DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Custom-mauhahaha
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:170
BadInfluence has a spectacular aura aboutBadInfluence has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to BadInfluence

What really irks me is that you have all these bleeding hearts that say we are not allowed to punish criminals that do stuff like this.

Saying that we are inhuman and these criminals have rights. If you ask me i say they lost their rights when they did the shit they did (murder, rape, molestation, etc). And we pay for them with our tax money for them to sit in jail eating healthier with cable tv and all free of charge. What is wrong with this picture?

We can afford to give criminals comforts yet we kill how many innocent animals in gas chambers at shelters everyday? I think the animals are the ones that deserve the comforts not these criminals.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:16 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiezl Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie 4x2
Color: Blue Streak Pearl Coat
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:432
MightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really nice

I agree. I saw that show "locked up" and they showed a guy that his cell was so comfortable that I couldn't believe he was in prison for murder. He had a single cell, color tv, he had books, painting supplies, and even had his own coffee maker, and nook for snacks. Are these people serious? Now I know not all prisons are like that. But there's homeless people with mental illness that live and die in the streets every day and yet these murdering scumbags get a free ride in prison with our tax dollars.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 CC 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Bighorn
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Matt35F is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadInfluence View Post
What really irks me is that you have all these bleeding hearts that say we are not allowed to punish criminals that do stuff like this.
Name one person who has said crimes like these should not be punished.

Quote:
Saying that we are inhuman and these criminals have rights. If you ask me i say they lost their rights when they did the shit they did (murder, rape, molestation, etc). And we pay for them with our tax money for them to sit in jail eating healthier with cable tv and all free of charge. What is wrong with this picture?
Eat healthier? Have you ever had prison food?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamateo76 View Post
I agree. I saw that show "locked up" and they showed a guy that his cell was so comfortable that I couldn't believe he was in prison for murder. He had a single cell, color tv, he had books, painting supplies, and even had his own coffee maker, and nook for snacks. Are these people serious? Now I know not all prisons are like that. But there's homeless people with mental illness that live and die in the streets every day and yet these murdering scumbags get a free ride in prison with our tax dollars.
In most, if not all, facilities, the offender has to pay for anything beyond the bed. cell, and his clothes. The TV, coffeemaker, snacks, etc. all are purchased, not given.

What people don't understand is that you cannot lock someone up in a confined space for an extended period of time. Morally, it's reprehensible (and don't give me that BS that there are no rights--people never give up certain basic rights no matter what they do.) Pragmatically, it's dangerous--as the old saw goes, idle hands are the devil's work. You would not want to be a CO at a facility where the population is extremely bored.

I deal with this type of person all day--I make a pretty good living ensuring that they get investigated, prosecuted and convicted of very serious crimes. I have no qualms about what type of people many inmates are. That doesn't change the fact that there are so many misconceptions about what really happens in prison.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:17 PM

BadInfluence has a spectacular aura aboutBadInfluence has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt35F View Post
Name one person who has said crimes like these should not be punished.

Eat healthier? Have you ever had prison food?

In most, if not all, facilities, the offender has to pay for anything beyond the bed. cell, and his clothes. The TV, coffeemaker, snacks, etc. all are purchased, not given.

What people don't understand is that you cannot lock someone up in a confined space for an extended period of time. Morally, it's reprehensible (and don't give me that BS that there are no rights--people never give up certain basic rights no matter what they do.) Pragmatically, it's dangerous--as the old saw goes, idle hands are the devil's work. You would not want to be a CO at a facility where the population is extremely bored.

I deal with this type of person all day--I make a pretty good living ensuring that they get investigated, prosecuted and convicted of very serious crimes. I have no qualms about what type of people many inmates are. That doesn't change the fact that there are so many misconceptions about what really happens in prison.
Do you not watch TV? That's all you ever see on that 20/20 or CNN, MSN etc. Is them talking about how the prison system needs this and that, and how they are getting treated better then even the middle class in this country.

Now I have never been to prison but from what I see on the outside they(the inmates) seem pretty pampered.

And if the inmates are gonna be that bad cooped up, tough shiot. They should have thought about that before they raped some child, or mass murdered a family.

Call me a heartless bitch but I think if a criminal does something (murder, etc) and is found guilty they should have to go through they same shit they put their victim through. Then maybe we wouldn't have the murder rate we do.

Or even pick up how the Chinese deal with crime. You get caught stealing you loose a finger. If that won't deter crime then we're just screwed.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:49 PM

Vehicle: '05 5.7L 4x4 off road
Trim Level: SLT Laramie
Color: Blue w/ Silver trim
Rep:20
c5driver is on a distinguished road

you can say what you like about people in prisons and the police do their job and the criminals are serving the time for the crime they committed.

But..........

If somebody did something to my child or wife.....the judicial system would not have a say in the punishment. and the police would not be called until the person who committed the crime was dealt with.....and good luck finding the body!
Old 01-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Do you not watch TV?
No. I just spend a fair amount of my time inside prisons.

Quote:
That's all you ever see on that 20/20 or CNN, MSN etc. Is them talking about how the prison system needs this and that, and how they are getting treated better then even the middle class in this country.

Now I have never been to prison but from what I see on the outside they(the inmates) seem pretty pampered.
Then don't watch so much TV.

Quote:
And if the inmates are gonna be that bad cooped up, tough shiot. They should have thought about that before they raped some child, or mass murdered a family.
So, you want to be the CO killed because someone has nothing else better to do?
Old 01-09-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt35F View Post
No. I just spend a fair amount of my time inside prisons.

Then don't watch so much TV.

So, you want to be the CO killed because someone has nothing else better to do?
I can understand your pov with you being inside. But from the outside view of not being in there this is what we see.

I'm not saying that the CO should be killed. I'm saying the criminals should be shipped to a remote island for them to killed each other and no one else.

I actually feel bad for the officers/people that have to work in prisions with those skum bags.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
I can understand your pov with you being inside. But from the outside view of not being in there this is what we see.
That's what I'm trying to say...you can't rely on what you see to be representative. Everything you see or hear is designed to drive up the numbers of people who see or hear it. Thus, you either get really good stories or really bad ones.

There are abuses of the system and sometimes it is quite egregious (google Richard Speck and Gangster Disciples.) However, when it comes down to it, we as a society need to hold ourselves to a higher standard than those who act in this way. By treating them as subhuman, we devalue ourselves as well.

There have been plenty of rapists/murderers/child molesters with I've had the "pleasure" of becoming acquainted. Believe me, especially after seeing the details of crimes like that, you want to do something horrible to them. You can't, though, because then you have to ask yourself if you are any better than them.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:45 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 SS/T
Color: White with blue racing stripes.
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:20
atvredneck13 is on a distinguished road

Thats real sad... People who do that are seriously f!@#ed up. I would do the same as most of you to whoever threatened my family. I would kill or die for my friends and family without second thought.

The death penalty also needs to be brought back AND USED, because there is without a doubt way to many murderers sitting in jail eating better food than I am in school. Most probably have it better in jail then they do out in the streets.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:16 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiezl Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie 4x2
Color: Blue Streak Pearl Coat
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:432
MightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really nice

Except for the part about getting stabbed or drilled in the rear at any moment. I guess besides that...they don't have many responsibilities to worry about.

Ok so maybe the ones with families and kids do have something to worry about. But they should have been doing the right thing to begin with so no I don't feel bad.

Last edited by MightyBlueRam; 01-09-2010 at 07:39 PM.