DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-28-2014, 02:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Please disregard the lifetime drivetrain warranty issue. I was thrown off by the dates 3/5 vs 5/3 inspection expiration date. That is clearly showing that I have a 60 day grace period after my purchase date...sorry guys. Thanks goes to Pedro Dog if you ever pass through here for bringing it to my attention.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 4 x 4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
ftckc is on a distinguished road

I'm having the same issue, local dealer stated that he knew nothing of this issue. He did quote me 2500.00! I stated are you kidding "for two bolts"! Local shop is concerned about breaking the bolts off in the head and turning this into a big mess. Its very embarrassing to drive this beautiful truck sounding like a hunk of junk! I'm very thankful for this forum. I will return to the dealership with paperwork in hand and see what he states now!
Old 05-27-2014, 04:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 4wd 5.7 He
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Blue
DKSDonnie is on a distinguished road

I had my bolts fixed at around 25,000 miles at no charge because it was covered for 3 reasons. 3/36,000-It's a TSB- It's covered under the powertrain warranty. I now have 79,000 and it did it again. Took it in this morning and they fixed again no charge because it is a TSB and it's covered under my Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. If they are telling you it will cost you then your vehicle must not fall in any of the requirements for the TSB/Recall to apply. You can run the vin online and there is a list of all the TSB's and Recalls on your vehicle up to this point. I took my Ram in one time and the dealer did some TSB's on the truck that I didn't even know were out. Also, Some TSB's/Recalls are INSPECT and Reapir if needed and some are Repair/Replace no matter if the condition is there or not. They replaced my tie rods whether they were bad or not.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Grey
ColonelGet is on a distinguished road

I've had the exhaust tick for a couple of months now. Took mine in today to have recall N08 performed and gave them the TSB for the exhaust. They quoted me $1100 to fix it.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: RAM 1500 4x4 2009
Trim Level: laramie
Color: black
bubb5561 is on a distinguished road
Default exhaust manifold bolts

I have had the exhaust tick for 3 months now, called local Dodge dealer and it's not a recall item even though they have new style bolts.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Color: BLK
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
MA3 is on a distinguished road

So I bought my 2009 RAM 1500 about 2 years ago for a great deal at a local Nissan dealership in the Phoenix area. Although I got a great truck for a great price( 5.7 HEMI all the options except 4X4 and heated seats and the truck only had 22K miles on it) they sold me on an extended protection plan through them with MPP and I thought it was a good deal incase anything goes out on the truck. Lets be honest with new trucks now a days its hard leaving a mechanic for less then $400 bucks if anything goes out. So I too have recently had the ticking/exhaust leak. Since I'm the 2nd owner I don't have the power train warranty and this POS warranty company will not cover the work because its the Manifolds that are covered not the bolts and gaskets... . My local Dodge dealerships will not cover it either because even though they have designed new bolts for the exhaust manifolds dodge won't call it a "recall". So I have decided to just spend the extra couple hundred and just go for a shorty headers if they have to come off anyway. This is my .02 on the issue.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram
Color: black
ntvtxns is on a distinguished road

Just took mine to dealer here in Texarkana and was charged 600 dollars to replace the bolts. They knew about the issue and actually stated " we have reapaired many of these" . Dealer would not accept my argument that this was ridiculous to charge me for an issue that is a known problem. They were very pleased to accept my money however.
To top things off , when I picked up my truck ,the mechanic had left my steering linkage loose . I mean the bolt that tightens the steering column to the linkage was about to fall out and very noticeable as I had 2 inches worth of slop in the steering. I tightened the bolt myself then called them. They came and and looked at it and said it was fine and actually made my wife and I feel as if we were being deceitful .
All I can say is I will never take any of my cars to the Texarkana dealership again nor buy anything from them ever again.

Last edited by ntvtxns; 10-23-2014 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: silver
anniegreensprings is on a distinguished road
Default Exhaust Bolts

I have 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 and just in the last week i noticed a loud ticking noise from under the passengers side of the truck when i first start it up when engine is cold. thought it might be in the valve train but it quiets down after 20 - 30 seconds when the engine starts to warm up. after reading this forum and finding out how many 5.7 Hemis have this problem with broken Exhaust bolts, and Chrysler knew about this issue, that they would replace the bolts for no charge. how many other parts that are defective and they;re not telling the consumer are out there. my god, one has to wonder. Chrysler should step up and take care of this issue by even meeting the customers halfway if not the total bill, to fix this. we're all not made of money like Chrysler thinks we the owner of these trucks are.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Blue
Grimminck11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniegreensprings View Post
I have 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 and just in the last week i noticed a loud ticking noise from under the passengers side of the truck when i first start it up when engine is cold. thought it might be in the valve train but it quiets down after 20 - 30 seconds when the engine starts to warm up. after reading this forum and finding out how many 5.7 Hemis have this problem with broken Exhaust bolts, and Chrysler knew about this issue, that they would replace the bolts for no charge. how many other parts that are defective and they;re not telling the consumer are out there. my god, one has to wonder. Chrysler should step up and take care of this issue by even meeting the customers halfway if not the total bill, to fix this. we're all not made of money like Chrysler thinks we the owner of these trucks are.
This is the same situation I have, passenger ticks when cold then goes away as it warms up, it must be a small enough gap that the metal expands an closes the gap when warm
Old 11-03-2014, 12:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500 ST
Trim Level: ST
Color: Austin Tan Pearl
huntert is on a distinguished road

Ditto on this although I had heard of people putting new headers on the truck and the sound is still there.
Westin black step bars, Diablo intune, 35x12.50x18 Nitto Trail Grapplers, 18x9 -12 offset MAYHEM CHAOS wheels. 2.5 inch dual exhaust with a custom made x-pipe before dual dynomax race bullets, topped off with rectangle tips.