DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 > Exhaust

Notices

Exhaust 5.7 HEMI Exhaust Discussion

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-07-2014, 12:32 PM
R A M M S T E I N

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC Hemi
Trim Level: Sportabulous
Color: White
Rep:580
RAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to all
Exclamation ARH header installation - beware dipstick!

Well I'm at the shop getting all my performance mods installed.

The headers drew some looks of frustration. I asked what was up and my mechanic indicated dip stick was in the way and to remove entailed removing a motor mount. I suggested we call ARH support to verify and my mechanic disappeared and when he returned he announced it was an 8+ hr job. The one bolts right up but the dipstick side is a bigger on the '14's.

Figured the next guy might appreciate knowing .

My mechanic said it'll be done by days end. I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

Var

* 2014 RAM Sport CC* BDS 6" Suspension* Fox 2.5 Coil-over front * Fox 2.0 rear & Pro-Ride 3" coil* 3.92 Gearing* Fuel hostages in 20x9 +1
37x12.5R20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT2
* Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 * Cabin Air Filter
* ARH LT headers * Magnaflow catback/5" tips * 87mm Ported TB * Moroso Polished Catch Can*_QTP_electric_cutout_&_3"_turn_down * Legmaker Short Ram * S&B custom filter * Outerwears Pre-filter * Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau

Sponsored links
Old 03-07-2014, 01:07 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM357 View Post
Well I'm at the shop getting all my performance mods installed.

The headers drew some looks of frustration. I asked what was up and my mechanic indicated dip stick was in the way and to remove entailed removing a motor mount. I suggested we call ARH support to verify and my mechanic disappeared and when he returned he announced it was an 8+ hr job. The one bolts right up but the dipstick side is a bigger on the '14's.

Figured the next guy might appreciate knowing .

My mechanic said it'll be done by days end. I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

Var
Not sure if the 2014's are the same as the 12's but this is pretty much what all the 12 guys have to do.

"Oil dip stic k tube - (playing with this thing took the most time for me) Before mounting the headers, unbolt the oil d ip stick tube bracket at the engine b lock, the tube pulls straight up and out. I ended up cutting this little bracket off with a dremel to get it back in between the 3rd and 4th tubes; cut it, if you bend it off it will leave holes in the tube. the tube takes some finessing to fit it back after the header install. You shouldnt have to bend it much, when you do bend it make sure the pressure is not on the portion that is inserted into the engine block; x2 the tube doesnt require much bending at all. I wouldnt recommend bending it in place; insert it into the engine block, position it centered between #3 and #4 tubes (not rubbing the tubes), mark where you need to bend, pull it, and bend it on something round; I used the 1ft drop from the OEM exhaust tube. After that bend you may need to bend the upper section away from the steering shaft to keep it off the boot, and up to make it easily accessible from the engine bay. I bent and clamped the long bracket on the tube to the A/C compresso r tube clamp instead of mounting it back to the header bolt."

source is not from bully's performance this was posted in a public place Z rules state I can not post the link sorry guys. However there are many many people that report back the same thing and have followed this guide for the dip stick issue, also might be worthy of note most who do the long tubes report back that the job took them between 8-12 hours to complete.

Like I said I do not know if it is the same on the 14's as the 12's and 13's as I have not had a chance to look under the hood of a 14 yet.

Thanks
Jeremiah

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 03-07-2014, 04:00 PM
R A M M S T E I N

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC Hemi
Trim Level: Sportabulous
Color: White
Rep:580
RAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to all

Well knocked down that obstacle and re-routed a few things. Now if I only had 4' of the premium SS straight pipe

That's the gap between the ARH'S and the Magnaflow catback.

Might tcut and tack part of the OEM pipe for now. Don't want to use the cheaper stock pipe as a permanent solution.

Should have ordered that piece from Maggy. No one in town carries the good stuff.

Var

* 2014 RAM Sport CC* BDS 6" Suspension* Fox 2.5 Coil-over front * Fox 2.0 rear & Pro-Ride 3" coil* 3.92 Gearing* Fuel hostages in 20x9 +1
37x12.5R20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT2
* Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 * Cabin Air Filter
* ARH LT headers * Magnaflow catback/5" tips * 87mm Ported TB * Moroso Polished Catch Can*_QTP_electric_cutout_&_3"_turn_down * Legmaker Short Ram * S&B custom filter * Outerwears Pre-filter * Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau

Old 03-07-2014, 04:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you can answer this one for me. Do the ARH headers move the cross over pipe that goes under the transmission pan?

Really interested in these but I have already had some custom work done that might make these even more of a challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM357 View Post
Well knocked down that obstacle and re-routed a few things. Now if I only had 4' of the premium SS straight pipe

That's the gap between the ARH'S and the Magnaflow catback.

Might tcut and tack part of the OEM pipe for now. Don't want to use the cheaper stock pipe as a permanent solution.

Should have ordered that piece from Maggy. No one in town carries the good stuff.

Var

Chrome... in moderation.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC 6spd
Trim Level: SRT10 RC
Color: Brilliant black
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:145
05ram will become famous soon enough05ram will become famous soon enough

Sometimes headers just are not worth it, I know for my truck they cost over $2,000 plus labor and mids for 30hp????????? Are you kidding..........
2004 SRT10 RC in black, with 500+HP, B&G Stage2 PCM, K&N drop in, JMB Catless mids, JTSVP Gen1 shifter, all synthetic fluids, lots of underhood billet with a Snakeskin radiator cover from JTSHydro, LED tails, BedRug, colormatched tonneau!!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2014, 08:55 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3272
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Or you can leave the dipstick where it is and slowly cook it like I have When it gets warmer I'm going to bend the tube a bit and wrap it in some header wrap to protect the next dipstick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arth View Post
Maybe you can answer this one for me. Do the ARH headers move the cross over pipe that goes under the transmission pan?

Really interested in these but I have already had some custom work done that might make these even more of a challenge.
There was no issue with my '07 with the ARH kit when it came to tranny pan clearance. Now, on the '09 I have a deep pan and not even the stock mids cleared the pan so I just ordered the headers and had my exhaust guy fab up custom mids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05ram View Post
Sometimes headers just are not worth it, I know for my truck they cost over $2,000 plus labor and mids for 30hp????????? Are you kidding..........
Man, the Viper Tax is crazy on headers. I'd still install them myself just to save a buck then drive it to my muffler shop to build the mids... same thing I did with my ARH.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:12 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:83
Talon66 will become famous soon enough

As stated, the simple solution is to bend the dipstick. It's not like youre going to break it
Mods: 4500K HID headlights(55w) & Fogs(35w), Custom Dual Relay Harnesses, Tinted, Debadged, blacked out emblems, Stainless Works LT Headers, Magnaflow #12569, Kicker Soundgate, Diablo DCX - HF Tuned
Old 03-07-2014, 09:24 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC 6spd
Trim Level: SRT10 RC
Color: Brilliant black
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:145
05ram will become famous soon enough05ram will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
Or you can leave the dipstick where it is and slowly cook it like I have When it gets warmer I'm going to bend the tube a bit and wrap it in some header wrap to protect the next dipstick.

There was no issue with my '07 with the ARH kit when it came to tranny pan clearance. Now, on the '09 I have a deep pan and not even the stock mids cleared the pan so I just ordered the headers and had my exhaust guy fab up custom mids.

Man, the Viper Tax is crazy on headers. I'd still install them myself just to save a buck then drive it to my muffler shop to build the mids... same thing I did with my ARH.
Still not worth 30hp for $2,000.00
2004 SRT10 RC in black, with 500+HP, B&G Stage2 PCM, K&N drop in, JMB Catless mids, JTSVP Gen1 shifter, all synthetic fluids, lots of underhood billet with a Snakeskin radiator cover from JTSHydro, LED tails, BedRug, colormatched tonneau!!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2014, 09:26 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3272
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05ram View Post
Still not worth 30hp for $2,000.00
Close to what I've spent on mine so far between purchase, coating, and fabbing the mids. Worth it to me since I'm running 12-15psi from a procharger and I want all the outflow I can get.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:55 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Crew Cab 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport Max
Color: Red
Rep:108
AlmostSleezy will become famous soon enoughAlmostSleezy will become famous soon enough

Yup, had the same headache when we got to the dipstick. Literally took hours and massive amount of frustration on that one bolt.

All ordered from Bully's Performance.
Best 0-60mph in 5.61 seconds.