DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-11-2014, 01:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 4X4 Crew CAb
Trim Level: LoneStar Rambox
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:74
ghorn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
Hmmmn... I wonder...
I added two LED cluster type lights under my tonneau cover and tied them into my cargo light wiring. They work just fine...except occasionally they don't. I first noticed that occasionally the "illuminated entry" feature did not work reliably. In other words, the cargo light would not illuminate when using the key fob.
Here's how they fail: If the truck is running with headlights on...and I turn on the cargo light using the switch by the headlight switch...the cargo light flickers one time and dies. It will be a week before the cargo light will work again. Then... If the truck is NOT running the cargo light works fine. But if I start the truck, turn the headlights on, and then request the cargo light... it flashes just momentarily...goes out for another week.
Anyone believe this has anything to do with the LED lights in parallel to the cargo light?
Ok, Issue resolved: The TIPM thinks the circuit is shorted due to the increased electrical loads placed by the cargo bedlights. Fix: Install/Insert a relay to join the bedlights to the circuit, so that bedlights are still controlled by cargo light switch and illuminated entry feature, but actually obtain power directly from the battery thru a dedicated fuse.
Hope this helps anyone else with this sort of issue.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:42
tonw07 is on a distinguished road

Where are you guys finding these 100 ohm 1 Watt resistors? I can find a bunch of 1/4 watt resistors but am having difficulty with the 1 watt.

Found them on amazon!
http://www.amazon.com/100-Ohm-Flamep.../dp/B0002ZOYA0

Bilstein 5100's, 20" SRT10's, 34.1x10.8 Toyo ATII's, Truxedo Deuce Tonneau Cover, DiabloSport I1000 inTune, S&B CAI, Swing Case,Window Deflectors,
12" Kicker Sub, Mopar Front Floor Mats, Mopar Mud Flaps, BugFlector, Tinted Tails, 14" Black Billet Antenna, LED Cargo Lights, DeeZee tailgate assist.

Last edited by tonw07; 05-20-2014 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Found them on Amazon
Old 05-20-2014, 01:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:42
tonw07 is on a distinguished road

So my interior lights are different then the ones on Post #5. Mine are the old fuse looking light with the metal on both ends. I should still be able to solder this resistor to each end of the bulp to fix this issue if I'm thinking right correct?

Bilstein 5100's, 20" SRT10's, 34.1x10.8 Toyo ATII's, Truxedo Deuce Tonneau Cover, DiabloSport I1000 inTune, S&B CAI, Swing Case,Window Deflectors,
12" Kicker Sub, Mopar Front Floor Mats, Mopar Mud Flaps, BugFlector, Tinted Tails, 14" Black Billet Antenna, LED Cargo Lights, DeeZee tailgate assist.