DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-21-2014, 08:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram !500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Kingface is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinebeatle View Post
So are you spraying oil under the body?? Ive heard of people doing that but was not sure if it was true. If you are oiling under there can you explain the process to me--Many thanks
Would like to know how to do this as well!
Old 04-21-2014, 11:40 AM

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT ++++
pinebeatle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingface View Post
Would like to know how to do this as well!
Yes Very much so --Cheers
Old 04-21-2014, 12:51 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2793
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Silver is the easiest colour to live with. I'll admit that I wasn't huge on Silver when i picked my truck up, but it has grown on me. My bud's with black trucks are always asking if I washed my truck, they are shocked when I tell them its been 3 weeks. They barely get down the road without becoming dirty again.
Tow mirrors up for the haters
Old 04-21-2014, 09:37 PM

Vehicle: 2008 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: sxt
Color: red
hslager69 is on a distinguished road

Ya i spay everything under the truck with fluid film,fluid film can be sprayed on rubber components as it won't hurt them.You have to get in every nook and cranny,the rust prone spots are above rear wheels,front box corners ,cab corners and front fenders.A lot of guys bring their trucks into so called professionals to get oiled but 99 % of them don't get complete coverage in the critical areas.the area above rear wheels is a bad area,there is the outer sheet metal then an inner support that traps dirt and moisture ,the oil has to get between there most shops don't bother.I now have a hoist so i have an easier time oiling it but it is possible to do it on the ground as i have done it for years .you can do it with fluid film sold at most hardware stores in aresol cans but i now buy it in 5 gallon pails.in the USA you can get it here- http://www.kellsportproducts.com I also spray inside the doors ,you have to drill a few access holes but you can buy plastic plugs,Id rather have to drill a few holes and oil than not bother and deal with rust.When i do buy a new truck i will oil it right away

Last edited by hslager69; 04-21-2014 at 09:43 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:37 AM

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT ++++
pinebeatle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hslager69 View Post
Ya i spay everything under the truck with fluid film,fluid film can be sprayed on rubber components as it won't hurt them.You have to get in every nook and cranny,the rust prone spots are above rear wheels,front box corners ,cab corners and front fenders.A lot of guys bring their trucks into so called professionals to get oiled but 99 % of them don't get complete coverage in the critical areas.the area above rear wheels is a bad area,there is the outer sheet metal then an inner support that traps dirt and moisture ,the oil has to get between there most shops don't bother.I now have a hoist so i have an easier time oiling it but it is possible to do it on the ground as i have done it for years .you can do it with fluid film sold at most hardware stores in aresol cans but i now buy it in 5 gallon pails.in the USA you can get it here- http://www.kellsportproducts.com I also spray inside the doors ,you have to drill a few access holes but you can buy plastic plugs,Id rather have to drill a few holes and oil than not bother and deal with rust.When i do buy a new truck i will oil it right away
Many thanks Sir-- I think I will do this for sure. When drilling holes in door where do you start? and do you do every year or every two years or is one application the norm? Cheers

Last edited by pinebeatle; 04-22-2014 at 12:40 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:00 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Lonestar
Color: Red
Rep:21
Baldielox is on a distinguished road

I'd get the color you like, you're probably going to have to look at it every day, and do whatever it takes to prevent rust. Krown for one example.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:19 AM

Vehicle: 2008 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: sxt
Color: red
hslager69 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinebeatle View Post
Many thanks Sir-- I think I will do this for sure. When drilling holes in door where do you start? and do you do every year or every two years or is one application the norm? Cheers
Drill in the lower portion of the door just above the rounded corner so you will be spraying straight in approx 3-4" above bottom of door,i spray once a year.