Originally Posted by jrtx
Anyone know how to remove the black plastic piece under the door panel that is bolted to the door? I took the bolts out but it is still hooked to something. Trying to get some more Dynamat in there!!!
1. Remove the trim panel (6). (Refer to 23 - Body/Door - Front/PANEL, Door Trim - Removal)
2. Remove the door speaker. (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8A - Audio and Video/Audio and Video/SPEAKER - Removal)
3. If required, reinstall the regulator handle or window switch to enable lowering of the glass (1) for access to the glass attachment clips (2) through the speaker opening and the service access plug.
4. Separate the glass clips (2) from the regulator lift plates (3 and 4).
5. Raise the glass (1) into the full up position and secure in place using tape or equivalent.
6. Disconnect the door electrical connector.
NOTE: The following illustration shows a typical door harness connector.
7. Peel the A Pillar grommet (1) off of the connector/retainer and move it up the wire harness.
8. Grasp the wire harness (2) by the convolute section of the grommet and gently pull the wire harness down towards the floor to expose the connector lock tabs.
CAUTION: Do not force the locking tab past the connector body, as damage to the connector may occur.
9. While still pulling down on the harness, use a small slotted screw driver (3) to gently push one of the top lock tabs until the lock feature is flush with the connector/retainer body.
10. Repeat the step 3 for the remaining top lock tab.
11. The connector should now be able to rock out of the sheet metal hole without causing any damage to the connector or sheet metal.
12. Remove the service access plug (2) and disconnect the exterior handle linkages (1).
13. Remove the screws (2) and separate the wire harness (1) from the door.
14. On standard cab models only, remove the lower belt channel (2) shut face screw (1).
15. Remove the door latch (2) mounting screws (3).
NOTE: Standard cab model shown, all others similar.
16. Remove the bolts (5) (quantity of 13 on standard cab, 12 on all other models) and remove the carrier plate assembly (1) from the door.
Couldn't get the pics to load sorry...