DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Heating & Cooling

Notices

Heating & Cooling 4th Gen Dodge Ram Heating & Cooling Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-04-2014, 07:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: Laramine
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
Rep:10
wkirk is on a distinguished road

My truck is now on the 3rd set of hoses (org, updated hoses x2). I started to smell the oder again, then I saw they're leaking as well. I'm can't stand it, I've taked to the dealer on what they would give me on a trade-in. I just might wait until the hoses go bad again. Lemon Law here I come.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: white
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
pav1 is on a distinguished road

Had mine done a couple weeks ago....so far so good....

had to wait a month and a half for parts.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 dodge ram cc limited
Trim Level: Limited
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Binelli is on a distinguished road

what did they do to yours PAV1? I had the hoses and bottle replaced with the new ones, system flushed, and refilled with new purple OAT. What coolant color is yours?

Just curious, since the stink never left mine after they worked on it.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:43 AM
Almost The Way I Want It

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: True Blue
Rep:14
Medic860 is on a distinguished road

Ok, update on mine. Originally taken in for the stink and was told no fix at this time. Got a Chrysler case worker, it has been flushed and resevoir and hoses replaced twice. Just got it back last monday and everything was fine with the world. Was even thinking of putting on the magnaflow i had pulled from my 12. At about 400 miles since service, i could smell like burnt rubber hoses. Then last night pulling into the driveway i got the hint of the stink coming through the vents. Thought i was paranoid again and put my nose right onthe vent. I know if someone was watching they would have though i was picking an undercover booger. But it is coming back. The stink that is. I cant help but wonder if these new hoses are crap or if the service dept. is rushing through the TSB. Or could it be that the radiator and heater core is permeated with the smell and when it heats up that the crap is released into the cooling system. Im one visit shy of the lemon law. It pisses me off evertime i come close to enjoying the truck that this keeps happening. How are you other guys handling this? I know corporate is going to call me today to see how it is going. I am strongly going to push for a new truck.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Cherry crystal
macnamara532 is on a distinguished road

I wish I would have seen this forum before I purchased a 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie. The smell is horrible!!!!!! My wife and kids refuse to ride in this truck, so I am just sick over trading in my 2011 Dodge Ram Longhorn Laramie, for this nightmare. I am gearing up for a lawsuit if they will not cancel the deal and give me back my 2011.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 cc 4x4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Granite
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:24
finn5033 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic860 View Post
Ok, update on mine. Originally taken in for the stink and was told no fix at this time. Got a Chrysler case worker, it has been flushed and resevoir and hoses replaced twice. Just got it back last monday and everything was fine with the world. Was even thinking of putting on the magnaflow i had pulled from my 12. At about 400 miles since service, i could smell like burnt rubber hoses. Then last night pulling into the driveway i got the hint of the stink coming through the vents. Thought i was paranoid again and put my nose right onthe vent. I know if someone was watching they would have though i was picking an undercover booger. But it is coming back. The stink that is. I cant help but wonder if these new hoses are crap or if the service dept. is rushing through the TSB. Or could it be that the radiator and heater core is permeated with the smell and when it heats up that the crap is released into the cooling system. Im one visit shy of the lemon law. It pisses me off evertime i come close to enjoying the truck that this keeps happening. How are you other guys handling this? I know corporate is going to call me today to see how it is going. I am strongly going to push for a new truck.
I think your point about them rushing through the TSB could be part of it. I reset my trip meter before I took mine in and there was 5 hours of engine time ran on it while they had it. They had to flush the system 5 times after replacing the hoses. 5 times up to temp and 5 times letting it cool all the way down. I am over a month and nearly 3,000 past mine going in and I haven't had one wiff of the smell since the fix.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:10 AM

Vehicle: 2013 2500 CTD Laramie Mega 4x4
Color: Black Gold Pearlcoat
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:14
katokahn99 is on a distinguished road

Would you all mind hitting this Bad Smell Poll?
Old 06-19-2014, 11:44 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:16
unlisted is on a distinguished road

Didn't read the whole thread (who wants to read 62 pages) Anyone having this issue with a ecodiesel? Currently I am not, and I am hoping not to...
Old 06-19-2014, 07:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Trim Level: Laramine
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
wkirk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlisted View Post
Didn't read the whole thread (who wants to read 62 pages) Anyone having this issue with a ecodiesel? Currently I am not, and I am hoping not to...
I was thinking about getting the eco diesel when my 2014 Ram gets the lemon law smack down. But I'm afraid of it being the first year. How do you like it? What type of radiator fluid, is it the same as Cummins motor? What would you change about it?
Old 06-20-2014, 09:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Color: Granite Crystal/Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
DK1 is on a distinguished road

Update. It has been about 3 months since I had a complete flush and hose replacement. A smell came back, but not THE smell. It smelled like hot rubber and sulfer, but not that pugnent dead rotting rat on fire smell. And I would estimate about 50% as strong. I also don't smell it as much in the cab at stoplights and such.

About a month ago they did another flush, but no replacement of the hoses. This may have reduced the smell a tiny bit, but I don't think did much at all.

So I think I am going to call the dealer again and update them. I'm at the point where I still wish it was gone, but I'm not in a rage everytime I look at the truck. Other than the smell, so far everything else with the truck had been cherry and I love it!