DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases

Notices

Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases News regarding the Dodge Ram and other industry info. Post it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-17-2014, 08:58 AM
The Dark Knight

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Charger Blacktop
Trim Level: SXT Plus
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:10
DarkKn1ght is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DarkKn1ght

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
and close how many dealers? i would have to see the "books" before i could decide which to ax.
They are all the same car. All you need is Chevy for normal level cars and Cadillac for luxury cars.

2013 Dodge Charger SXT+ Blacktop Edition
Mid-Atlantic Modern Mopars
Old 04-19-2014, 03:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

of course they are all the same, but if buicks are selling well and at a profit, why D/C.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2003 Ram 2500 diesel
Trim Level: SLT
Color: gray
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 235hp 460lb/ft (manual and auto)
coldwater is on a distinguished road

Well, Interestingly enough, My truck was involved in an accident a couple of weeks back, and the insurance company ponied up a 2014 Silverado 4X4 until my Ram comes home. It's a nice enough truck, lots of gadgets and gizmos that light up and tell you stuff. Ride is good, firm, and pretty responsive. Quiet cab, and the seats are comfy.
It also reeks of cheap. The quality of the materials in cab feel low quality, and the seating possissition is awful, placing my way too low. Engine is a bit noisy, and you can hear the tranny winding up all the way to the top. Overall, It's no where the feel of quality of my 11 year old Ram, and I wonder if it will hold up over the long run like the Ram did. It just dosen't "feel" like a truck to me. Too light and cheap. I see it as more of a chick truck, or something for someone in a suit that has given up on life.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:38 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram
Color: White
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:12
tweener439 is on a distinguished road

So following this thread my Dad's old saying seems both relevant and funny....GMC's are just Chevy's with lock washers.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:49 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Color: Deepwater Blue
Rep:127
Swaggerville Ram will become famous soon enoughSwaggerville Ram will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweener439 View Post
So following this thread my Dad's old saying seems both relevant and funny....GMC's are just Chevy's with lock washers.
I truly LOL'd at this comment

"I don't care to hear what your ideas are, mine are better"
Old 04-26-2014, 07:29 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab Sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:251
2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough

I guess the rumours or dodge and fellow companies going under aren't true lol
Old 04-29-2014, 01:15 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 CC Big Horn 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Dark Cherry Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
jimmerz is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys! I am a new Ram owner. The only other truck I ever owned was a 1999 Dodge Dakota. I have owned many different cars in my life (I am not Brand loyal!)

I started searching for a truck to use as a Tow Vehicle for a travel trailer. I looked at the Ram, Silverado, F150 and Tundra. I didn't give the Tundra much time mostly due to a guy I work with telling me he gets about 13mpg regular driving.

Out of the 3 main Trucks I truly liked the Ram the best. Best drive, best features and when trying to compare apples to apples, Ram BLEW the other 2 away in Price. Mostly because of rebates on the Big Horn this month I guess?

Mine stickered at $46,xxx and I was able to buy it for $37,xxx - THAT WAS HUGE!

I was least impressed with the Chevy which initially attracted me more because the redesign, and claim to have the best fuel economy in all the V8's? It did not ride as nice as the Ram and it felt like it had a lag and less power. I even told they guy where I was with the Ram and due to the fact that I liked the Ram better the only way I was going to consider the Silverado was going to be based on price. They couldn't even come close.

Good luck Chevy.

The Ford was nice and looks good but they are the #1 selling truck and also did not seem like they wanted to negotiate? I told that guy with the new models coming out soon and it being lighter and redesigned I would feel like I got ripped if I buy a brand new truck and a few months later the new model comes out and has many more features than the one I just bought, lol.

Ford lost out sort of by default / bad timing.

Funny thing is, I buy this truck to tow a TT I haven't purchased yet and NOW realize that most of the Campers we have been looking at are not ideal for my Ram...I should have bought the 2500!!!!!!

Oh well, a little smaller, less luxurious camper won't hurt anyone! I LOVE this Truck!
Old 04-30-2014, 10:41 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Trx4
Trim Level: TRX4
Color: INFERNO RED/GRAY
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
seppie10 is on a distinguished road

My input on GM's are that they are plagued by electrical gremlins for a very long time and the annoying 80,000 mile replacement parts from all suspension components to engine water pumps and radiator's. I have one up to 200,000 and I new I was getting close to doing it all over again. But from having a grandfather having owned all gm's in his lifetime I wanted to do the same. But since I have changed to dodge well I haven't looked back. I love the ram and everything about it. My cousin bought a 13 Silverado and it is just ugle and lacking interior quality by far as he said the same when we were hunting together. My ram is a 10 and he said wow wish my truck didn't have the plastic squeak when going down a dirt road. Oops on his part. My brother working for gm for 8 yrs and now works at Toyota and said what a difference in tech and innovation and customer satisfaction. His comment was you would never get this from gm. So ram owners have it take it for what its worth and from my point of view you are driving top shelf.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 crew cab 2wd
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:130
Mopar Big Horn will become famous soon enoughMopar Big Horn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by seppie10 View Post
My input on GM's are that they are plagued by electrical gremlins for a very long time and the annoying 80,000 mile replacement parts from all suspension components to engine water pumps and radiator's. I have one up to 200,000 and I new I was getting close to doing it all over again. But from having a grandfather having owned all gm's in his lifetime I wanted to do the same. But since I have changed to dodge well I haven't looked back. I love the ram and everything about it. My cousin bought a 13 Silverado and it is just ugle and lacking interior quality by far as he said the same when we were hunting together. My ram is a 10 and he said wow wish my truck didn't have the plastic squeak when going down a dirt road. Oops on his part. My brother working for gm for 8 yrs and now works at Toyota and said what a difference in tech and innovation and customer satisfaction. His comment was you would never get this from gm. So ram owners have it take it for what its worth and from my point of view you are driving top shelf.
Aww, the famous interior plastic squeaking sounds!!! I do not miss those sounds, even on smooth roads squeak here squeak there, so annoying. My 2003 GMC did that all the time and if I had a friend or somebody with me I would always try and hold or put pressure on the center arm rest to try and stop at least some of the squeaking. My dad (a GM guy) has a 2006 I think GMC and man does it squeak, so glad I don't have to listen to that everyday anymore.