DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-22-2010, 09:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Charcoal
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:16
07dodgehemi is on a distinguished road
Default Ram Pride

I thought I would share this moment of Karma with my new Ram Family!

I was heading into work a while back, and all of the sudden out of no where comes these two riced out tuner cars zipping along. Obviously they were racing each other. Anyways, the speed limit is 45 and I was already putting my foot into and cruising along at about 55 so these guys had to have been doing at least 65. It was some tin can POS Honda Prelude and a really ugly red Ecplipse with a coffee can muffler, a spoiler big enough for an airplane, and some shiney new rims. So these guys come up on me and go into the turn lane to pass me and cut me off at the light. Good thing I have new brakes! I'm pissed off at this point and when we take off from the light I stay right up with them and guess what? These jerks are headed to Boeing too! We come around a blind corner and there is a HUGE pothole right at the end of it before the turn into the parking lot. BANG BANG BANG we all hit the pot hole. It even made me nervous! So we park, get out of our vehicles. I check on Stella (my truck) and I'm alllll goooodd! I look over at the Prelude and dude has a flat tire! Haha. Sweet. Next thing I know his little buddy comes up to him and says, "Dude, I bent my rim!"

Ah yes, Karma is a B**CH! I love my Ram!
Sponsored links
Old 01-22-2010, 09:33 AM

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta love it! Coffee can muffler...that was good....My husband and I call em' p.o'ed bees in a can. Maybe now they'll buy American? Or at least Dodges!
Old 01-22-2010, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3916
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

Great story 07......damn little rice rockets anyway!! Glad Stella came through like a champ!

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:56 AM
erm

hehehe...so these guys had big can tips on the exhaust, eh?

Must be sponsored by Folgers...
Old 01-22-2010, 09:59 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

sweet... even though I also own one of those rice rockets... I don't have a "fart can" on the exhaust though... so far the car is totally stock ('08 Civic Si), been spending all my cash on mods for the Ram.... of course just bought the wife a new Challenger... so there's a new source for mods money

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 01-22-2010, 10:10 AM

I like the SI.. I just hate it when these guys think that their car is fast because they put a carbon fiber hood on it. Hehe. I had an RSX Type S before my Dodge. A Little 6 Speed. It was fun to drive. Sadly, I think Acura stopped making them because they came out with the SI and didn't want the competition between the two of them, and Acura went to the full Luxury class instead of Nearly Luxury. So, I'm not a "ricer-burner" hater, and I've owned them too. Its more like an irritation of idiot drivers. Let me know whatcha do for the SI later though!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:33 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram QC
Color: Electric Blue Pearlcoat
Engine: 2008-2008 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:35
rjs2005 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rjs2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07dodgehemi View Post
I had an RSX Type S before my Dodge. A Little 6 Speed. It was fun to drive. Sadly, I think Acura stopped making them because they came out with the SI and didn't want the competition between the two of them, and Acura went to the full Luxury class instead of Nearly Luxury.
Partly true, also the official reason for dropping the RSX was the fact that the TSX was kickin' it's butt sales-wise. I have a couple of rice-burners in the garage, a 97 Miata and a 88 RX7 convertible. Love 'em both, and I even had a 04 RX8 for a daily driver. I quickly realized you could actually have too many sports cars and ditched the RX8 in favor of the Ram. I haven't looked back not once. Sometimes, you just need to drive a truck. Obviously 07 here gives us a shining example of just that!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:35 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie 4x2
Color: Deep Water Blue Two Tone
Rep:432
MightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really nice

This guy can't be serious

When I was in my 20's I always wanted an RSX, Prelude, or Eclipse. They were good looking sporty cars. But I would have never made them sound like shit with those crappy exhausts and put those ridiculous 747 sized spoilers.

.[/I]

Old 01-22-2010, 11:26 AM

How about this guy:

http://cse.unl.edu/~bkell/ricer.jpg
Old 01-22-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs2005 View Post
I have a couple of rice-burners in the garage, a 97 Miata and a 88 RX7 convertible.
Ah yes, the RX7. My dad had an 88 RX7.. says he misses that car everyday. He got rid of it because I was born. Haha. Yikes. Maybe I'll buy him a little project RX7 one day to play with.

Last edited by 07dodgehemi; 01-22-2010 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Oppsies!