DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Accessories - Dodge Ram Parts - Dodge Ram Performance - Registered Vendors! > Bayou Goat Mounts - Ram Truck GPS/Cell Phone/Radar Detector Mounts

Notices

Bayou Goat Mounts - Ram Truck GPS/Cell Phone/Radar Detector Mounts Bayou Goat Mounts has designed the only mount made specifically for the  2009-2015 Ram Trucks. Our mount gives you the ability to mount your GPS, Cell Phone, or Radar Detector at the best possible spot on your Ram Truck Dash. With easy installation using factory screws already on your dash, this mount gives you a low profile look with easy access. Check out our sleek looking mounts at: bayougoatmounts.com

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-06-2014, 04:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:17
sixxgunner is on a distinguished road

Okay, got it done! Thanks for the idea!
I ended up removing the under dash cover as well. My wire kept going all over the place, so I ended up using needle nose pliers to grab it and bring in over to get ahold of it. It was straight forward after that! Pics!

Old 08-06-2014, 04:58 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixxgunner View Post
Okay, got it done! Thanks for the idea!
I ended up removing the under dash cover as well. My wire kept going all over the place, so I ended up using needle nose pliers to grab it and bring in over to get ahold of it. It was straight forward after that! Pics!

Stellar job
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 10-04-2014, 07:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn Edition
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Mathis1990 is on a distinguished road

I just got my mount installed Friday and saw this that night now I'm gonna have to do this too!! Anybody know how hard it would be to install a new 12v plug into the plastic between the seat and the center console? I use all my other plugs. Even inside the deeper center console would be good!
Old 10-13-2014, 11:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Lone Star Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Lone Star 4x4
Color: White
Rep:16
4GoatsOnly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathis1990 View Post
I just got my mount installed Friday and saw this that night now I'm gonna have to do this too!! Anybody know how hard it would be to install a new 12v plug into the plastic between the seat and the center console? I use all my other plugs. Even inside the deeper center console would be good!
Bryan, until last week I also had a 2011 Big Horn, but never needed more than two 12v plugs. The one in the center console and the one in the armrest. Never had to take apart the center console to add a 12v plug. Until now!!! On the 2014 model there is only one 12v plug in the center console and the armrest now has a USB plug. So yesterday I took apart the center console and found it pretty easy to take apart. Found the perfect spot for one but put it back together for another day. Not sure what it would take for the 11 model, but if you take your time and i'm sure you could do it. Most of the threads and post under my forum are about the removal of the dash parts for hard wiring a GPS are Radar Detectors. Haven't searched the forum for threads that may show the removal of the center console.
Wish I could have been more help
Duane at Bayou Goat Mounts

bayougoatmounts
Old 10-22-2014, 10:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn 4x4
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
dutchjoel is on a distinguished road
Default Clean install indeed

Just did the same on my 2014 1500 and did pretty much the same thing but took the right side instead of the left. Same thing.

Thanks for the instructions!

For those people who are trying to find out about the "always-on" power on the rear "cigar lighter" connector, it's the same for a 2014. You can find it on page 741 of the 2014 Owner Manual from download site http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/owners/manuals/. Just pop the hood, open the fuse box, check the sticker inside the box to locate P90/P91 and flip it over.

Joel
Old 10-23-2014, 02:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Lone Star Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Lone Star 4x4
Rep:16
4GoatsOnly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchjoel View Post
Just did the same on my 2014 1500 and did pretty much the same thing but took the right side instead of the left. Same thing.

Thanks for the instructions!

For those people who are trying to find out about the "always-on" power on the rear "cigar lighter" connector, it's the same for a 2014. You can find it on page 741 of the 2014 Owner Manual from download site http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/owners/manuals/. Just pop the hood, open the fuse box, check the sticker inside the box to locate P90/P91 and flip it over.

Joel
Joel, you can actually go a step further. You can change the hot to the front instead of the back. Do the same thing with the fuse but switch the position of the wires at the harnest. This is not as easy as changing a the posisition of the fuse but can be done. The connections for both 12v plugs are under your drivers seat. You can change the posisition of wires and make the front one hot and the back one with the key. I plan to make a new thread on this Saturday also a thread on how to add a 12v plug in the perfect spot on the front part of the console.
Thanks a bunch

bayougoatmounts
Old 10-31-2014, 02:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn 4x4
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
dutchjoel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GoatsOnly View Post
Joel, you can actually go a step further. You can change the hot to the front instead of the back. Do the same thing with the fuse but switch the position of the wires at the harnest. This is not as easy as changing a the posisition of the fuse but can be done. The connections for both 12v plugs are under your drivers seat. You can change the posisition of wires and make the front one hot and the back one with the key. I plan to make a new thread on this Saturday also a thread on how to add a 12v plug in the perfect spot on the front part of the console.
Thanks a bunch
Thanks Duane. In my case I prefer the back, since the cable will be pretty much invisible most of the way (except for those sitting in the back, which is not going to be too often or they will be dogs). But it sounds like some other people might want to do.

Joel
Old 10-31-2014, 11:19 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:156
SShadow1974 has a spectacular aura aboutSShadow1974 has a spectacular aura about

So, just an update. My cable went bad, so I had to change out the cable. Playing around, I managed to figure out how to get access to the 12v supply in the console. The silver trim around the console hole (I dunno what to call it) just pops off. Removed a couple screws from the little cubby at the front of the console and the tray comes out and then the trim around the console hole just lifts off.
Connected an USB charger to the back of the cigarette lighter and now I just have my cell charger and my dash cam plugged in and totally hidden inside the console. Tonnes of room.
And now I have my rear seat cigarette lighter as well as the console one available to use for additional things - like my tablet for the kids when we're on a long drive!
Old 12-21-2014, 11:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: '14 1500 Sport CC 5.7L 6.4 bed
vinstang67 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShadow1974 View Post
Connected an USB charger to the back of the cigarette lighter and now I just have my cell charger and my dash cam plugged in and totally hidden inside the console. Tonnes of room.
And now I have my rear seat cigarette lighter as well as the console one available to use for additional things - like my tablet for the kids when we're on a long drive!
I removed the cig socket from the console & it is under the console for USB connections.

How did you make the USB connection to the back of the cig socket?
Old 12-21-2014, 03:17 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:156
SShadow1974 has a spectacular aura aboutSShadow1974 has a spectacular aura about

Another update...
I took apart the console again because I want constant +12v to my dash cam and wireless charger and the el-cheapo usb charger I originally installed in there died.

So I soldered wires to a new 2port 4.1amp USB charger. Then under the console, there is a harness that goes to the back of the centre console (I'm assuming it's for the cigarette lighter for the back seat). I found a constant +12 in that harness. I stuffed the wires I soldered into the back of the harness connector and taped the wires in place so they don't slip out. Then I plugged my USB cables into the usb charger and done.
I wish I had taken pics at the time, but it was cold and I was in a rush.