DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-06-2014, 11:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: True Blue with Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:10
PTCTreeGuy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
I guess that starting this thread was a mistake

If that FORM exists & the sales person said it did, he could have printed it out
Many of you don't mind sitting in front of the Sales computer & filling out the check boxes along with the Sales person

I prefer knowing what each check box means in detail

Several of the members in here get it, some others don't

I just hope the hell that you those that feel like i am wrong, don't receive a 3.0 radio, 17" wheels, 3.21 rear end, tow mirror & a 6 speed

I will not be opening this thread back up, so you are basically talking to yourself
You have misunderstood me right from the start
Then YOUR thread title was VERY misleading and your grasp of the English language and nuance is terrible. As for the order sheet, he is printing out screen shots of the check boxes that don't actually do anything and is blowing smoke up your ass to get you out of his dealership. No dealer will ever go broke because you want to force them into something and they placate you to just get you to leave. You may not think out what you are doing but you opened this thread to show how much smarter you are than the dealer, but I would challenge that as highly focused BS. Go in there and compare knowledge across ALL the cars he sells and you'd look like the uniformed guy you think he is.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:01 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:19
MissouriRam is on a distinguished road

I think you'd be more likely to miss something when you order "Package 22L" because the 2015's are not out yet. Like many others in here have found out, Ram is likely to change packages at the drop of a hat, so by studying packages, you've really just wasted your time. Instead, I'd recommend what others have already suggested. Go in and say you want X, Y and Z. When ordering, make sure they spell it out to your standards so that if it comes in and it isn't what was described, you have a reason to reject the order.

It's unrealistic to ask anyone on this forum to basically copy and paste ALL of the packages available for these trucks and then also advise what options can be deleted from each package. Your best bet is to just throw out all your "must haves" and someone will surely be able to tell you which package fits those needs and/or if those options are possible with the truck you've chosen.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:13 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Jeep Wrangler
Trim Level: Sahara
Color: Steel Blue
Rep:106
spp will become famous soon enoughspp will become famous soon enough

There is no paper form I am aware of to build trucks as it is all electronic through DealerConnect now. What you are looking for are the 2015 code guides. They list out every trim and every option available to the dealer when ordering (retail and fleet). They aren't out yet as of last check for the 1500s. 2500+ and ProMaster, yes.