DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-29-2014, 01:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:525
Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light
Question has anyone ever bought stilts?

So if you live anywhere near Indiana, you might have heard of a thing called the Haunted Castle and Black Forest. We get bus loads from some neighboring cities and states from haunted convention type stuff.

But basically it's a fund raiser for my Boy Scout troop. We're one of the largest troops in northern Indiana with more than 150 or so registered kids.

The Haunted Castle and Black Forest is a Haunted house type deal. Each place takes around 20-45 minutes to get through and takes around 100 people per haunt and per night to open.

But to the point of this question, My job there (usually; it changes whenever I feel like doing something else) is supervising an area in the Black forest. I.E telling kids and adults where to scare, how to scare, supervise breaks and basically make sure my area is running smoothly, OR I get to play in the midway on stilts and interact with the customers buying snacks, or waiting in line, or just chilling. The last one is definitely the more fun one. But my problem is the stilts we have are not tall enough for me, sure I'm like 8 ft tall with them, but thats no fun. I need to be taller!

What we have now is a very nice pair of drywall stilts. The stilts themselves are awesome. But alas, I just need to be taller. So you know when you watch parades and these clowns are like 10-15 ft in the air? I'm not exactly how tall they are, but, they're tall for certain! I want a pair like that. But all I can find are stilts that are on poles. I would like ones with feet as I mainly walk in gravel and on dirt paths and uneven terrain.

So I have found what I have but in a taller version (40") I think what I have now is the 30" ones. These migghhtt have to do if I cant find anything thats taller. Those are the link if you want to look.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Marshallt...2124/203325590

So has anyone bought any stilts that I'm looking for? Thanks!

Heres some fun pictures of what I do.

And me posing with some little kids on Halloween at our Safe Trick and Treat before we opened for the actual haunt

plasti-dipped hood stripe, rims, mirrors,handles, emblems,
Green Interior LEDs
Sponsored links
Old 01-29-2014, 09:38 AM
Former Senior Member

Vehicle: 95
Trim Level: Cloaking
Rep:1776
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

How come you aren't wearing a costume in the first and last one?

I've seen some of the darker skinned shorter workers around here that put two pair together for cathedral and taller ceilings. Not sure how safe that is but I usually give 'em plenty of room around 'em.

Last edited by Warlock III; 01-29-2014 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:08 PM

Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light

HA HA HA FUNNY

ahaha but yeah. Thats interesting.. I have to look into that haha
Green Interior LEDs
Old 01-30-2014, 07:27 PM
R A M M S T E I N

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC Hemi
Trim Level: Sportabulous
Color: White
Rep:580
RAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to all

Probably a lot of fun. Personally, I stopped at pogo sticking. Uni-cycling seemed cool, but I never took the plunge. And speaking of taking plunges, stilts probably have a pretty steep learning curve.

"Oh hell, this is a bree....*thud*"

So no ..

Var

* 2014 RAM Sport CC* BDS 6" Suspension* Fox 2.5 Coil-over front * Fox 2.0 rear & Pro-Ride 3" coil* 3.92 Gearing* Fuel hostages in 20x9 +1
37x12.5R20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT2
* Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 * Cabin Air Filter
* ARH LT headers * Magnaflow catback/5" tips * 87mm Ported TB * Moroso Polished Catch Can*_QTP_electric_cutout_&_3"_turn_down * Legmaker Short Ram * S&B custom filter * Outerwears Pre-filter * Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau

Old 01-31-2014, 12:31 AM

I can unicycle XD. I have 2 unicycles haha. I can juggle on them as well.

And of course the stilts on the ladder is totally safe too! and its even an adjustable ladder, its not like i simply need to be higher and the ladder was at its highest. NOPE. haha

and ehh,I figured how they worked pretty fast, maybe that's cause I already have good balance from unicycling, but who knows haha
Green Interior LEDs
Old 01-31-2014, 01:10 AM
R A M M S T E I N

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC Hemi
Trim Level: Sportabulous
Color: White
Rep:580
RAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to all

Never tried uni-cycling. You sound pretty good at it

I can wheelie a wheelchair though - which is damn easy. The harder part is wheeling at a decent speed 'backwards' down a hall. To stay up you have to off balance rearward as usual, BUT you also need to really off balance backwards to blast down the hall under momentum, so when do you get a chance to actually 'catch' your balance?

Doing that under speed can end poorly

Var

* 2014 RAM Sport CC* BDS 6" Suspension* Fox 2.5 Coil-over front * Fox 2.0 rear & Pro-Ride 3" coil* 3.92 Gearing* Fuel hostages in 20x9 +1
37x12.5R20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT2
* Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 * Cabin Air Filter
* ARH LT headers * Magnaflow catback/5" tips * 87mm Ported TB * Moroso Polished Catch Can*_QTP_electric_cutout_&_3"_turn_down * Legmaker Short Ram * S&B custom filter * Outerwears Pre-filter * Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau

Old 01-31-2014, 02:01 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

When I use to do plaster work during the summer when I was in school I picked up a pair of Garage Stilts from a drywall supply store that was close by (Belleville, IL at the time) and they went up to 40" I believe, they were taller than anything you could buy at lowes or home depot that is for sure, you might look around and see what you can find if you have any drywall supply stores near by that pretty much specialize in drywall, tape and mud, and plaster if there are any.

Not sure how much help this information will be but hope it helps some.

Thanks
Jeremiah

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 02-01-2014, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM357 View Post
Never tried uni-cycling. You sound pretty good at it

I can wheelie a wheelchair though - which is damn easy. The harder part is wheeling at a decent speed 'backwards' down a hall. To stay up you have to off balance rearward as usual, BUT you also need to really off balance backwards to blast down the hall under momentum, so when do you get a chance to actually 'catch' your balance?

Doing that under speed can end poorly

Var
Aha yeah. At the Castle we have a wheelchair readily available in case someone trips in the Forest. This is what i usually sit in on breaks. So I'm definitely used to doing wheelies in wheelchairs!! I've actually been trying to see how far and what maneuvers and what not i can do backwards! I have not gone down stairs yet.... Ill save that for a snowboard hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully's Performance View Post
When I use to do plaster work during the summer when I was in school I picked up a pair of Garage Stilts from a drywall supply store that was close by (Belleville, IL at the time) and they went up to 40" I believe, they were taller than anything you could buy at lowes or home depot that is for sure, you might look around and see what you can find if you have any drywall supply stores near by that pretty much specialize in drywall, tape and mud, and plaster if there are any.

Not sure how much help this information will be but hope it helps some.

Thanks
Jeremiah
Nah that totally helps. 40" inch is what I'm looking at online. And I think that is about the biggest I can get with feet without special ordering some, and I'm not even sure if that's possible! ahaha
Green Interior LEDs
Old 02-01-2014, 01:27 PM
Former Senior Member

Vehicle: 95
Trim Level: Cloaking
Rep:1776
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Note to self: Drew, if you ever happen to meet Robbie at work to not accept his hug.