DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 02 dodge ram 1500 quad cab slt
Color: mineral grey
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
rammy420 is on a distinguished road

make sure when you buy a used car or truck from a dealer and they say its mechanicaly sound have them put it in writing and if they are not willing to do so then DON'T!!!!buy from them
Old 10-29-2009, 05:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 4 trucks
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:17
pwrwgnman is on a distinguished road

Walk in when they are real busy and throw the keys at the sales manager IN FRONT of other customers and walk out,I did that and 4 other customers wlaked out right behind me lol document every time you have been to them and go see an attorney,when ya dealin with snakes ya gotta get a bigger snake...
Do you have a lemon law where you are? Ya might get somewhere with that...
Old 10-30-2009, 10:31 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 5.7L HEMI
Trim Level: Big Horn, Quad Cab
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:47
CHILLZ HEMI is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CHILLZ HEMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammy420 View Post
make sure when you buy a used car or truck from a dealer and they say its mechanicaly sound have them put it in writing and if they are not willing to do so then DON'T!!!!buy from them
thats smart....wish i would have dont that with my wifes caliber when we bought it from that garbage dump GREENBRIER DODGE calls a dealership
Old 11-01-2009, 10:43 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram QC
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Electric Blue Pearlcoat
Engine: 2008-2008 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:35
rjs2005 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rjs2005

Wow. Please, please, those who are reading this and contemplating a used vehicle purchase, be it from a dealer OR private party, take this story as a lesson. Take the vehicle to a third party mechanic and get it inspected. This will accomplish a number of things for you:
1) Provide bargaining power for you if there are problems you can get fixed yourself or can afford to deal with:
2) Provide a list of conditions for the sale, i.e. get these fixed or no deal:
3) let you know if you should walk (or run) away from the vehicle.

Once you take delivery, you really have little recourse, unless your state laws provide for them. Many states are much more business friendly than consumer friendly, and you end up stuck with a lemon with little recourse.

You could use the "Squeaky wheel" method, just don't put yourself in a situation where legal action can be taken against you.

I wish you well friend, hope this works out for you. I've been there, and learned the lesson the hard way.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:28
02BlackSLT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNM View Post
The only real power you have with these sons of $itches is to go out and get the vehicle inspected BEFORE you sign a deal with the devil. I remember your first post a month ago - and people were saying the price was a bit too high, that you needed to get your mechanic to look at the vehicle and you needed a carfax.

OK - so now we are here - and there's a problem.

The only way to deal with these people is to use the phrase - if they shoot at me with a gun I shoot back with a cannon. If they shoot at me with a cannon - I shoot back with a nuke.

You need to contact the BBB, you need to contact the fraud division of your attorneys general office - and if these people are a new car dealer - you need to contact the car manufacturer and file a complaint.

You need to go NUTS on them. You need to go CRAZY on them. You need to be the loudest SQUEAKY WHEEL they have ever heard. If you aren't, they are simply going to continue to $uck with you. You need to remember that you are dealing with the lowest form of scum in the deepest part of the pond.

If you get no-where with them you need to stand in front of the dealership with a sign that reads "Blind Mechanics on Duty"

Their web site you sent talks about this 60 point inspection. That's where you might be able to prove the fraud. You will need good, documented inspection reports that state that these problems existed before you bought the car. Then you need to go to the dealer with the report and a copy of their claim to a 60 point inspection. You need to tell the dealer that they faked the inspection and lied about the condition of the vehicle. Then you need to tell the dealer to either make this right or you will sue him an a$$hole the size of Cleveland.
I could not say it any better!!! This is what you need to do.