DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-27-2014, 09:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Hemi R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:36
CCCP1999 is on a distinguished road

Had my 2013 R/T for 2 months and not a prob yet.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:55 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Bright Silver
Rep:40
Big Al23 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about this. I bought a new 2012 Silverado and had it in the service dept as many times as months owned (8). Traded for the Ram and the only problem was a loose flare that they replaced.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:50 PM

Vehicle: 2013 ram crew cab Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport/laramie
Color: Black beauty
Rep:43
RAMinator13 is on a distinguished road

i have 12 thousand miles on my 13 sport 4x4 6spd 3.55 cc and have had ZERO ISSUES and i drive it like i stole it lol
2013 RAM CC Sport 4x4 - 6spd 3.55 Anti-spin diff. MODS: 35x12.5r20 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ - Rough Country Level 2.5 front & 1.5 rear - Airaid MXP Cold Air - Magnaflow Magnapack 4x14 & Magnaflow True Flow Y pipe mod- 20x9 Ballistic Razorbacks
Old 01-29-2014, 12:57 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Limited
Color: Black
Rep:10
BigBlackRam13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzDusty View Post
I disagree with your title but can understand why you feel this way. I have only owned my 2013 for about 3 weeks now and have had only 1 problem and that is that sometimes my preset Sirus stations disappear but a quick turn off and back on and all is right in the world.

I see you bought the Tradesman model, I have the laramie longhorn perhaps there are two distinct quality control procedures one for top of the line and one for entry level vehicles?????

That is my only problem and that I am not getting 25 mpg as they advertise but it has only 1100 miles on it so far.
I've got the Laramie Limited - Less than 800 miles on it. what MPG are you getting.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 ram cc1500 4x4
Trim Level: sport
Color: deep cherry red
bluebagger06 is on a distinguished road

Had my 13 for almost a year now,16,000 miles and me and my wife absolutely love it. Only problem was a bad battery and now wheel skins pitting. Truck has been everything we had hoped for in a truck and then some,being my first ram. Now I am thinking about a 14 sport at the dealer lol.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:29 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:42
IowaRam is on a distinguished road

I might as well chime in since I have had many issues. I have had my truck since June, it's a 13' sport crew. I have had a rattle in the dash and headliner fixed numerous times. They finally got the headliner and overhead console rattles fixed, but not the dash. I just got it back after 2 weeks in the shop for replacing dash trim. Still rattles, heard it within a block of the dealer. Then I had a dent on my tailgate from the inside. The first time, the dealer did nothing and said it was not a warranty issue. When I told them to take off the panel in the tailgate they found that the brace inside was not properly installed at the factory and pushed the dent out, causing the paint to crack.

So they ordered a new tailgate. Then had it fixed but instead o having it sprayed with Linex like I have in the rest of the bed, they tried to cut corners and put in some shitty liner on the tailgate. It is full of air bubbles and shiny, looks terrible! Plus my new tailgate, painted Friday, came with a chip in the paint.

So I now have to wait for another whole new tailgate and go through it all again, plus I have to return it again for the damn rattle! I am so frustrated I am seriously considering trading for a new Silverado! Maybe 5 times will be the charm.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:42 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Red
Rep:14
Mr.Smith is on a distinguished road

Sorry for your bad luck but I have had my 2013 for over 3 months and around 4500 miles with no issues so far
Old 01-30-2014, 10:02 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram quad
Color: gray
Rep:321
bartlett is a jewel in the roughbartlett is a jewel in the roughbartlett is a jewel in the roughbartlett is a jewel in the rough

iowaram your problems are dealer caused.

a rattle and a small dent should be simple easy fixes. your dealer caused them to be big problems.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: true blue
bavoiding is on a distinguished road

2013 Ram Laramie 4x4 crew cab 5.7L hemi 8 speed transmission, 8.4" uconnect with navigation. I have had several problems with the uconnect in this truck as well as 'memory not avialable not in park' and also the gauge lights flickering on/off when it's raining although the center cluster remains okay. We will start with the 'memory not available not in park'. This started happening shortly after buying the truck. I took this to ***** Motors in Hermitage, PA. They could not find the cause, they re-flashed the truck. A day later the problem was back. I searched online and found the TSB on this and told them about it, they took the truck back and done the TSB, it has not happened since. The uconnect was also having problems, hence the flash, it was loosing XM signal all the time and it was shutting down/blacking out. They flashed it once and the problem happened again. I ask them to replace the radio and told me (twice) that I didn't buy the car from them and I should take it back where I bought it. I spoke to the service manager and lot owner about this, informing them that they had lost all my (and anyone who will listen) business by not standing behind the factory warranty. So I took the truck back to where I bought it, **** in Cranberry, PA. Good people to work with by the way. It's a 1.5-hour drive each way so I called them on the phone and told them what's been happening to which the account manager was demo'ing one of the Rams and had the same problem until they replaced his radio, he said they would have a new radio waiting for me. I showed up and no radio, they flashed the uconnect and sent me on my way. A week later it was blacking out again. I called them and they ordered a new radio for me, a few weeks later I went back (3 hour round trip) and they replaced the radio. The system worked fine for a couple months. The second week in October upon starting the truck the system blacked out again. It rebooted and said there was a problem with the phone and to contact a dealer, the red light on the rear view mirror came on as well. The system shut down again and upon rebooting the XM radio would not reconnect. This time I took the truck to **** Motors in Meadville, PA. On my way to drop it off it was raining and my gauge lights were flickering on/off while on the lowest brightness setting. Turning up the brightness they worked fine, but on low they would flicker and go completely off. They flashed the uconnect and told me they could not find an issue with the lights. They also gave me sh*t about not buying the truck from them! The person at the service counter was very rude as well. I got the truck back on a Saturday, Monday I called Chrysler Complaint center to get something done about this. They ask me to drop the truck back off at a dealer so they could have their level/tier 3 engineers work with the technicians over the phone to dig deeper and find a resolution. I happy complied but told them this was there last chance to make it right, this has been in four times for the same problem within six months and if I experienced another problem I would want my money back or a replacement. They took the truck for a couple days then told me I could come pick it up. Less than a week later the screen locked up and would not function. Also the gauge lights were flickering during another rain. I called Chrysler back and told them I experienced another problem, they said they would call me back a couple days later. I have since been working with them to get a replacement/money back. So, several of the same problems and three different dealerships with no fix. This is a big problem for Chrysler/Ram. These vehicles are not safe to drive because of the electrical and uconnect problems. They would be wise to exchange vehicles (repair and re-sell once they figure out the underlying issue, if they can!) instead of loosing lemon law suits to which they cannot re-sell the vehicles.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:47 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Crew 8', 2500, 6.4L 4X4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: dark red
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:17
JerryparmerRam is on a distinguished road

Sounds like my last Ford. In the shop 16 times in 9 months. Finally Ford said "good luck with that". They refused to fix it, and the lemon law is a joke.