DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-25-2014, 09:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Laramie
Trim Level: Longhorn Crew Cab
Color: White/Gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:483
Silvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of lightSilvercreek is a glorious beacon of light

I think you would be hard pressed to prove which construction contractor would be liable for the nails in the street.

*** US Army Retired - 11B40 - 1964/'85 ***
Old 01-25-2014, 12:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:156
RandyW has a spectacular aura aboutRandyW has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvercreek View Post
I think you would be hard pressed to prove which construction contractor would be liable for the nails in the street.
There is only one contractor in here building all of the homes. They are building every home in my community.
2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab Big Horn (3.21 gears) - Black Ext. Black/Grey Int. Mods include: Weathertech Digital Floormats, Limo Tint + Windshield, 2.5" HBS Leveling Kit, Blacked out badges, LED bulbs Interior/Exterior, 13" Stubby AntennaX, In-Cab Air Filter Mod, 18" Ultra Baron Wheels & 275/70R18 Nitto Trail Grapplers.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:02 PM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyW View Post
Man, am I ever pissed right now! I just got home from work, ate dinner, and decided to walk the road here in front of my house to check for nails (like I will be doing DAILY). Now you guys tell me if this looks acceptable to you. We have to drive on this road every day in and out of here. You tell me am I over-reacting, or is this just not right? I've never seen a messier construction site overall, as I've seen in my community.

I took a photo of the shit that I found within 100 yards of my driveway and piled it on my work bench. I found all of that just now, 20 minutes ago. The stuff in the bag was from the past weekend. In one of the pics, you can see my truck (black) in the background. They are going to pay for my wife's tires if it's the last thing I do. This weekend I'm getting my Toyo Open Country MTs put on. If I find a nail in one of those, they will be shelling out another $300+ for each one.

In the one photo with the port-pooper nearby, that mound of dirt is raised about 3-4 inches with nails, screws, pieces of metal all in it. I picked up what was laying around the edges and on top. No telling what's under the dirt. Mind you, this pile STAYS here even after the street sweeper runs every night (or every other night).
Sorry to see that happening. I would be PO'd as we'll. have you contacted any of your local politicians. They should have a bylaw in place or an inspector to come out and have a look at that I am really surprised that they wouldn't look after you or even consider the fact that you actually picked up all the crap that the trades left behind. It's there job to keep the sites clean.

Good luck. I would also speak to surrounding neighbours and inquire about tire repairs. Get a list compiled.

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"
Old 01-25-2014, 02:32 PM
Is hunting wednecks

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1734
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkem View Post
Sorry to see that happening. I would be PO'd as we'll. have you contacted any of your local politicians. They should have a bylaw in place or an inspector to come out and have a look at that I am really surprised that they wouldn't look after you or even consider the fact that you actually picked up all the crap that the trades left behind. It's there job to keep the sites clean.

Good luck. I would also speak to surrounding neighbours and inquire about tire repairs. Get a list compiled.
I think that that's solid advice. I had mentioned it earlier in the thread.

However, if I can add to the part about talking with the neighbors, It may also be prudent to speak with neighbors on a street that don't have any construction going on in an attempt to obtain a "control" situation for comparison.

DISCLAIMER
If you are offended easily don't click on my screen name
Old 01-25-2014, 04:11 PM
R A M M S T E I N

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC Hemi
Trim Level: Sportabulous
Color: White
Rep:580
RAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock III View Post
I think that that's solid advice. I had mentioned it earlier in the thread.

However, if I can add to the part about talking with the neighbors, It may also be prudent to speak with neighbors on a street that don't have any construction going on in an attempt to obtain a "control" situation for comparison.
That may be a soft control, but I like the idea. You'd want to check the routes those residents take, to ensure their access and egress and Randy's are mutually exclusive where any construction vehicle travels are concerned.

What I would consider would be this:

Research where the contractor has developed PRIOR to now, and pound the pavement in those hoods looking for earlier offenses. You'd be looking for the earlier homes chronologically, in those developments. Then track the streets through the neighborhood establishing the routes work trucks would have taken to and from the main arteries.

If their crews are not abiding by the bi-laws Ed referred to then finding a pattern of behavior can only bolster your case.

Var

* 2014 RAM Sport CC* BDS 6" Suspension* Fox 2.5 Coil-over front * Fox 2.0 rear & Pro-Ride 3" coil* 3.92 Gearing* Fuel hostages in 20x9 +1
37x12.5R20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT2
* Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 * Cabin Air Filter
* ARH LT headers * Magnaflow catback/5" tips * 87mm Ported TB * Moroso Polished Catch Can*_QTP_electric_cutout_&_3"_turn_down * Legmaker Short Ram * S&B custom filter * Outerwears Pre-filter * Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau

Old 01-25-2014, 05:09 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:156
RandyW has a spectacular aura aboutRandyW has a spectacular aura about

The way the community is setup, nearly all residents travel through at least one construction zone. There are only about 2 houses that do not have construction between their house and the front gates. Even at that, there are some bumps on the roads, so anything left on tailgates, flatbeds, etc, are prone to being knocked off on the bumps. I've been busy today with my truck (new wheels, new tires, washing, etc.), but tomorrow I'm going to sit down and get a game plan in place. Going to contact a news channel, find out about the laws on highway safety and possibly contact someone from FDOT. I used to work in FDOT headquarters directly with the Secretary. I know a log of the "big wigs" up there. They all liked me, so I'm sure I can get some advice from one of them somehow.

PS. I'm about to post some pics of my new wheels and tires under the 2014 section, go check'em out!
2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab Big Horn (3.21 gears) - Black Ext. Black/Grey Int. Mods include: Weathertech Digital Floormats, Limo Tint + Windshield, 2.5" HBS Leveling Kit, Blacked out badges, LED bulbs Interior/Exterior, 13" Stubby AntennaX, In-Cab Air Filter Mod, 18" Ultra Baron Wheels & 275/70R18 Nitto Trail Grapplers.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:07 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Cummins 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Laramie
Color: Red
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L HO) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 245hp 505lb/ft (6-Speed Manual)
Rep:326
the persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the rough

Make sure you get road hazard for your tires in the mean time. $20 extra a tire is cheaper than paying out of pocket.