DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-01-2014, 01:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express 4X4
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:272
h2oman is a jewel in the roughh2oman is a jewel in the roughh2oman is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonocativo View Post
Hey now... Im a city boy but I can shoot...lol
I got my hunting license last year finally (at 45)

I started off when I was small going hunting with my dad/uncles, black powder (50 cal.) one day in the hype of the hunt my rifle was loaded and forgot about so was reloaded a second time (on accident by my uncle) so, I found my target (think it was rabbits) and followed through and BAM into the wind.... My god, this big puff of smoke turns into a rolling ball of fire coming back at me....lol

Later, we go hunting again and my uncle has a Weatherby... for those who dont know, its an elephant rifle. Got this 50 fot strap to wrap all around you, well, so for me as a smaller guy compared to these massive brutes I have in my family (I was in my teens) so they are laughing and say I can shoot it first (targets) So I get bound up in this thing, and they are telling me to keep it tight on my shoulder ( I should have known they were up to something) so i sight it and pull the trigger.... OMG, it kicked like a mule, no wait, like a pissed off Bull... or maybe a semi truck hit me??? That monster ass rifle kicked up, and kept going, took me with it... never again will I shoot it.

But I owned a 9-22, 39 special snub nose, a 9mm ruger that jambed all the time and think it was wore out, shot 40 cal glocks and 357 mag, 44 mag and a 50 cal desert eagle. many more I dont remember. Now I dont own any more but in the process of buying a side arm for a CCW and hunting as well as other firearms to hunt with...soon
you can see the spent shell by my forearm and sis-n-law got the dead arm....lol
Was that the 460 Weatherby? Great gun. Useless on this continent. But great gun. How is your shoulder?

Half the beast
I used to be
Old 02-01-2014, 12:34 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1520
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Maybe you want to trythis ne as well?
At $4000 I'll pass.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped Grille Inserts The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 02-01-2014, 12:37 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Hey now... Im a city boy but I can shoot...lol
I got my hunting license last year finally (at 45)

I started off when I was small going hunting with my dad/uncles, black powder (50 cal.) one day in the hype of the hunt my rifle was loaded and forgot about so was reloaded a second time (on accident by my uncle) so, I found my target (think it was rabbits) and followed through and BAM into the wind.... My god, this big puff of smoke turns into a rolling ball of fire coming back at me....lol

Later, we go hunting again and my uncle has a Weatherby... for those who dont know, its an elephant rifle. Got this 50 fot strap to wrap all around you, well, so for me as a smaller guy compared to these massive brutes I have in my family (I was in my teens) so they are laughing and say I can shoot it first (targets) So I get bound up in this thing, and they are telling me to keep it tight on my shoulder ( I should have known they were up to something) so i sight it and pull the trigger.... OMG, it kicked like a mule, no wait, like a pissed off Bull... or maybe a semi truck hit me??? That monster ass rifle kicked up, and kept going, took me with it... never again will I shoot it.

But I owned a 9-22, 39 special snub nose, a 9mm ruger that jambed all the time and think it was wore out, shot 40 cal glocks and 357 mag, 44 mag and a 50 cal desert eagle. many more I dont remember. Now I dont own any more but in the process of buying a side arm for a CCW and hunting as well as other firearms to hunt with...soon
you can see the spent shell by my forearm and sis-n-law got the dead arm....lol
I have a Desert Eagle .50AE that most of my friends refuse to shoot. I had a muzzle break installed and it is so loud my ears ring after a few mags even with muffs on.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped Grille Inserts The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover

Last edited by DarthRam; 02-02-2014 at 12:22 AM.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:27 PM

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 outdoorsman
Trim Level: slt outdoorsman
Color: green
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:137
pjs1660 will become famous soon enoughpjs1660 will become famous soon enough

Don't shoot into a frozen creek and take your gun out of the holster before you drop trou. Back in the day when our service revolvers were S&W 38's I shot into a frozen creek and the bullet jumped back and hit my pants leg and fell,spinning on the ice. Then there was the time I really had to go and was hurrying to drop my pants when,splash my snub nose 38 came out of the holster and fell into the crapper fortunately I got it out quickly so it was only wet and not covered in S*%^
Old 02-02-2014, 09:03 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 club
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Electric Blue
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:206
sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oman View Post
Was that the 460 Weatherby? Great gun. Useless on this continent. But great gun. How is your shoulder?
I dont know what model, all I remember was it was a massive, Heavy ass rifle... Oh yeah, My shoulder, I thought it was dislocated....lol
Old 02-02-2014, 09:09 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 club
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Electric Blue
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:206
sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs1660 View Post
Don't shoot into a frozen creek and take your gun out of the holster before you drop trou. Back in the day when our service revolvers were S&W 38's I shot into a frozen creek and the bullet jumped back and hit my pants leg and fell,spinning on the ice. Then there was the time I really had to go and was hurrying to drop my pants when,splash my snub nose 38 came out of the holster and fell into the crapper fortunately I got it out quickly so it was only wet and not covered in S*%^
You watched this and didnt read the disclaimer didnt you....lol
Old 02-02-2014, 11:17 AM

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 outdoorsman
Trim Level: slt outdoorsman
Color: green
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:137
pjs1660 will become famous soon enoughpjs1660 will become famous soon enough

haha that's good but mine was in 1983 a few years before this i'm sure
Old 02-02-2014, 12:08 PM

Vehicle: 2005 QC 4X4 HEMI RAM
Trim Level: Thunder Road
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:418
hydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nice

I heard this story from my gunsmith. A guy and his wife was walking in the Maine woods in his wood lot when they encountered a huge black gear up a tree. The guy pulls out his .357 magnum and shoots the bear between the eyes. The bullet bounced off the bear's head to no effect. Before he could even shoot again, the bear leaped down the tree, bit him in the crotch and started shaking him like a rag doll. After about 10 minutes of shaking and biting, their son heard the commotion and ran back to his pickup to retrieve his .35 Marlin. By the time the son got back the bear had dragged his dad into a brook and was trying to hold him under water. Fortunately he was able to dispatch the bear with the rifle and the guy survived after spending quite a while in the hospital. Probably best to not piss off a 400 lb bear.
Inertia Spartan Plus cam, Circle D 3,000 rpm stall converter,Sonnax line pressure booster, Vararam, JBA's with cut outs, Borla duals, Rancho 9000's,3:92's, extra rear leaf. 200,000 miles To Hell and back. 14.2/96 mph NEDW
Old 02-02-2014, 02:37 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrex View Post
I heard this story from my gunsmith. A guy and his wife was walking in the Maine woods in his wood lot when they encountered a huge black gear up a tree. The guy pulls out his .357 magnum and shoots the bear between the eyes. The bullet bounced off the bear's head to no effect. Before he could even shoot again, the bear leaped down the tree, bit him in the crotch and started shaking him like a rag doll. After about 10 minutes of shaking and biting, their son heard the commotion and ran back to his pickup to retrieve his .35 Marlin. By the time the son got back the bear had dragged his dad into a brook and was trying to hold him under water. Fortunately he was able to dispatch the bear with the rifle and the guy survived after spending quite a while in the hospital. Probably best to not piss off a 400 lb bear.
Karma is a bitch...or...bear.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:25 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express 4X4
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:272
h2oman is a jewel in the roughh2oman is a jewel in the roughh2oman is a jewel in the rough

Half the beast
I used to be