DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-21-2014, 08:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black Gold Pearlcoat
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:38
rcmpvet is on a distinguished road

Not a bad thread, good read since I found it. I see that no one has posted links for Canada. Maybe some day I will, keeping in mind that for most provinces the offence sections fall under the Acts themselves and the equipment requirements are usually part of a Regulation, two different areas.

A little off-topic, but I do tend to be ANAL about Canadian history:

There are only 10 Provinces in Canada and 3 Territories. The North-West Territories was split to form the 3rd Territory of Nunavut, Yukon Territory was never split.

CdnoilRAM - You mentioned use of mud flaps, this has been ongoing in Alberta for close to 30 years. I am glad to see that the regulations have changed. The last time I was directed to enforce the provision was in 1990 by way of a memo from the HQ. I countered stating that to do so then each and every police vehicle was also in violation, based on the way the section was written.

Now the section is quite clear, passenger vehicles are exempt from the requirement. Additionally, the vehicle or mudflaps, when loaded, cannot be closer than 6 inches to the ground. I know you were told to put mudflaps on, but I am now curious, was your vehicle too close to the ground?
Old 07-12-2014, 01:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
Rep:72
RayK will become famous soon enough

Interesting thread. I always wondered if anyone has been ticketed for modifying the emiissions system including removal of the CAT? Seems there is a pretty hefty fine for that.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:23 PM

Vehicle: 1999 dodge ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: STQ
Color: butterscoth gold metalflake
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
dirt dauber is on a distinguished road

there is a hefty fine for cat removal

if you drive or trailer in a vehicle for exhaust work the exhaust shop will do any exhaust work you want if there is no catin place.
if your vehicle has cat's when brought into the shop,they will not remove them.
the fine is in the thousands if caught.
all aftermarket cats have serial numbers onthem so they can be tracked after purchase if need be.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:09 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: white
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:650
chefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayK View Post
Interesting thread. I always wondered if anyone has been ticketed for modifying the emiissions system including removal of the CAT? Seems there is a pretty hefty fine for that.
talk about heart attack...my truck is modded heavily and with gutted cats...not legal in any sense in Cali. Driving it to work one day I thought I was driving through a construction zone...turned out to be a mobile emissions test station complete with dyno. And of course i stick out like a sore thumb and I got singled out for random inspection... luckily, I didn't delete the cats, just hollowed it out. As the guy is talking to me, I watched as another walked around to passenger side and suddenly drop out of sight as he got down to inspect underneath. I thought for sure he would single out the headers and cutouts...then as luck would have it, he pops up and signals the ok sign to the guy I was talking to and he waved me on my way
Old 07-20-2014, 10:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Tippatah is on a distinguished road

Mobile emissions test station? Never heard of such a thing. Glad you came out clean
Old 07-20-2014, 10:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
Rep:72
RayK will become famous soon enough

@chefred112.

How do you get around the annual emissions check in CA?

My take since Minnesota doesn't check emissions, it's open season even though the laws address emission system tampering. Vendors can even be fined for selling a CAT replacement pipe in this state.

Doesn't FED regulation also have a heavy penalty for tampering?
Old 09-06-2014, 03:31 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
ELITE LIMIT is on a distinguished road

that is a nice thing to post for people. high 5!
Old 09-07-2014, 11:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Silver
Bubba 345 is on a distinguished road

In regards to mud flaps in Alberta, when I bought my 2011 Ram in March of 2011 there were no mud flaps on it. When I purchased my 2014 Ram in June of 2014 it had rear mud flaps on it, but only rear ones. I was told by my salesman that for a truck to be sold in Alberta, it has to have rear mud flaps on it.

Last edited by Bubba 345; 09-07-2014 at 11:55 PM.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 2500
Trim Level: SLT, 4X4
Color: Silver
Rep:18
Squish is on a distinguished road

This is awesome information, but there is something far more important as to whether a mod is Legal, or Illegal; does your insurance company know about the mod, and have THEY approved it.

A lot of insurance companies are not underwritten for modified vehicles. What makes this even worse, is most insurance brokers and agents will try to skirt this issue to not loose your business. Always contact your insurance provider DIRECTLY and ask if the will cover your modified vehicle. If you have an accident, and it turns out you have disallowed modifications, or EVEN WORSE, you failed to disclose this to your insurance company; not only can the insurance company cancel your policy without notice, your current claim can be denied. If it's a minor fender-bender, then no big deal I guess, but, BUT is there is bodily injury....your going to lose everything you own, and hope to own.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:00 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2793
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

If you have to question if the mod is legal or not, it is most likely not. Well it is not illegal until you get cought if a cop pulls me over for my tire offset, I would just love to get a picture of them measuring.
Apparently a truck 40 mins from me got pulled over by ministry of environment and was given a 160 dollar fine for a CAI. Their reason was because it didn't have a smog approval sticker on it. That's a new one to me.
Tow mirrors up for the haters