - and does the deflated rubber give any kind of cushioning so there's not a hard metal on metal hit. I would be one happy camper with this system if they installed an internal jounce bumper like they do on the new Airlift 5000 systems - then we could run with zero pressure and never have a worry. I'm still undecided but thinking for the few times I load her up per year, maybe I'll just install the Timbrens and have to accept a bit of squat with harsh ride, and remove them for the rest of the time...but damn - the ride quality and zero sag you get with these airbags would be sweet...still on the fence