DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-22-2014, 01:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram 4x4 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:531
Flatlandor is a glorious beacon of lightFlatlandor is a glorious beacon of lightFlatlandor is a glorious beacon of lightFlatlandor is a glorious beacon of lightFlatlandor is a glorious beacon of lightFlatlandor is a glorious beacon of light

Thats a bummer! Sorry to hear. Sad how it only takes a second of carelessness to screw something up and don't we all know it!

Reminded me of the time YEARS ago when waterbeds were all the rage and I did the exact same thing. Yep. And you thought you had a mess...

2014 Laramie QC 4x4, tan interior, 3.92's, sport hood, customized Moto Metal wheels & AT tires, LineX bed, rockers and fender flares, K&N Filter, cabin filter, "black ice" grill inserts, Putco bed rails, RollBac tonneau cover, LED bed lights, Mufflex 14" with Mufflex resonator and stock resonators, Moroso catch can and a "matching" 2008 special edition "Will Cooksey" Z06 - #139 of 505.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1464
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlandor View Post
Thats a bummer! Sorry to hear. Sad how it only takes a second of carelessness to screw something up and don't we all know it!

Reminded me of the time YEARS ago when waterbeds were all the rage and I did the exact same thing. Yep. And you thought you had a mess...
Yes, I thought I had a mess until you said that! The mental image you portray is nothing short of hilarious.. I do apologize for having a laugh on your account, however it is unavoidable. Thank you for sharing your story and bringing me up out of my self-imposed duldrum.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:43 PM
Ram Ham

KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Well, I shall soon be receiving a package in the mail from Bully's Performance. Thanks to BP for sponsoring the MotM, I realized I had a coupon to use from winning a few months back (yeah, I am that slow) so I used it to get myself a bright and shiny catch can. Here's hoping I can figure out how to install it since my husband is, once again, out of town on business. When I asked if the can came with instructions, the answer was no but Eric did say they would see about scrounging some up for me though. So here's hoping!
Old 03-09-2014, 05:24 PM
My Truck Stinks!!!!!!!!!!

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: True Blue
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:14
Medic860 is on a distinguished road

Its pretty easy. If you get stuck hit us up, we can walk you through it.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:18 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2454
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic860 View Post
Its pretty easy. If you get stuck hit us up, we can walk you through it.
^^^^ what he said. It's one bolt to the engine block, remove the existing hose from the PCV valve and run hoses from same locations to each side of the catch can. Here's a pic of where it goes.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:53 PM
Ram Ham

Thanks you guys for your willingness to help a girl out Once I have the can in hand and can look at my engine bay and your pictures simultaneously, I think it will make more sense then. I am a multi-level learner so I need to touch, see and read to have anything sink in and make sense lol!
Old 03-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Ram Ham

Soooo.. I've got me a new box o' shiny things. Not sure if I want to install them quite yet though as I haven't decided what type of protective spray or coverings to put on them to help keep them nice 'n shiny.

Waiting for my catch can to arrive from BP and then that will be a fantastic way to spend an afternoon (yeah, y'all say it takes 30min.. but I am a perfectionist and not very familiar with the engine compartment.. so I believe it will take me and Jack a bit longer than most).

Also have a lead on an ARE tonneau cover. Found a local who is selling one. It's even in Mineral Gray. Guy listed it for $150 and did mention that there is a broken hinge but can be replaced. Anyone familiar with these covers enough to tell me if a hinge can be replaced easily and for not much money?
Old 03-13-2014, 11:33 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA1OTE View Post
Soooo.. I've got me a new box o' shiny things. Not sure if I want to install them quite yet though as I haven't decided what type of protective spray or coverings to put on them to help keep them nice 'n shiny.

Waiting for my catch can to arrive from BP and then that will be a fantastic way to spend an afternoon (yeah, y'all say it takes 30min.. but I am a perfectionist and not very familiar with the engine compartment.. so I believe it will take me and Jack a bit longer than most).

Also have a lead on an ARE tonneau cover. Found a local who is selling one. It's even in Mineral Gray. Guy listed it for $150 and did mention that there is a broken hinge but can be replaced. Anyone familiar with these covers enough to tell me if a hinge can be replaced easily and for not much money?
The important part is that you've got Jack to help you. So, who cares how long it takes. The longer you take, the better acquainted you and Jack get. Looking forward to the new box o' shiny things installed.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram 1500, 2000 Ram
Trim Level: Laramie, SLT
Color: Red/Grey
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:69
slimpartywagon will become famous soon enough

any updates Kate?
Old 04-18-2014, 12:56 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimpartywagon View Post
any updates Kate?
Yes, Kai, any updates? Haven't heard from you in a while. Missing your charming forum presence.