DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Accessories - Dodge Ram Parts - Dodge Ram Performance - Registered Vendors! > Bayou Goat Mounts - Ram Truck GPS/Cell Phone/Radar Detector Mounts

Notices

Bayou Goat Mounts - Ram Truck GPS/Cell Phone/Radar Detector Mounts Bayou Goat Mounts has designed the only mount made specifically for the  2009-2014 Ram Trucks. Our mount gives you the ability to mount your GPS, Cell Phone, or Radar Detector at the best possible spot on your Ram Truck Dash. With easy installation using factory screws already on your dash, this mount gives you a low profile look with easy access. Check out our sleek looking mounts at: bayougoatmounts.com

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-24-2014, 04:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Crew Cab 5.7
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
cubsflfan is on a distinguished road
Default Great Product

I did not see a spot for reviews on the site, but I felt it necessary let you now how pleased I am with this product. I was considering replacing my uconnect 5.0 RA2 w/ an aftermarket radio with nav and losing my vehicle setting and gauge evic screen controls until I found this product. I hated the idea of mounting a portable gps on the window or on a nonworking dash mat. This product is simple, clean and does it's job. I am so happy I waited and found your product online and didn't waste a ton to money doing something I would have regretted anyway. The mount looks like it is factory and works flawlessly. I also appreciate the fast shipping. Thank you for your ingenuity.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gps mount 1.JPG (98.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg gps 2.JPG (106.3 KB, 25 views)
Sponsored links
Old 01-25-2014, 05:33 AM
R A M M S T E I N

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC Hemi
Trim Level: Sportabulous
Color: White
Rep:580
RAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to all

Jason,

Thanks for the thoughtful review man! Folks will appreciate the feedback.

I have a question for you - how is the stability of the unit when you are driving and someone tries to change a setting? Does it sit pretty solidly, or move about under finger pressure?

Thanks!

Var

* 2014 RAM Sport CC* BDS 6" Suspension* Fox 2.5 Coil-over front * Fox 2.0 rear & Pro-Ride 3" coil* 3.92 Gearing* Fuel hostages in 20x9 +1
37x12.5R20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT2
* Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 * Cabin Air Filter
* ARH LT headers * Magnaflow catback/5" tips * 87mm Ported TB * Moroso Polished Catch Can*_QTP_electric_cutout_&_3"_turn_down * Legmaker Short Ram * S&B custom filter * Outerwears Pre-filter * Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau

Old 01-25-2014, 05:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:1054
LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

Here is where product reviews go, brother.

http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40

Edit: Nevermind. I see you found it. lol

Last edited by LowUFO; 01-25-2014 at 06:05 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Crew Cab 5.7
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
cubsflfan is on a distinguished road

The mount doesn't move or have any play at all. Once it is screwed down you'd think it was welded to the truck factory. My particular 5" gps is no featherweight so at certain speeds or bumps you see a little vibration. I can use the touch screen with no problem at all.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:23 PM
R A M M S T E I N

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC Hemi
Trim Level: Sportabulous
Rep:580
RAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to all

That sounds great Jason. Sounds like a solid option for people

Var

* 2014 RAM Sport CC* BDS 6" Suspension* Fox 2.5 Coil-over front * Fox 2.0 rear & Pro-Ride 3" coil* 3.92 Gearing* Fuel hostages in 20x9 +1
37x12.5R20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT2
* Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 * Cabin Air Filter
* ARH LT headers * Magnaflow catback/5" tips * 87mm Ported TB * Moroso Polished Catch Can*_QTP_electric_cutout_&_3"_turn_down * Legmaker Short Ram * S&B custom filter * Outerwears Pre-filter * Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau

Old 01-25-2014, 02:03 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab 4X4 Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:2453
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Nice review, thanks for taking the time to post it.
BT CC / Hood Kit, LED Tails, Recon 3rd Brake & Xtreme LightBar, Black Aluminum Side Steps, Leer 700, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, MOPAR Valve Caps, Lighted RAM hitch cover, Front Tow Hooks and Bed Post Hide-a-Hooks, Tints (20% frt, 35% rear and slider), Painted Engine Cover/Brake Calipers, K&N Drop in,OEM Fender Flares/ bug deflector, FM 40, SC Cortex, Oracle H11 LED Heads, 4000k Putco Fogs, LED Interior Lights, Honeycomb Grill, Bilstien 5100's.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Rep:15
4GoatsOnly is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks or the feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsflfan View Post
I did not see a spot for reviews on the site, but I felt it necessary let you now how pleased I am with this product. I was considering replacing my uconnect 5.0 RA2 w/ an aftermarket radio with nav and losing my vehicle setting and gauge evic screen controls until I found this product. I hated the idea of mounting a portable gps on the window or on a nonworking dash mat. This product is simple, clean and does it's job. I am so happy I waited and found your product online and didn't waste a ton to money doing something I would have regretted anyway. The mount looks like it is factory and works flawlessly. I also appreciate the fast shipping. Thank you for your ingenuity.
Thanks for the positive feedback it really means a lot. Your right I should have a place for comments on my website. Probably better at building something with my hands rather than on a computer.
Thanks again for your feedback and if you ever have any problems in the future I do have a lifetime warranty. Sold a couple of Hundred so far and no returns as of yet. They are all handmade and I know I take great pride in each and everyone of them.
Duane at Bayou Goat Mounts

bayougoatmounts
Old 01-30-2014, 10:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013
Trim Level: Express
Color: True Blue
EDRO is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Bayou Goat mount vIbRaTiOn

I recently installed the Bayou Goat mount on my 2013 Ram and have attached a GPS to it. The mount is a great concept and is very functional at a stop. But, soon as I start driving the vibration is so great that when looking at the GPS I feel like I have epilepsy. I'm disappointed because I use my GPS a lot and this mount offered the perfect placement. Sadly, I will be returning my mount.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Rep:15
4GoatsOnly is on a distinguished road
Default First time negative review

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDRO View Post
I recently installed the Bayou Goat mount on my 2013 Ram and have attached a GPS to it. The mount is a great concept and is very functional at a stop. But, soon as I start driving the vibration is so great that when looking at the GPS I feel like I have epilepsy. I'm disappointed because I use my GPS a lot and this mount offered the perfect placement. Sadly, I will be returning my mount.
Sorry about your experience, I also use my GPS every day for the past year and eleven months and never have experienced a vibration that bad. After selling on website, eBay, and seven dealerships this is the first time to recieve a negative comment put quite like that.
Again sorry for your experance
Duane at Bayou Goat Mounts
Will be in touch with you soon

bayougoatmounts