DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram Special Edition Models > Dodge Ram R/T

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-24-2014, 11:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram R/T BSP
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Carcrazyguy is on a distinguished road
Default 14 Ram R/T...price paid?

Looking at truck that has a listed invoice (NADA) of 34274. Is that pretty close to what you paid for your 14 R/T?

From what others "claim" to be getting..(MSRP OF 37195)
invoice............ 34274
-3% hold back.... 1028.22
-rebate............. 1500
should sell for... 31754.78

Sponsored links
Old 03-24-2014, 11:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
LanceTX is on a distinguished road

Mine had an MSRP of $37,535 and I paid $31,550 after rebate. Just like anything else, I'm sure some did better and some did worse than that though.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:01 AM

BTW, I noticed you were in the DFW area too, so I wanted to post the link from the dealer I got mine from as a reference for you to go by as this one is virtually the same price as what I got 2 months ago. Good luck in finding one you like at a good price too.

Ram 1500 R/T
Old 03-25-2014, 12:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Thanks! I will call them in the morning and see if they can order one like what we want!
Old 03-25-2014, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazyguy View Post
Thanks! I will call them in the morning and see if they can order one like what we want!
They are a "sister dealership" with Dallas Dodge (and possibly others in the area as well) which has a handful of R/Ts in stock themselves as well as a couple of Sport 4x4 RCSB trucks also, so just ask them to make you the same kind of deal on one of theirs if they happen to have one in stock there that you want too.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I tried to buy from my local dealer here in Fort Worth today. They traded for the one that Dallas Dodge had (blue streak pearl). We had been looking for one since December. The truck came in last week to Dallas Dodge. I should have just gone over and tried to deal with them. However I was trying to buy from the dealer closest to me (for service). We went to deal on the truck and the salesman (knowing we were coming in) told me they had already traded Dallas Dodge for the truck because they did not want it to slip away since we had been looking for so long. I went in with the figures listed above and we were $4k apart. So we walked....

Last edited by Carcrazyguy; 03-25-2014 at 01:06 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:19 AM

Quote:
I tried to buy from my local dealer here in Fort Worth today. They traded for the one that Dallas Dodge had (blue streak pearl). We had been looking for one since December. The truck came in last week to Dallas Dodge. I should have just gone over and tried to deal with them. However I was trying to buy from the dealer closest to me (for service). We went to deal on the truck and the salesman (knowing we were coming in) told me they had already traded Dallas Dodge for the truck because they did not want it to slip away since we had been looking for so long. I went in with the figures listed above and we were $4k apart. So we walked....
Dang, that really is unfortunate since they now have the one in the color you are wanting and took it away from Dallas Dodge. That dealer over there wouldn't happen to have the initials of "A.S." would it? If so, I know first hand how lousy they are as I tried to buy a Charger from them almost 3 years ago and they were one of the worst dealers I've ever had the misfortune of ever trying to do business with. I ended up going to a different dealer the next day and got that same Charger for almost $2,000 less than what they wanted to charge me. I chalked it up as a lesson learned and I will never even attempt to do any business with them ever again.

As for the dealer in Rockwall, all I can say is that they shot straight with me and they honored the price on their website without any issues, so I had no complaints with them at all. Of course I did buy mine straight off of their lot because it just happened to have the equipment that I wanted already. My first choice color wise was actually Maximum Steel, but the Black was a close second for me anyway and since everything else including the price was what I wanted, I just went on ahead and took what they had in stock there right then.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Nope it was Moritz. They are less than 5 miles from me. Salesman and everyone were very nice. They just said they could not sell one for the price we wanted. Also they said they had no idea how or why I came up with my numbers. I said NADA and researching what others paid. So I will try to order one somewhere else.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Nope it was Moritz. They are less than 5 miles from me. Salesman and everyone were very nice. They just said they could not sell one for the price we wanted. Also they said they had no idea how or why I came up with my numbers. I said NADA and researching what others paid. So I will try to order one somewhere else.
Well, it's simply because they choose not to sell one for that price is all, because people actually are getting around $6,000 off the MSRP on those particular trucks at some dealers at least. Just keep us posted on how things turn out please and best of luck to you.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram R/T
Aggie86 is on a distinguished road

Ordered an R/T three weeks ago. Pretty well optioned with Rambox. MSRP $39,3xx. Paying $31,500 plus TT&L which includes $1000 manufacturers rebate, $500 military rebate, $500 finance rebate, $500 Ram brocure rebate and $500 buisness owner's rebate for the Rambox. Its scheduled for production and should be "born" any day now. Its my first Ram. Coming over from Ford as they dont make a regular cab truck in the high trim options. Looked at a Tremor but wildly overpriced at $43,000 in 4x2. I have to say, I think the R/T is alot more bang for the buck.