DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion All about Off-Road in here! From prep to execution! Let us know how you roll Off Road in your Dodge Ram Truck!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-03-2014, 12:06 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1945
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGDRam View Post
Thats not a level kit. I think its just a lift kit.
On Stock ram from end i lower then rear.
If you lift them with same height,still the front end will be lower.
Almost all lift kits provide 1-2" less lift on the back than the front to try get rid of some of the rake. That's what the OP is referring to. Obviously his kit does not do that....

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 02-03-2014, 01:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Ram 1500 & 2004 2500 5.9
Trim Level: Bighorn & SLT
Color: Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:19
Harter is on a distinguished road

spacers would work pretty good, I suggest hell bent, but to keep it all the same brand go with pro comp
Old 02-03-2014, 02:46 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1945
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harter View Post
spacers would work pretty good, I suggest hell bent, but to keep it all the same brand go with pro comp
You can't stack spacers on top of spacers.... terrible idea.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 02-04-2014, 02:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
dilligaf5050 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the advice... I am trying to get the dealer to help figure this out too, but the trek to the dealer is long and about $120 or more in gas... I will prob just end up replacing the front shocks, on my own dime, before the dealership will come through...
Old 02-15-2014, 11:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT 4x4
Color: Silver
colbyscameron is on a distinguished road

i just sent this to another thread that addressed the same question, so i'll do a little copy/paste action here lol:

this problem is extremely common in the 4th gen rams. the issue is this: 4th generation rams have soft rear suspension because they are only 1/2 ton pickups. because of this, they designed the rear to sit a little higher so that when weight is added to the back of the truck, it will sit level as opposed to sagging in the rear. knowing this, procomp designed their lifts to keep the tail end a little higher since it uses the stock rear springs in the lift kit. when you couple those two engineering pieces together, it leaves you with a truck that has a very noticeable front end rake. the easiest way around this is to add some bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks to the front to raise up the front end. the only issue i have with doing so is that it will affect your front end geometry and put your half shafts at a steeper angle which could hurt the performance and longevity of your front end because they are not engineered to run at a high angle like that.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Red
dilligaf5050 is on a distinguished road

So after working with dealer, hundreds of miles driven, rental cars( free) and countless "head scratchers"... my truck, now, sits more level and looks a bunch better... the long and short is...the contractor, the dealer hired to install the lift was fired shortly after he installed my lift, due to shotty work...( who would'a thunk)... after some haggle, the dealer did the *work and fixed the lift...

*the work:
So apparently one of the reasons the front end of my truck sat so low was when the lift was installed the tie rods were not modified or replaced as necessary and maxed toed in... this basically wrenched the front end down and ruined my tires... so the dealer needed to get a special die from Dodge to modify the tie rods... this took a week of shipping and before mentioned head scratching... once they got the die the dealer cut almost an inch and a half off the tie rods and added more thread, this released the tension and lifted the front end about 1 3/4 inch... the dealer then threw on some new Mickey Thompson's and filled my gas tank and apologized for all the shenanigans and i was on my way!
Old 02-23-2014, 07:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:23
DonT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf5050 View Post
So after working with dealer, hundreds of miles driven, rental cars( free) and countless "head scratchers"... my truck, now, sits more level and looks a bunch better... the long and short is...the contractor, the dealer hired to install the lift was fired shortly after he installed my lift, due to shotty work...( who would'a thunk)... after some haggle, the dealer did the *work and fixed the lift...

*the work:
So apparently one of the reasons the front end of my truck sat so low was when the lift was installed the tie rods were not modified or replaced as necessary and maxed toed in... this basically wrenched the front end down and ruined my tires... so the dealer needed to get a special die from Dodge to modify the tie rods... this took a week of shipping and before mentioned head scratching... once they got the die the dealer cut almost an inch and a half off the tie rods and added more thread, this released the tension and lifted the front end about 1 3/4 inch... the dealer then threw on some new Mickey Thompson's and filled my gas tank and apologized for all the shenanigans and i was on my way!
This sounds like a happy ending. Hopefully this is the end of your trouble with it.