DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Coverking MOLLE seat covers

24K views 35 replies 21 participants last post by  N.H. 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm sure many of you have seen advertisements for the Coverking cordura seat covers with MOLLE attachments on the backs of the front seats. They are available in solid colors as well as Multicam, Kryptek Highlander, Kryptek Typhon, and a few other patterns. I liked the idea of added protection for my seats since I have several packs made out of cordura nylon and have been very impressed with the durability of the fabric. It is very abrasion resistant, water resistant (these seat covers are also treated for added water resistance), and resists punctures. I also liked the idea of being able to mount things to the front seats, as it turns out it is a very convenient place to keep a small axe, flashlight, and various other tools that are MOLLE compatible (WEAPONS:smileup:). Lastly, while I still question the actual value of Kryptek Typhon as a camouflage I figured it would look great in my black/diesel gray interior. After having them for 2 and a half months, here is my review:

-Color: Like I said, I got the Krypek Typhon pattern. It is a black/gray pattern and it darkens the interior a little bit over the factory cloth color. This is what I was going for, since I thought the factory cloth was a little too gray for my tastes and not black enough. If I had the tan/brown interior I would have gone with Kryptek Highlander. In the attached pictures, it looks a bit lighter than it does in person because I don't have an actual camera and use my cell phone for all of my pictures.

-Material: If you have served in the military within the last decade or 2 you have almost surely had experience with cordura nylon. Lots of bags, pouches, etc are made from it, and its what the military Camelbaks are made from. This stuff is tough, and fairly heavy so when you are on a long trip and the back of your thighs get sweaty they won't stick to your seat covers like they would if it were a lighter type of nylon. They also make it a bit easier to adjust your seating position, but not to the point where you slide around easily. Overall, I am pleasantly surprised by how comfortable they are. They resist absorbing spills, and when you get them dirty (even with fine caliche dust) it takes no more than a wet rag to clean them. Also from what I understand, the color of cordura seat covers will not fade with UV exposure like neoprene seat covers will.

Fitment: Cordura is not stretchy like Neoprene, so it does take a little extra care to get these to fit perfectly. They look somewhat wrinkly in the pics because of the seat bolsters when there isn't someone in the seat, but they aren't loose, rather a snug fit. I probably could have got them to fit a little better, especially around the bottom corners, but I am satisfied with them as they are. They did not include instructions, but it did not take very long to figure out how to install them. I had my mom help me because her little fingers made it easier to get the back seat covers on. The front ones were much easier and I did them by myself. Just make sure that when you buckle the rear covers together not to tighten the straps too tight otherwise you will not be able to fold the seat down all the way. On the front seats, make sure that the straps running under the seats do not contact the seat motors or wiring. I didn't run into a problem here, but I figure its better to be safe than sorry, and its easy enough to avoid placing stress on the wiring and motors. The pictures will probably show more about the fit than I can describe, so I will let them do the rest of the description.

Functionality: The only thing you lose with these covers is the map pockets on the backs of the front seats. If you miss them that badly, you can always get a MOLLE map pocket. Also, these covers include several pouches ranging from a small one with elastic shotshell loops, to a flashlight pouch, and what looks like a dump pouch; and the space between the MOLLE loops is velcro so velcro pouches can fit too. The child seat restraints are still accessible with these covers ( I tried to show that in one of the pictures), and you also retain the ability to use the 60/40 folding rear seat which is pretty nice. As far as the MOLLE attachments go, it will depend on who you are as to how useful they are to you. They also do have flaps on the side of the front seats to allow the seat mounted airbags to deploy.

Summary: I think these seat covers looks great with the interior color of my truck, and the material is super durable. They are a little pricey, but I think for the quality and ruggedness it is worth it. If you have any questions, just ask below or PM me.

See less See more
#6 ·
Look good. Just went on their website... They are pretty expensive.

#7 ·
Thanks guys! Glad to see that my first try at writing a review went well, I tried to be detailed. They are expensive, but they are well made. The stitching has no flaws and the seams are very securely joined.

#9 ·
Yes I am happy with the fit. You have to keep in mind that these are cordura nylon and consequently do not stretch like the more common neoprene covers do. It takes some work to get them on just right, but they fit well-I tried to capture that with the pictures.

Reactions: RogerRamJet
#11 ·
Great Job / Great review - Am tempted to switch now :)

I'm sure many of you have seen advertisements for the Coverking cordura seat covers with MOLLE attachments on the backs of the front seats.

[snip]

Summary: I think these seat covers looks great with the interior color of my truck, and the material is super durable. They are a little pricey, but I think for the quality and ruggedness it is worth it. If you have any questions, just ask below or PM me.

Hey thanks for the great review! I have a 2013 Lonestar CC and also installed Coverking seat covers, but went with the Mossy Oak "Breakup Infinity" Camo pattern. They fit great, and I even had a local upholstery shop stitch me a matching cover for the top half of the console since my dogs front paws are always perched right there. :) Finding the matching fabric in a thick enough durable material was fun. Wound up at Academy and bought a thick canvas-type jacket with that pattern and cut the back out of it to use for the console.

Anyway, after seeing your interior, I kind of like yours better and am a huge MOLLE fan. Am very tempted to re-do mine as you did yours. If I do, do you know of anywhere that I might be able to find some of that fabric to make another matching console top? Also, where were you able to locate your set? Thanks!

--mike

Attachments

#12 ·
That's a great idea you had with the console cover tac40. My dog likes to rest his head on my console, so I'll have to look into something like that. I got my seat covers from Coverking, I just called and they fixed me right up with the options and everything that I wanted.

http://www.coverking.com/#

As far as finding matching fabric, I found this site that sells it in your choice of weights.

http://kryptekfabric.com/

#22 · (Edited)
Was the color custom? It's not one of the options on their site but I see pics of it on there..

And was its 312 for the front and another 312 for the rear?

#15 · (Edited)
I do not have heated seats so I don't know if they would or not. Sorry klank.

I imagine they probably would, but I can't say for sure and don't want to give you bad info.

ETA: Cordura is pretty stout fabric too, so they would probably interfere with ventilated seats, but as before I'm not sure.

#17 ·
Absolutely, the center console is still usable. The front seats each have their own cover, and the back seat cover accommodates the 40/60 fold up seats.

#19 ·
I find it helpful for organizing hunting gear since not everything is spread out on the floor. I also have various pouches with tie downs, etc in them. On road trips I like to attach a camelbak because its easier to drink from than a bottle with a screw top.

I don't really miss the map pockets, my road atlas usually sits on top of the console.

#20 ·
I find it helpful for organizing hunting gear since not everything is spread out on the floor. I also have various pouches with tie downs, etc in them. On road trips I like to attach a camelbak because its easier to drink from than a bottle with a screw top.

I don't really miss the map pockets, my road atlas usually sits on top of the console.
Now that is a GREAT idea!!! The seat covers look nice also.

#21 ·
Dope!!! Matches the mossberg jm pro! (Next gun purchase of mine) think I may get these!

#23 ·
The 930 is a great shotgun! Both of mine are 870s, but the Mossberg 930 is great, and the price is too. The seat covers actually came with a MOLLE shotshell carrier.:smileup:

Was the color custom? It's not one of the options on their site but I see pics of it on there..

And was its 312 for the front and another 312 for the rear?
I ordered them over the phone, I'm not sure why Typhon isn't listed. It seems like it would be pretty popular for people with dark interiors since it looks so good in them. I can't imagine that it was discontinued, I'd call and ask. They will also explain the options better than the website does so you get the right ones for your seats.

And yes that is for each set, front and rear. Pricey, but worth it.:smiley_thumbs_up:

#25 ·
Nope, I only have to adjust the passenger one when someone rides in it and slides off the side of the seat to get out. Boy does that piss me off.

#26 ·
Sorry to dig up an old thread but i have a question thunderhorse. The directions that came with mine are absolutely horrible, it seems to me there is no access holes where the backrest cover passes under the seat bottom for the center seat belt and female buckles on that side. did your have holes or how did you route those?

#27 ·
Are you talking about the front or back seat? I don't have a center front seat, but in the back I slid the cover under the belt from the side. I agree the directions were awful; I just sort of figured it out on my own.

#29 ·
I don't blame you. I had another person helping me and took my time on it; it isn't exactly a quick install. The front seats were pretty easy. The hard part is getting the back seat covers because you can't fold them forward or anything.

#30 ·
Just found this article Google ing... information. For some reason at work I cannot see the pictures so I will have to revisit this thread once I get home. I am sure your pictures would answer most if not all of my questions. So I will limit my questions to just one for now. Would they fit a 2016 Power Wagon SLT with cloth 40/20/40 Premium Seats?

Also since this post is a couple of years old... How was the quality of the covers over time? And What don't you like about them?

Thank-you
Michael

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.