DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - Dodge Cummins Diesel

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - Dodge Cummins Diesel Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-25-2014, 11:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2007 RAM
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:64
NWRQC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Daddy View Post
I did a lot of looking today as a matter of fact and edge,striker,and bully dog are in for the 13&14 cummins ....with that said no deletes... And not that crazy well ..1300 maybe 1500 with S&B also a methanol injection with striker being a good set up ....no they are not 1200 lb of torque but a plus in both mpg and torque....
The S&B won't do anything for performance or fuel economy. While the water/methanol will help in the power and fuel economy area, I don't think that it will be very practical on stock truck for daily driving.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Hemilvr is on a distinguished road

I wonder if this is gonna affect sales on diesels now? I just bought a 13 and if I would've known this I would have bought a 12.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:12 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
Rep:72
RayK will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemilvr View Post
I wonder if this is gonna affect sales on diesels now? I just bought a 13 and if I would've known this I would have bought a 12.
Didn't I read that Edge paid a 500k fine? There is going to be an impact on the performance industry if big fines are waiting for companies.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Rep:2026
brandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond repute

I don think it will effect diesel sales much. Either way people are still going to want diesels for all kinds of things. The majority of guys aren't looking for performance gains. But as RayK said the performance companies will definitely feel it. I'd be surprised if Edge was only fine $500k. H&S was just fined $1 million. Lots of the tuning and exhaust companies will feel it for sure.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs) | 30" curved LED Light Bar
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 09-13-2014, 12:49 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
Rep:72
RayK will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
I don think it will effect diesel sales much. Either way people are still going to want diesels for all kinds of things. The majority of guys aren't looking for performance gains. But as RayK said the performance companies will definitely feel it. I'd be surprised if Edge was only fine $500k. H&S was just fined $1 million. Lots of the tuning and exhaust companies will feel it for sure.
Just checked and my Edge CTS will work with the RAM. Nothing better to keep an eye on fuel injectors and any codes.

Brandon, I'm not sure of the 500k, but I thought that was a lot of profit going down the drain.
Old 09-13-2014, 04:25 PM

So I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and buy some hp. Don't know which to go with but leaning more towards edge because from what I've read they are getting about 30 more hp and 180 ft lbs of torque more than bully dog unless bullydog has a hot unlock like edge that I didn't see. Really sucks that we are limited now on mods! :/ anyone have and feedback between the two? Thanks
Old 09-13-2014, 04:31 PM

I really do think if performance companies don't start doing some homework and figuring out how to work around these EPA restricters that it will take a big toll on them. I mean Magnaflow is really scraping the bottom of the barrel by trying to sell tail pipes that have dual tips or a little larger or equal diameter for 13-14's for $400- $800 and claiming that they make hp gains. Hope to many people don't fall for that bogus. I'll put some dual tips on my factory exhaust or a larger diameter tip and make believe I get 5 more hp! Lol

Last edited by Hemilvr; 09-13-2014 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Mis spell
Old 09-13-2014, 04:52 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

brandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemilvr View Post
So I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and buy some hp. Don't know which to go with but leaning more towards edge because from what I've read they are getting about 30 more hp and 180 ft lbs of torque more than bully dog unless bullydog has a hot unlock like edge that I didn't see. Really sucks that we are limited now on mods! :/ anyone have and feedback between the two? Thanks
I think I replied in another thread about the 13+ tuners that you were in. The Edge is not an actual tuner for a 13+ Cummins; it's just a fooler module that changes the signals coming from the sensors before they get to the ECU. The Bully Dog is a true tuner that is actually changing the parameters of the ECU. That's definitely the better way to go in the long run. Plus 30 HP more is not going to be very noticeable in the scheme of things and there's no way it's making 180 ft-lbs more than Bully Dog.

8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs) | 30" curved LED Light Bar
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Old 09-13-2014, 05:04 PM

I'm just going by the numbers that bully dog is claiming and edge is claiming. Actually one of my friends just put the edge on his 14 and it really made a difference. From what I've read on members with bully dog is that you feel a difference but not crazy. So is the edge bad for our motors because of the way it creates the extra hp?
Old 09-14-2014, 02:59 AM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

I could see it being harder on things in the long run... But it's hard to make judgements on that until people actually have them installed on a truck for a longer period of time.