DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge 1500 Ram - Quad Cab
Trim Level: TRX 4 Off Road
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl / Light Greystone Pearl
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:26
Rocky Harbour is on a distinguished road
Default Braking Issues

I have a 2010 Dodge Ram - TRX 4 Package - 5.7 L Hemi. I currently have 4500kms on the vehicle.

I have noticed on a number of occasions that when I start the vehicle after it has been parked overnight, the first time I apply the brakes after leaving my driveway it takes an abnormal distance to stop the vehicle. This morning again the vehicle did the same thing as I was pulling out of my driveway.

I have noticed that it is particularly worse if we have had wet weather. I also had the same thing happen when I moved the vehicle after washing. The amount of brake pressure you apply to the pedal also makes no difference.

I contacted my local dealer they have had no reports of a similar problem. I searched this forum as well but I could not see any posts of people having this problem.

It is a scary feeling when you apply as much pressure as you can to the brake pedal and the vehicle will not stop properly.

I am most certainly going to make an appointment to have the vehicle serviced. I wanted to post this information to see if anyone else has had a similar problem.
Sponsored links
Old 02-10-2010, 08:42 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
RAMKING89 is on a distinguished road

If the truck was purchased with a warranty and im guessing it was, i would take it to them to have it inspected. you could check your brake fluid level on your own to make sure you have enough. usually low brake fluid pressure will give you a "soft pedal" but since it is only when you first start out it sounds like the line isn't keeping brake fluid pressure at norm. As for trouble when its wet.. until the mating surfaces of the brake pads and rotors are dry there will be a short time where it is going to take longer to brake. Thats why mercedes has a program where your car in wet conditions it applys the brakes throughout your drive to keep the surfaces dry
Old 02-10-2010, 11:17 PM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

2010 , still under warranty . I'd take it in and drop it off the night before and let them check it in the am . Better to get it checked out and some kind of documentation just in case you are involved in a accident .